Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

New 3DS game only playable on the "new" models....yep

Iwata also mentioned that other games are in the works exclusively for the newer 3DS models. Kinda sucks but I've been looking for a reason to upgrade 3DS' for a while now so I'll be definitely getting a new system.

A remake of Xenoblade Chronicles will be released for the new Nintendo 3DS only.

Xenoblade 3DS will ONLY work on the "new" 3DS models. Coming next year.

Yep.....

Lol Xenoblade is not a new game....you're a bit behind buddy

the game came 2012 on the Wii and this is just a handheld remake for it

And if the new model is coming here....I have no problem since I wanted to upgrade from normal 3DS to an XL one anyway

Why don't you want my money Nintendo?

Lol they explained that the game will only work on the new processing engine of the new model and that the old 3DS can't handle it

And if the new model is coming here....I have no problem since I wanted to upgrade from normal 3DS to an XL one anyway

Ha, I'm still on a 2DS! xD The new model should be coming to other regions. I'll definitely be picking one up and getting the Luigi and Peach case platings.

Lol they explained that the game will only work on the new processing engine of the new model and that the old 3DS can't handle it

Dude. No. The 3DS is new. A new 3DS and 3DS XL were just announced in Japan.

But he didn't say Xenoblade was a new game? He said it was being remade for the 3DS then referred to it as Xenoblade 3DS.

Also, Xenoblade Chronicles came out in 2010 in Japan.

But he didn't say Xenoblade was a new game? He said it was being remade for the 3DS then referred to it as Xenoblade 3DS.

Also, Xenoblade Chronicles came out in 2010 in Japan.

1look at the title

2I meant it's NA release not the Japanese release

1look at the title

2I meant it's NA release not the Japanese release

Well technically it is a new 3DS game. The same could be applied to The Last of Us when it was released on the PS4, it was a new PS4 game. Xenoblade Chronicles itself may not be new but it's new on the 3DS... if that makes sense. I agree that the title is weirdly worded and seems clickbaity though.

Yeah but it was localised in 2011, it's not everyone else's fault that NOA wouldn't release it until 2012.

Edited by KHSoraKeyBlade

That's a joke, they're literally expecting people to pay $250 or whatever it is just to play a few games.

This isn't a smartphone, tablet or PC where people regularly upgrade.

That's a joke, they're literally expecting people to pay $250 or whatever it is just to play a few games.

This isn't a smartphone, tablet or PC where people regularly upgrade.

From what I hear, most 3DS owners are ready to fork over the cash for the new models.

Nintendo of Europe confirms models to be released next year. Nintendo of America has yet to announce anything of the sort, but we can expect it to hit around the same time as Europe.

Most? So 30 million? I seriously doubt it. There's enough people confused over the Wii U.

There's a difference between 3DS owners and Wii/Wii U owners. Other than you, I've yet to see anyone who already owns a 3DS complain about it. Everyone else, and I'm talking through several websites/social media, is giving the whole "take my money" response.

I'm starting to get sick of all the next gen ports too, but I understand for some it makes sense, like The Last of Us which just sold over one million copies on PS4 not including digital.

Nintendo of Europe confirms models to be released next year. Nintendo of America has yet to announce anything of the sort, but we can expect it to hit around the same time as Europe.There's a difference between 3DS owners and Wii/Wii U owners. Other than you, I've yet to see anyone who already owns a 3DS complain about it. Everyone else, and I'm talking through several websites/social media, is giving the whole "take my money" response.

It's still very early. Wait until they actually release a new game that is exclusive to the new models. Edited by Zola

It's still very early. Wait until they actually release a new game that is exclusive to the new models.

By the time most of us will have the new models, not to mention the exclusives are only exclusive because the (large scale) games are built to run on the upgraded power of the new models. It's not like somewhere around $250 is expensive when you can preorder months ahead and have it paid off by time it releases (a common practice most gamers follow). Again, Nintendo is focusing on core gamers now. That wasn't exclusively based on games, it was also based around the hardware, which the new models make obvious. Of course casual owners have no need to upgrade to a system to use, nor should they care about games like Xenoblade Chronicles.

Edited by Hero of Winds

By the time most of us will have the new models, not to mention the exclusives are only exclusive because the (large scale) games are built to run on the upgraded power of the new models. It's not like somewhere around $250 is expensive when you can preorder months ahead and have it paid off by time it releases (a common practice most gamers follow).

"most of us" implying 30 million or so. Which is not true.

I don't want to pay $250 for one game. That's a joke. My Aqua Blue 3DS is perfectly fine.

I have much more important things to buy than something I basically already own.

"most of us" implying 30 million or so. Which is not true. I don't want to pay $250 for one game. That's a joke. My Aqua Blue 3DS is perfectly fine. I have much more important things to buy than something I basically already own.

It's not about the game, it's about the hardware upgrade. When it comes to new models of a system, most people tend to care about the upgraded hardware. It seems you're already confused about the new models, and Nintendo even went out of the way to explain what's new, what's different, and why it's important. As for the implication, you wouldn't really understand the Nintendo fanbase. Not all of the 3DS sales belong to casual gamers. The majority of Nintendo's sales (3DS and Wii U, Wii was a totally different experience) are always thanks to the fans.

Besides, you're making your point of being upset with this idea because it's a game being made exclusively for the new models. Fortunately, it's a remake, a port, a game for a console your bias doesn't allow you to care for. 

wait hold up. does that mean i need to get a new 3ds? money is tight nintendo. god dammit

Only if you want to get a REMAKE of a game for Wii. If you still own a Wii (if you ever owned one) you could just go out and get a copy for like $45.

Edited by Hero of Winds

So does that mean the 3DS is completely outdated when this model hits the shelves and there are just games for the "new" model...?If yes this sucks!  >:(  I don't have money for a new 3DS and i was saving for more than a year for a 3DS capture card but i can forget that right now because with this the 3DS is outdated as far as i understand that. Correct me if i am wrong (i want to be wrong in this case)  : Also how is this working with the compatibility with the new c-stick and the extra buttons?

It's not about the game, it's about the hardware upgrade. When it comes to new models of a system, most people tend to care about the upgraded hardware. It seems you're already confused about the new models, and Nintendo even went out of the way to explain what's new, what's different, and why it's important. 

As for the implication, you wouldn't really understand the Nintendo fanbase. Not all of the 3DS sales belong to casual gamers. The majority of Nintendo's sales (3DS and Wii U, Wii was a totally different experience) are always thanks to the fans.

I know it's about the hardware upgrade, that's why I compared it to smartphones, tablets and PCs. But it's not like I upgrade those devices to play games either though. Those sorts of devices are upgraded naturally because the old one isn't as good any more.

Regardless of the hardware upgrade, I don't want to pay $250 for this product when I already have a very nice Aqua Blue that is fully functional and it's not a new console.