Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Is it is worth watching Dissidia's cutscenes on their own?

I have played but not finished Dissidia or Duodecim, I think they have multiple storylines to follow

Depends by what sort of cutscenes you want to watch

the animated cutscenes by themselves will give you a very rough idea of what happens, but for a comprehensive understanding of the story I'd recommend watching the non-animated (text-dialogue) cutscenes in conjunction with the animated cutscenes.

There are plenty of playthroughs on youtube if you are interested

Hope it helps :D

Played both of them. Dissidia 012 includes also all the storyline from the first one so you can just skip the first Dissidia. And  I'd recommend you to watch a full walkthrough of the game. Otherwise, watching just the cutscenes you may skip some details.

I've always thought for any game that a cutscene can only tell you so much about what's going on through the story. To get the full gist of what's going on, the gameplay has to be viewed as well. This is just in general, but it can apply to Dissida too. I mean, most of the battles and map gameplay are pretty simple and depending on who you are (as a person, not a character) they might seem a bit repetitive. But there's just some things that you can't miss out on, like the story's boss battles, or some text dialogue on the map. I'm usually a bit of a perfectionist, so when I watch a compilation on youtube, I tend to go with the one that includes gameplay. So basically, a walkthrough/playthrough. I feel that the cutscenes are only half of a game, the rest relies on the experiences had in the gameplay. To watch nothing but pure cutscenes, to me anyway, would be like watching a movie for the first time and pressing fast forward on particular scenes just to get to "the good parts". It's kind of the thing that bugged me about the HD version of Days. It was nice to see everything in HD and with voice acting, but they left so much out, even with those text summaries. If they had done what they were doing with ReCoded on Days back then, then it would have been much more suitable, at least for me. But anyway, it's all up to you. I suppose you could get the gist of the story by watching only the cutscenes. If you wanted, you could even try to find a video where somebody placed everything in a chronological order, so the experience is more linear. If that's what you want to do, that's fine. Me, I tend to prefer getting as much out of the experience as possible, especially if I haven't played the game yet.

Oh yeah, and if you are going to watch just cutscenes, you should at least go with Dissidia Duodecum (012), it includes the story/campaign of the first game, as well as it's own prequel story. Plus, it even includes a few extra "episodes" that take place in either the past or the future. So basically, Dissidia Duodecum is a much more complete package than Dissidia. However, both openings are different, so at the very least I would recommend that you watch the opening for Dissidia at some point. Again, it's up to you.

I'm not playing it unless they port it.

Well, you're going to be waiting a long time, as Square doesn't seem to care about it enough to want to make anymore sequels, let alone a port to PS3.

Edited by Hero of Light XIV

I've always thought for any game that a cutscene can only tell you so much about what's going on through the story. To get the full gist of what's going on, the gameplay has to be viewed as well. This is just in general, but it can apply to Dissida too. I mean, most of the battles and map gameplay are pretty simple and depending on who you are (as a person, not a character) they might seem a bit repetitive. But there's just some things that you can't miss out on, like the story's boss battles, or some text dialogue on the map. I'm usually a bit of a perfectionist, so when I watch a compilation on youtube, I tend to go with the one that includes gameplay. So basically, a walkthrough/playthrough. I feel that the cutscenes are only half of a game, the rest relies on the experiences had in the gameplay. To watch nothing but pure cutscenes, to me anyway, would be like watching a movie for the first time and pressing fast forward on particular scenes just to get to "the good parts". It's kind of the thing that bugged me about the HD version of Days. It was nice to see everything in HD and with voice acting, but they left so much out, even with those text summaries. If they had done what they were doing with ReCoded on Days back then, then it would have been much more suitable, at least for me. But anyway, it's all up to you. I suppose you could get the gist of the story by watching only the cutscenes. If you wanted, you could even try to find a video where somebody placed everything in a chronological order, so the experience is more linear. If that's what you want to do, that's fine. Me, I tend to prefer getting as much out of the experience as possible, especially if I haven't played the game yet.

Oh yeah, and if you are going to watch just cutscenes, you should at least go with Dissidia Duodecum (012), it includes the story/campaign of the first game, as well as it's own prequel story. Plus, it even includes a few extra "episodes" that take place in either the past or the future. So basically, Dissidia Duodecum is a much more complete package than Dissidia. However, both openings are different, so at the very least I would recommend that you watch the opening for Dissidia at some point. Again, it's up to you.

Well, you're going to be waiting a long time, as Square doesn't seem to care about it enough to want to make anymore sequels, let alone a port to PS3.

I'm not suggesting a PS3 port. I'm talking about a PS4 port.

IMO, the game should have been for PS3 in the first place

They weren't in a position to do that. Developing HD games isn't easy. XIII had to be their first.

I'm not suggesting a PS3 port. I'm talking about a PS4 port.

They weren't in a position to do that. Developing HD games isn't easy. XIII had to be their first.

Well I don't know how much they could do with porting it to the PS4, but the point is that Square doesn't seem to care about Dissidia as much as we do, so I doubt that they'll have much interest in porting the game anywhere, unless they had a sequel in the works and they wanted to reignite some hype. But again, they don't seem to be interested in any more sequels, so I don't think a port is likely. I've been wrong before though, so who knows?