Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Final Fantasy XIII series - Discussion Topic - Final Fantasy XIII trilogy is hugely successful for Square Enix

Do you think they are now doing it? I would buy one/them since getting the game(s) where I am right now is difficult...

Well it would be a pretty easy port. Wouldn't surprise me and they wouldn't put a Steam logo up for nothing.

Square Enix has announced all three games in the Final Fantasy XIII series are coming to PC and will all by available by "late Spring 2015" or something like May.

Final Fantasy XIII is coming on October 9.

The game will be available to download via the Square Enix online store and the Steam™ PC digital service (amongst others), priced at $15.99. The game is available to pre-order now (http://store.steampowered.com/app/292120)

Square Enix's screenshots are in 720p suggesting the PC version will remain 720p.

Oh, neat. Hopefully they add a few new things, because if they don't I'm probably gonna stick to my PS3 copies.

Looks like a direct port I'd assume all DLC would be included for free like PS Now though.

Recommended Specs:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad (2.66 GHz) / AMD Phenom II X4 (2.8 GHz) processor
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 / ATI Radeon HD 5870
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 30 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 11 compatible sound card
Additional Notes: A game controller using Xinput is recommended for this game. (If using a DirectInput based controller, please use the driver side key configuration to adjust settings as required.)

Judging from this list, no improvements will be made since the specs are so low. Hopefully some good mods come out and improve the port for Square Enix.

Recommended Specs:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad (2.66 GHz) / AMD Phenom II X4 (2.8 GHz) processor
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 / ATI Radeon HD 5870
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 30 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 11 compatible sound card
Additional Notes: A game controller using Xinput is recommended for this game. (If using a DirectInput based controller, please use the driver side key configuration to adjust settings as required.)Judging from this list, no improvements will be made since the specs are so low. Hopefully some good mods come out and improve the port for Square Enix.

I'm surprised they only recommend 1GB of RAM. And yeah, as I said the screenshots are still 1280 x 720 so it's the same as PS3. 

Square Enix don't really make improvements in their ports. No need either.

I'm surprised they only recommend 1GB of RAM. And yeah, as I said the screenshots are still 1280 x 720 so it's the same as PS3. 

Square Enix don't really make improvements in their ports. No need either.

I guess it's forgivable since they're only charging US$16 for it. If it was full price or more than $30... I think more people would complain. PC gamers expect some level of quality, but for less than $20 you can't expect a AAA-quality port.

Hopefully they at least unlock the framerate, instead of fixing it at 30fps.

I guess it's forgivable since they're only charging US$16 for it. If it was full price or more than $30... I think more people would complain. PC gamers expect some level of quality, but for less than $20 you can't expect a AAA-quality port.

Hopefully they at least unlock the framerate, instead of fixing it at 30fps.

I'm honestly surprised it's that cheap. Nothing wrong with 720p. If I'm not mistaken all their PC ports are roughly 720p.

The whole point of all of this is Square Enix testing the market on PC. They want to see how much XIII sells on PC so they can see how much XV will sell. I think at the end of all of this FFXV will come to PC like most people want 

The whole point of all of this is Square Enix testing the market on PC. They want to see how much XIII sells on PC so they can see how much XV will sell. I think at the end of all of this FFXV will come to PC like most people want 

Pretty much. And it's working, XIII's going great.

As long as there is no XIII-4 this won't bother me much

At least XIII-2 will get more attention cuz that was a legit good game.....that got sandwiched between two shitty games...........poor Caius Ballad all that potential

Yeah, might get XIII-2 up to 5 million copies sold.

Yes, and I enjoyed it a lot. I know lots of people that did.

I know a lot of pepole who hated the game as well, but I didn't played the game so I don't have an opinion on that. But I will play it with a open mind. And I played Final Fantasy games before so I kow what I am getting into.

In the Final Fantasy XIII Original Sound Selection, Masashi Hamauzu the lead composer of the Lightning Saga revealed when writing FINAL FANTASY XIII - The Promise - that he "incorporated ideas" from the director of the Lightning Saga, Motomu Toriyama. Hamazu further adds "So I feel that Mr Toriyama and I wrote this together."

You can listen to this amazing track below.