Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Tetsuya Nomura steps down as Final Fantasy XV director to focus on Kingdom Hearts III

so the plot of FF XV is confirmed to make sense now?

I'm liking this because it's funny. I don't fully trust this. I'm gonna take it with a grain of salt. Still, I wager he'll still get credited as a co-director because he put too much work into it.

Doesn't seem all that surprising to me.  XV has been in the works so long that a fair amount of people don't care anymore, whereas KH3 is highly anticipated by those who've followed the whole series and those who boycotted handhelds.  

Somehow I can imagine Nomura saying..."This game will have a new leader, but please wait a little longer."

Still! The new trailer is good and the music is great.

Doesn't seem all that surprising to me.  XV has been in the works so long that a fair amount of people don't care anymore, whereas KH3 is highly anticipated by those who've followed the whole series and those who boycotted handhelds.  

You know, we waited nearly the same amount of time for KHIII.

But KH3 wasn't announced or known to be in development in 2006.  If we were told in 2006 KH3 is in development and it still wasn't out by now the hype would have died down as well.  

Ah, well.

I'm glad Nomura was shifted over. I think Final Fantasy games should be made by those with FF"Xperience" *Ba dum tss*

It feels a lot more like a Final Fantasy now. The monsters. The caves. The crystal (Astral shard, same crap)

I'm mixed about this. Yeah its better if he can't really finish it, but I'm hoping he did a good amount of work with it.

Final Fantasy XV, like every other title in the series, is like a stand alone title.

Kingdom Hearts is a huge series with countless games actually connecting to each other and it kept on getting games yearly during and after 2009.

I think its unfair to compare them because of those reasons.

Besides, KH3 was announced last year.

lol even Nomura got tired of waiting for the game to come out

Bit sad at this news since Nomura's involvement and the KH relation was the reason I became interested in FFXV in the first place, but his influence is still all over the game if the new trailer is any indication and the fact that SE is more dedicated than ever to getting it out leaves no doubt in my mind that it'll turn out excellent.

Plus Nomura focusing full-time on KH3 means it should get along faster, which is fantastic.

Edited by J. Severe