Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Demyx.

Nomura doesn't like leaving Kingdom Hearts 3D as the only title without a HD remaster

In an interview from the September 25, 2014 issue of Famitsu Weekly, when asked if Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance would get a HD remaster, Nomura has stated that he doesn't like the idea of leaving Kingdom Hearts 3D as the only title without one. Nomura also

As you would know, with Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX containing Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX containing Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts Re:coded, Kingdom Hearts 3D is left as the only major game in the series without a HD remaster. Do you think that Square Enix will do something more with this game, eventually? Let us know your ideas in the comments below.

The full interview is available here (and relevant quote below), with translations thanks to goldpanner.

—By the way, what about KH3D? It’s not in KH1.5 or KH2.5.

Nomura: Aside from KHχ (Key), which is currently still underway, KH3D is the only title in the series not remastered in HD. I personally don’t like leaving it as the odd one out, so I think it’s an issue that requires consideration.

Click here to view the article

If it is released it wouldn't be for Wii U, as the point of remastering the games was to bring them to one console (Or at least one main series of consoles AKA PS3/PS4). If it was Remastered which me and a lot of ther people expect it to be, then it would be release on PS4 with touch controls OR on PS3 with huge modifications to make up for lack of bottom screen. (I would prefer PS3, but i don't make the rules :P)

i really hope that if it does happen it wont be for wii u. i kinda hope he would put on ps3 or something unlikely but yeah. i wanna play it if it does happen but i really dont want to get a wii u 

KH 3D HD 2015?

Too confusing a title. I say it's probably no longer in 3D if it happens, or if it is, they'll still remove the "3D" from the title and just call it "Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance". Other games have 3D functionality on PS3 without calling attention to it in the ads. 

Keep in mind, just because Nomura doesn't like that it is being left out, doesn't mean he can start a project of making an HD remake for it yet. Even if it did, it doesn't mean it would be practical for him to do any time soon.For example: I would like to upgrade my computer. I also have enough money to provide a mild upgrade to my computer.... But I know that I would cut out funds that could be useful for things I NEED later on. And since they aren't "what if" needs, they are for sure needs, it wouldn't be practical for me to do anything about it.So, Nomura quite possibly is in a similar situation, where he would like to but it wouldn't be practical.

Edited by Tigerruss

It really does need an HD remaster. Its a very important game story-wise that is THE lead up to Kingdom Hearts 3. Many people who havent played DDD will probably never know how Riku became a master or how Lea obtained a keyblade without reading up on a wiki. The question is, how would it be remastered? I would think it would have to be on PS4 since the DS4's touchpad can somehow mimic the 3DS controls

Come on, that was clear from the beginning that 3D is coming in 2015.

How else would they justify posponing any information on KHIII for another year.

And besides, 3D is Nomura's favorite title.

That's OK, but I don't like Nomura's lies. At first he's all like there won't be KHIII. Then he's like there won't be any more spin-offs.

And then he releases tons of games for handhelds before even touching the idea of KHIII again.

HE also said there won't be more games till KHIII but now he starts changing his mind again.

I bet there'll be KH 3D HD AND CHI before even remotely getting close to KHIII.

I'd rather have a year without a game than procrastinating KHIII even further.

Do you realize how much effort they have to put into making 3D playable on aPS3??

I really like the idea of tweaking KH3D a little. The game itself was next to perfect to me! I don't really care if they make it HD or not, I just have a couple of thoughts regarding game-play and content. 

Dream Eaters: Off Switch

The Dream Eaters are great, and add so much to the game-play! But, they kind of kill the atmosphere in battle towards the end of the game. I love fighting Sora & Riku's final bosses, Yoko Shimomura did a fantastic job with the music! The soundtrack really adds an extra layer to the game, in terms of intensity. But having the cute little Dream Eaters bounce around and make adorable noises destroys that layer. The only way to take Dream Eaters off, is to just let them die in battle, which is time consuming, obnoxious, and I just feel downright bad afterward. An off switch for Dream Eaters would be nice. 

Rematch: Anti-Coat & KH1 Final Boss (Trying to make this spoiler proof I guess)

Not being able to rematch Anti-Coat & KH1's Final Boss in Riku's story is annoying. I ended up using my second save slot just so I could rematch them. I would be okay with that if there were more than two save slots though. 

Turn Off the Drop: After Game

The Drop function adds a lot to the game-play, but it gets obnoxious if I want to play as just Sora. You can turn the drop off for Riku by having Sora finish his story, but not vise-versa. That would be neat. 

Extra Boss: TWEWY

When I heard TWEWY characters would be in Traverse Town, I had my hopes up that a certain TWEWY villain would make an appearance (Sho Minamimoto). Not necessarily as a story boss, but just an extra, like Julius.