Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sorarocks93

Random encounters or visible monsters?

For Final Fantasy games.

Which one do you prefer? Random monsters attacking you from nowhere or ones you can see and dodge.

TBH I prefer the random ones. It made me more focused on the world and the landscape instead of looking at how to dodge/surprise attack the monsters.

Yay first thread! 

Probably last too.

Edit: Damn I'm so stupid I forgot to add I meant which one do you prefer for FF games.

Edited by Sorarocks93

For me, it depends on the game. In Pokemon, I would like to have random encounters, cause it just works well like that. But games like Kingdom Hearts, not so much.

Oh. What about FF games? Do you prefer the way the newer games do it? (12,13) or the ones before that.

PS: I forgot to add I meant only FF games. /facepalm

Edited by Sorarocks93

I like random encounters, but the ones I played (7,10) are too frequent. If the enemies are roaming around I just skip past them (Especially in 13, fighting was such a bore sometimes.)

Yeah I agree on them being boring alot. Unless it require you to grind so you can be stronger later. I'd rather fight them early on then.

Random definitely amps up a sense of dread, especially when you're in a dungeon with finite healing capabilities. I think it also forces you to be more strategic with your party, since not knowing what enemies might face you at any point in time means that you have to have a team that can adapt to any number of circumstances.

For Final Fantasy games, I love random encounters, such as the ones from Final Fantasy IV.  Not knowing what monsters you'll encounter adds to the thrill of battle, and well, the Experience Point payoff is pretty sweet depending on the monster you face.  So yes, random encounters for me! :D

For Final Fantasy, I'd say Random Encounters. It fits well for its gameplay (Of course, I don't really play the games past VII with the exception of IX, so that might influence my thoughts there). I do like it when games also show the enemies walking around though, like in Chrono Trigger or Dragon Quest IX. It makes things more interesting.

I hate random encounter,its annoying.I like to have the choice to skip battles,so I prefer to have visible enemies in every RPG(Except for Pokemon because they do it right).