Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Curtain Call is a disaster

It's scored quite high on Metacritic. I'm guessing that now many Western gamers are interested in a cutesy rhythm game starring a bunch of Final Fantasy characters. While the first may have sold better, I guess not many want another edition that has a whole slew of more songs?

It's scored quite high on Metacritic. I'm guessing that now many Western gamers are interested in a cutesy rhythm game starring a bunch of Final Fantasy characters. While the first may have sold better, I guess not many want another edition that has a whole slew of more songs?

The original sold 460,000 copies worldwide but to be fair that was early in the 3DS' life.

Gee I wonder why...........it's like the game was very close to the release of a big 3DS title

Posted Image

It's exactly like Sega's stupid decision to release the 3DS version of Sonic Lost world the exact same day as Pokemon X&Y

It didn't sell that great in Japan either.

The original sold 460,000 copies worldwide but to be fair that was early in the 3DS' life.

It didn't sell that great in Japan either.

Well amidst game adaptations of Hatsune Miku and other Japanese rhythm games I don't think it would've sold that much since it feels more like an expansion pack

Well, Ubisoft is probably happy it worked out that way since they need more excuses to bash the Wii U and not release their games on it. :/ We all know that Ubisoft's really gone downhill lately, anyway.

Yeah. Especially with the Assassin's Creed series.

Yeah. Especially with the Assassin's Creed series.

I don't play any of their games aside from Rayman, but their decisions lately have been awful. I mean, suddenly whining about the Wii U out of nowhere, and developing 3 games for it them deciding not to release them? That's just... Ugh.

I don't play any of their games aside from Rayman, but their decisions lately have been awful. I mean, suddenly whining about the Wii U out of nowhere, and developing 3 games for it them deciding not to release them? That's just... Ugh.

Rayman Legends had to be the only good 3rd party Wii U game Ubisoft has made on the Wii U so far. All the other stuff are just "meh" ports. ANd yeah I agree. They whine and complain about the fans "Not giving the Wii U games any support" yet they're the ones that made the bad decisions on when to release them. Like how they just randomely delayed Rayman Legends when it was CLEARLY finished all so that they could make it into a multiplat game.

10,000 is truly abysmal. I didn't support the title at launch because of Smash and not wanting another Theatrhythm game when I don't play the first one as it is.

I don't have any doubts about other Theatrhythm versions coming out in the future and no doubt Curtain Call will go to iOS like the original did but I hope Square learn their lesson with two things,

1) Don't release the English version so close to a big title on the same platform

2) Don't think you are going to sell a lot of copies of what is essentially a GOTY version (with even more DLC as well) of your original game.

I'm sure the game might continue to sell here and there at least until Christmas but really Square should have released this game 2 months ago when there was a drought of 3DS games.

Edited by KHSoraKeyBlade