Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Film Robert Downey Jr. to Join Captain America 3

The Civil War story arc is awesome. However, does the MCU currently have enough heroes to support a good rendition of it? I personally would hold off for this arc but at the same time I can't wait to see it on the big screen.

The Civil War story arc is awesome. However, does the MCU currently have enough heroes to support a good rendition of it? I personally would hold off for this arc but at the same time I can't wait to see it on the big screen.

There isn't time to hold off this arc. 2016 is the perfect time to do it before the actors get too old or decide to leave the franchise entirely.

Personally, I believe Civil War doesn't have to be as big and grand as it's shown in the comics. We know there are already lots of people out there who have gained superpowers under mysterious circumstances (As show in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and soon Avengers 2 with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch) so let that speak for itself. Have it be a civil uprising ala X-Men 3 (only better handled) and primarily make the focus about the tension between Tony and Steve.

I'd also love all the rumors about Spider-Man joining the MCU to come true so that this becomes even more relevant, but I wouldn't put any stock in that.

Edited by Kaweebo

Oh God, this is going to be insane!  Marvel's Cinematic Universe is taking the world by storm, and it shows no signs of slowing down!  I'm really happy that Robert Downey Jr. will continue to play his role of Tony Stark/Iron Man.  I can't imagine anyone else who'd be able to pull the role off.  Robert is Tony!  They're one and the same! :D

There isn't time to hold off this arc. 2016 is the perfect time to do it before the actors get too old or decide to leave the franchise entirely.

Personally, I believe Civil War doesn't have to be as big and grand as it's shown in the comics. We know there are already lots of people out there who have gained superpowers under mysterious circumstances (As show in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and soon Avengers 2 with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch) so let that speak for itself. Have it be a civil uprising ala X-Men 3 (only better handled) and primarily make the focus about the tension between Tony and Steve.

I'd also love all the rumors about Spider-Man joining the MCU to come true so that this becomes even more relevant, but I wouldn't put any stock in that.

That and Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. won't be playing these characters forever.

Factoring in all the superhumans that have appeared and have yet to appear on Agents of SHIELD, plus the upcoming Netflix shows, there should be enough.  Although, Marvel is at quite a disadvantage as a good chunk of the populace present during Civil War were mutants...which are hands-off thanks to Fox wanting to keep a tight fist on the X-Men film rights.

These epic crossovers, and the insanely good chemistry with the actors are probably the MCU's biggest strengths.  Even with a dud or two (Iron Man 2...blegh), it's still a monster.

Now all we need is more Bruce Banner and Loki to go around.  :3

Weren't there rumors about Disney and Sony being in talks to give Spidey some part in the MCU? And given that he's a major character in Civil War...Time to get hype!

Am I the only one not too big on Andrew Garfield though?  :/  Maybe I'm just a Sam Raimi fanboy, but that initial incarnation of Spidey was just win.

The only way I can see Peter crossing over is if they reboot the character/franchise.  Again.

There's definitely a chance Fox will hand the Spider-Man rights over to Marvel because they've proven they simply can't handle the franchise. It sucks Spider-Man is one of my favorite heroes and The Amazing Spider-Man movies are pretty bad. 

Alright, let's see this great showdown! I loved how they conflicted opinions in the first Avengers movie, and I can't wait to see it again.