Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Vox

Theory: Sora ISN'T one of the 7 Guardians

While I wouldn't put that past Nomura I would be very disappointed and I don't think I'm the only one, Especially after he didn't become a master. But a few things to note.Aqua isn't getting out of the RoD on her own, she's going to be rescued by one of the active characters so She'd be in th esame boat as sora, not overcoming the darkness on her own. And Lea has yet to overcome his as, while he is human again, he can still use CoDs, a power only available to those under darkness' sway.Sora didn't fail because he fell to darkness, Yen Sid said they both deserve to be Masters but he only gave the title to riku because the latter went above and beyond the call of duty, went the extra mile, whatever you want to call it, he just did more than Sora.Xehanort isn't going to use Sora for the keyblade becasue he tried and failed with Ventus, causing him to have to make Vanitas and try again and fail again because it wasn't the 7 and 13. I don't think he's going to try to deviate from the recepie again.

I'd really prefer they finally throw Sora a bone

it seems like the entire series is built around telling us there's absolutely nothing special or unique about Sora

his combat style isn't his own, he got it from Ventus

he can't dual wiled because of himself, that's Xion and Ventus

that's not his keyblade, it's Riku's

he can't be a keyblade master, he got kidnapped!

can't he actually just be something without it being because of someone else for once?

Well according to Nomura that's kind of the point of Sora's existance, that he isn't special or unique yet is still an important character. But I agree that he deserve better.

Although I wouldn't put it past Nomura to do something like that but it's almost a given that Sora will be a guardian of light since he is most likely going to be the one to finish the fight against Xehanort but then again it could also be interesting that he isn't one but still finishes the fight.  You also have to put in mind that if Sora doesn't become a guardian of light for whatever reason that does not mean that he isn't going to fight, he is still going to fight Xehanort regardless.  If he doesn't become one I just hope they give a good reason other then how well because blah blah blah like what they did with him not becoming a Keyblade Master other then Riku just went in the Realm of Sleep again (grant it it was because he went to save Sora and such) but still what would he have done if Sora didn't fall to Xehanorts plan call them both Masters. The point is we don't know who any of the Guardians of Light are so for all we know it could be Yen Sid, Donald, Goofy, Genie, Chicken Little, Leon, and Cid, we just either have to wait for the game or until it is close to release to know for sure who the Seven Guardians are  

I'm personally done with the whole "Sora is supposed to be an average kid" thing. He's not Timmy Turner, dammit! Then again, Timmy Turner had magical fairies...

My point is that Sora doesn't need to ride this normal schtick any longer. He's the main character, he's gone up in strength and ability since the first game, his character is one of the main driving forces of the narrative, and he's traveled across the KH universe and beaten everything that has come in front of him.

He is the guy! Just admit it already Nomura! DX

Edited by Firaga Sensei

It's possible he won't be one of the 7 guardians of light solely due to the fact that Nomura has been screwing him for years.

I seriously didn't think Riku would become a Keyblade Master before him because of the amount of darkness inside him. Yet Sora has one moment of indescribable weakness in DDD and suddenly he isn't worthy? Sora saved dozens of worlds (some even three times) he SHOULD be the main guardian of light.  

Edited by FerroAxel7

Sora is in fact a GOL, because of what Xehanort said in DDD. "Sora and another on your list belong to me now." Xehanort implied that Sora is one of the GOL's by the use of the word another, saying that Sora too is on the list of guardians of light.

Sora is in fact a GOL, because of what Xehanort said in DDD. "Sora and another on your list belong to me now." Xehanort implied that Sora is one of the GOL's by the use of the word another, saying that Sora too is on the list of guardians of light.

Sora and another on your list belong to me now

Do you even english bruh

I don't think he is one of the lights either. I made a thread about it along time ago...I foget where it is though. So, ima just sum it up. 

He's the "normal boy" or whatever. 

The only example we have of when the xblade is made is when ven and vanitas merge together. 

So what if the 13 dark and 7 light merge together. Thats would leave Sora to fight super duper master xehanort. 

I think it would be rad. 

#1: In DDD, Mickey clearly stated that he, Sora, Riku, Ventus, Terra, & Aqua are all guardians of light.

#2: What does SGOL, TSOD & GOL mean?

Doesnt mean mickey was right. He was just guessing. 

Sora won't be a GoL, because he deserves to be more than that. Additionally it would be stupid for Xehanort to turn a GoL into a SoD, whereas he wouldn't be able to fulfill his plan. Sora is not the destined hero he is supposed to be, but rather the average guy everyone can identify with. Anyone can be a hero [batman quote] and anyone can be Sora. That's the moral of the story. He is nobody and everyone at the same time, because "I am who I am, because of them.". Ansem the Wise described perfectly Sora's nature in the end of KH3D.

What does it mean to be a Guardian of Light? Well, it means that it is your duty to protect the 7 princesses of light or the light itself. This duty and the whole future is obviously written in the Tome of Prophecy. Sora as a normal boy is not part of the prophecy, therefore he can change the future. He is not the protector of light, but the one who can restore balance between light and darkness. Back in time, when the keyblade war ended, the hearts of children protected the worlds from the darkness AND SORA HAS PROBABLY THE MOST CHILDLIKE HEART IN THE KH UNIVERSE. He is special and different, he is the one who will save everyone as somebody, who seems to be nothing special.

Nomura will surely agree with me, I mean look at his explanation why Sora didn't become a keyblade master and why he never will be one. But this fact don't have to be necessarily bad, because "keyblade master" and "guardian of light" are just titles. It is not important who we are, the extraordinary is in what we do [Tomb Raider quote].

But this is just a theory.

You know, this is a very interesting theory!  Vox, you've pointed out some very excellent factors here, and given that Sora really hasn't overcome his darkness on his own, I can understand what your implying in your theory.  However, he's a determined guy who will do anything to keep the peace, so I'm sure that's a quality that deems him worthy of being a Guardian Of Light!  But yeah, for now, this is all really left in the air as a mystery!  Since Terra will probably be a Seeker Of Darkness for the majority of the game, I believe Lea will act as a replacement Guardian Of Light until Terra is brought back, but who knows? But anyways, yeah, I really liked your theory! :)

Honestly, I keep going back to the whole, "You are the key that will open the door," phrase. What exactly is meant by, "key?" It keeps popping into my head that Sora will possibly be a sacrifice to restoring/opening/reconnecting/etc. Kingdom Hearts. Playing on that thought, I believe that Sora will be an exception to being a GOL; like maybe he will prove to everyone he can control the darkness and doubt within himself, and reach a neutral ground like Riku did and obtain the GOL status. Maybe he will fall like he did in DDD and someone like Riku (or someone else important to him like Kairi) will try to save him and Sora uses the hero card to close himself and Kingdom Hearts away if he is the "key" to save everyone. Idk...so many theories and so much to speculate. Anyway, I really do think he will not be a GOL and that he will have to prove himself throughout almost the entirety of Kingdom Hearts III that he was one all along. 

Edited by Cricket

I've never thought he was one of the Guardians of Light. It seems too cliche, and this game is notorious for plot twists. Also, Nomura stated that the true Guardians will be unexpected. A.k.a: Pete, Merlin, Jafar, Pence, Genie, Timon, and Sephiroth. xD

Honestly, I keep going back to the whole, "You are the key that will open the door," phrase. What exactly is meant by, "key?" It keeps popping into my head that Sora will possibly be a sacrifice to restoring/opening/reconnecting/etc. Kingdom Hearts. Playing on that thought, I believe that Sora will be an exception to being a GOL; like maybe he will prove to everyone he can control the darkness and doubt within himself, and reach a neutral ground like Riku did and obtain the GOL status. Maybe he will fall like he did in DDD and someone like Riku (or someone else important to him like Kairi) will try to save him and Sora uses the hero card to close himself and Kingdom Hearts away if he is the "key" to save everyone. Idk...so many theories and so much to speculate. Anyway, I really do think he will not be a GOL and that he will have to prove himself throughout almost the entirety of Kingdom Hearts III that he was one all along. 

I'm pretty sure the whole sacrifice play on Sora will probably not happen, as Nomura stated that Sora will always be the protagonist of the series, meaning he won't die.  This theory could have become more possible if Nomura hadn't mentioned that bit about Sora, but yeah, this wonderful series has a reputation for the unexpected, so who knows what'll happen? :O

I've never thought he was one of the Guardians of Light. It seems too cliche, and this game is notorious for plot twists. Also, Nomura stated that the true Guardians will be unexpected. A.k.a: Pete, Merlin, Jafar, Pence, Genie, Timon, and Sephiroth. xD

Lmao, you had me at Pete! xD

I'm pretty sure the whole sacrifice play on Sora will probably not happen, as Nomura stated that Sora will always be the protagonist of the series, meaning he won't die.  This theory could have become more possible if Nomura hadn't mentioned that bit about Sora, but yeah, this wonderful series has a reputation for the unexpected, so who knows what'll happen? :O

Lmao, you had me at Pete! xD

He could be sacrificed and then he finds a way back somehow? xD Idk... (Kinda like what happened when he stabbed himself to bring Kairi and the other PoH hearts back and then Kairi tapped into her power to bring Sora back). Who knows... :P

He could be sacrificed and then he finds a way back somehow? xD Idk... (Kinda like what happened when he stabbed himself to bring Kairi and the other PoH hearts back and then Kairi tapped into her power to bring Sora back). Who knows... :P

True, I see what you mean!  But you know, another interesting scenario could be that Sora does what you suggest, and everyone thinks he's dead, but he actually goes into hiding, and watches over the worlds as he becomes a wanderer, and he hones his skills to master his Keyblade!  (I'm sorry, but this came to my mind because of how Luke Skywalker is basically in exile in Star Wars Episode VII, and I kinda took that idea based on that. xD)

Sora and another on your list belong to me now

Do you even english bruh

Past me, wtf. That's the line

I don't even remember posting this ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °)

but anyway yeah i like the inbetween idea 

After everything that's happened before DDD, it's extremely hard for me to believe that Sora's ordinary, especially after everything he's done. Besides, Nomura's still building the KH Lore as he continues on with the franchise. Who knows? Maybe there's some sort of hard-to-believe secret that none of us, not even Sora, would know about the whole time until later on in the future of the series.

I love it..I don't know..it sounds like something Nomura would do. If the plan is to bring everybody back, then our list of potential Guardians is enormous. We got Sora, Riku, Kairi, Mickey, Lea, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Roxas, Xion, and hell, even Eraqus. That's 11. Even if we take out the iffy ones (Terra, Eraqus, Xion), were still down to 8. I think it'd be really cool if Sora wasn't one of them. But only if it's because he's supposed to be something even greater.