Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
AndrewHankinson

If you could choose any new gen console, which would you play Kingdom Hearts III on?

If you could choose any new gen console, which would you play Kingdom Hearts III on?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. If you could choose any new gen console, which would you play Kingdom Hearts III on?

• PlayStation 4
    • Xbox One
    • Nintendo Wii U

Wii U can't handle it. And if it can for some reason, Osaka team is useless. Take advantage of the hardware you've got to develop it, don't do something you could have done 5 years ago.

Funny how Wii U is there, when it won't be released on that console. Unless I missed something...

Won't be. Wii U isn't powerful enough.

Playstation 4. If it weren't for Microsoft being so incompetent and desperate to make up for their terrible press conference last year, Kingdom Hearts III could have been made specifically for the PS4, but now it has to be treated as a multiplatform game. That means instead of being made to push a system to its limits, it has to be made to be fair to the other system as well, and from what I'm hearing the PS4 is supposed to be more powerful (but I've got a bit of a Sony bias, so what do I know?). The only thing that baffles me is why Square even agreed to it anyway. It doesn't make much sense, they would already be getting a lot of money from the PS4 version, and having an Xbone version wouldn't really boost sales by much, not when half of the Microsoft users of the world don't even know nor care what Kingdom Hearts is (I'm sure there are lots of cross-platform gamers that do though, so maybe that's what they are appealing to...somehow). Plus, Microsoft doesn't do well in Japan anyway, so that makes even less sense. As much as I hate to say it, the Wii U would have made more sense as a second platform for the game, and that thing is practically 7.5th Gen technology! It's not nearly powerful enough for this build, but at least there would be a viable market willing and waiting to buy and love it. I don't know, maybe there's this secret group of Microsoft gamers who are casual enthusiasts of the KH series that I'm just not aware of, but I can't say that I have ever heard of a world-wide demand for KH on a Microsoft console before. Still, I don't see the game selling on the Xbone that well in comparison to the PS4 version in the future, unless they can justify the decision by porting the HD remasters onto a Microsoft console. Until then, it's just going to seem like a vain attempt to steel away some Sony users during E3 2013 in my eyes.

Edited by Hero of Light XIV

^Hero of Light, i completely agree i understand trying to expand the market but you released the remastered for the PS3 to attract new fans yet release the upcoming title on a new platform as well. i probably am also a little bias owning a PS4 but the ONE just doesn't match up when it comes to performance. but you're adding more to the process of releasing the game and not pushing the engine to the limits just to hit a small market that primarily in the US.

^Hero of Light, i completely agree i understand trying to expand the market but you released the remastered for the PS3 to attract new fans yet release the upcoming title on a new platform as well. i probably am also a little bias owning a PS4 but the ONE just doesn't match up when it comes to performance. but you're adding more to the process of releasing the game and not pushing the engine to the limits just to hit a small market that primarily in the US.

Exactly! It's like trying to train for a marathon, and you've been at it for months, but then your less-than-fit friend decides to crash in on your training and join you for the next few days. You don't want to make them feel bad so you run at a slower pace for them, but then you aren't pushing yourself for the marathon anymore.

I am already planning on getting KH3 for the Xbox One since I want to try KH on another console. Unless I don't have a Xbox One by the time of the release then I would just get it on the PS4( I will more the likely have all three by then lol)

But if KH3 was in development for all three I would get it on Wii U just because I feel like it is long overdue for a Nintendo console to have a KH game ( not a handheld but a actual console). Funny how people say the Wii U can't handle it but they ignore the fact that there will be more then likely less going on in KH3 then you're annual COD , Battlefields and Destiny, those games play fine on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 yet people don't think that the Wii U can't handle a game like KH3?

If they can port a game like Destiny from PS4 and Xbox One to PS3 and 360 then what makes you think Square-Enix can't port KH3 from PS4 and Xbox One to Wii U ( especially since the Wii U is more powerful console then the PS3 and 360)? Has there actually been a 3rd party game that pushed the Wii U's power? If not then how can people say how "weak" it is compared to the other two without any real evidence. The Wii U can handle unreal engine 4 they would just have to downscale it. Epic games said themselves that if they wanted to run URE4 on the Wii U, that's its possible.

Wasn't KH3 originally planned on being on the PS3?

Edited by MasterRoxas13

Despite owning a Wii U, if KH3 was released on the platform I'd still buy it on PS4. It's not an argument that "oh the Wii U can't handle it blah blah", it's just I feel that I'd be more inclined to playing it on the PS4 instead. That's just me though.

Despite owning a Wii U, if KH3 was released on the platform I'd still buy it on PS4. It's not an argument that "oh the Wii U can't handle it blah blah", it's just I feel that I'd be more inclined to playing it on the PS4 instead. That's just me though.

The Wii U can't handle it though, as I said if it could Osaka team is useless.

It's one of those times where I go screw you Nintendo. If they made a powerful console we could have had KH3 on it. But no. But do they stop there? They make Smash Bros the most amazing thing, tease Zelda Wii U and go like "We have games LOL" I am so annoyed with this and the whole "new" 3ds biz. So I must make a life changing decision which will determine the fate of the universe.... (such drama man)

I don't think Kingdom Hearts 3 is that graphically impressive, it looks good though but I do think the Wii U could be able to handle it. Alot of people underrate the Wii U so much. I'd buy it for that console if it even gets released for it!

The Wii U can't handle it though, as I said if it could Osaka team is useless.

I never debated whether or not the Wii U can handle it though. I'm saying that in an alternate universe if the Wii U, X1 and PS4 had Kingdom Hearts III I'd buy the PS4 version. Which is what the original question asked, so I answered it.

You are doing it again where you are just ripping on the Wii U again like always. Does it not get tiresome? Sure KH3 cannot be played on the Wii U but that's because it's being developed for PS4 and X1 and their discs simply don't work in a Nintendo device. :)

I never debated whether or not the Wii U can handle it though. I'm saying that in an alternate universe if the Wii U, X1 and PS4 had Kingdom Hearts III I'd buy the PS4 version. Which is what the original question asked, so I answered it.

You are doing it again where you are just ripping on the Wii U again like always. Does it not get tiresome? Sure KH3 cannot be played on the Wii U but that's because it's being developed for PS4 and X1 and their discs simply don't work in a Nintendo device. :)

You quoted what I said.

I'm not ripping on it. Lol. I should know what I'm doing. It's actually being developed for PlayStation 4 and will then be ported to Xbox One. It can't be played on Wii U because Osaka team will actually take advantage of the new hardware and not develop a game they could have developed five years ago.

You quoted what I said.

I'm not ripping on it. Lol. I should know what I'm doing. It's actually being developed for PlayStation 4 and will then be ported to Xbox One. It can't be played on Wii U because Osaka team will actually take advantage of the new hardware and not develop a game they could have developed five years ago.

I never originally quoted what you said. I answered the poll and gave my view. You then quoted my post...

Technically it's being developed for PC then ported to PS4/X1 but hey that's the technicalities. It can't be played on the Wii U because it's not being developed for the system. Kinda strange that the Wii U is being considered as 5 year old tech when it has games that make better use of the system than the PS4 or X1 have.

But hey let's not turn this into a stupid console debate. I gave my view on the poll and kindly said that despite owning a Wii U I'd prefer KH3 on PS4 so let's leave it at that?