Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Kittenz

Why do my parents want me to grow up quicker than I really am?

People say I'm emotionally younger but that I know things beyond my years

Then my parents treat me like I'm 20 and stuff, but next year I'm going into year 9

I don't get it at all. It's like they want me to grow up faster. But I don't want to

I think, they want to make you stronger to face the(not always easy) world, it's sad but sometimes you will have to manage some emotions to continue, but if you're truly as you said , stay as you're , it's your nature and you should probably talk over with your parents

How are they treating you? Is it about taking responsibility (in which case, I kinda understand your parents) or more about how you are, the things you like etc.?

If it's really that bad, talk to your parents. Tell them that you are 15 so they can't expect you to act like an adult because you are not one.

...You are almost 9?

No, I'm going into year 9. As in the australian school year

Posted Image

If someone goes into year 8 as a 15 year old, my situation, then it's normal to be 16 in year 9. But my parentals are making a huge fuss

How are they treating you? Is it about taking responsibility (in which case, I kinda understand your parents) or more about how you are, the things you like etc.?

If it's really that bad, talk to your parents. Tell them that you are 15 so they can't expect you to act like an adult because you are not one.

About how I am and things I like ;~;

About how I am and things I like ;~;

How you are, sure. There's something to be said for emotional maturity and taking some responsibility for yourself. But if they're also giving you crap for liking things like Kingdom Hearts or whatever, you really just gotta brush them off -- I mean, as long as you're not going hyper fangirl when the subject comes up and embarrassing yourself with how enthusiastic you are. Trust me, I've been on the giving end of this and in retrospect, it wasn't pretty. But if you just happen to like a certain something, then firetruck them.

How you are, sure. There's something to be said for emotional maturity and taking some responsibility for yourself. But if they're also giving you crap for liking things like Kingdom Hearts or whatever, you really just gotta brush them off -- I mean, as long as you're not going hyper fangirl when the subject comes up and embarrassing yourself with how enthusiastic you are. Trust me, I've been on the giving end of this and in retrospect, it wasn't pretty. But if you just happen to like a certain something, then firetruck them.

This, really. My parents can be sarcastic and annoying about the hobbies I like, and even now it still gets my feelings, but the only thing you can really do is just ignore it and enjoy what you're doing.Not worrying about others opinions about something you love and showing your true self could be described as true strength.

Parents are just like that.  At one level they may be doing it because they don't want you to be too innocent and get hurt..  Their hearts might be in the right place but they just can't express it in the right way.  However, if this goes too far, then you have to stand up for yourself and them them you want them to love you for who you are.  Parents don't really have a say in what you like and don't like, and trying to change you is the most unparrent like thing they could do.  Remember, this is you, not them.