Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Exiblade7

My 10 top favorite zelda games

Please note that this is based on my opinion, so please respect it. Feel free to say your opinion on your 10 top zelda games :)

10. Minish Cap: I think it's a good game with a really cool story. I thought that the dungeons in the game are easy though

9. zelda 1: has really good dungeons in it. The only thing I complain about in this game is the lack of direction. I need something to follow so I can complete dungeons so i can complete the game.

8.Wind Waker: I think it really has a interesting art style, but the dungeons in the game are VERY easy

7. Skyward Sword: Some fans hate this game for being too linear, but I actually like it because I feel like I should be lead or at least have a feeling to be lead somewhere so I won't be wondering around the overworld not knowing what to do, at least in my opinion. 

6. The oracle games: I've only played and finished Oracle of Ages and played a little bit of Oracle of Seasons. Both of the games have very unique dungeons. 

5. Link's awakening: I think this game has one of the best dungeons in the zelda series. All of the dungeons were very challenging to me. Each of them had its own interesting puzzles. xD

4. Phantom hourglass: The game felt a little easy in the dungeon side of things. The story wasn't really interesting to me even though it's a direct sequel to the Wind Waker. I had a pretty hard time completing this game for some strange reason. 

3. Ocarina of Time: The art style is pretty much bland. The story connects other games in the zelda series which i really like. The some dungeons in the game were easy to me, other dungeons in the game I found a little hard like the water temple. I really enjoyed the water temple because of how hard the temple is to complete. xD

2. Twilight Princess: Even though people complain about the game's art style being too dark in a way, I try to look in the positive way of it. When I finished all of the dungeons in the game, I remember having to look up a guide just to go on with the story. It definitely has 2nd most unique dungeons in the zelda series. 

1. Spirit Tracks: This is my favorite zelda game because it takes place 100 years after the events of the wind waker and phantom hourglass. The art style is really fitting for the game and I think that this game has the hardest dungeons in the zelda series. It also has VERY hard puzzles. I remember I had to ask my brother for help every time I found a dungeon. It was very fun actually and very frustrating at the same time xD. I also liked the overworld theme in the game. It really made me felt that I was exploring the new world of hyrule. The song is so rich to me that it is one of my favorite zelda songs in the series. 
Edited by Zeldablade7

Your list is surprising in that you have a very different taste in Zelda games, which is not a bad thing at all- I mean Twilight Princess isn't my favorite Zelda by a long shot, but it deserves some respect for at least delivering what it promised and having one of the best presentations in the Zelda universe.

My list would probably be:

10. Twilight  Princess   

9. Link to the Past

8. Skyward Sword

7. Majora's Mask

6. Four Swords

5. Minish Cap

4. Ocarina of Time

3. Link Between Worlds

2. The Legend of Zelda (NES)

1. Wind Waker

Nice.list! I'm not that into the zelda series, meaning I have played only a few, but my favorite is ocarina of.time

Edited by TB298

7. Skyward Sword: Some fans hate this game for being too linear, but I actually like it because I feel like I should be lead or at least have a feeling to be lead somewhere so I won't be wondering around the overworld not knowing what to do, at least in my opinion. 

I agree with this

Always nice to meet a fellow Zelda fan on the internet. I'll share my favourites as well:

10. Oracle of Ages/Seasons: I don't know why I like them but I just thought it was fun. To be honest I'm still playing through seasons and I'm kinda stuck on the 3rd dungeon. It's really hard. :(

9. Spirit Tracks: Has my favorite instrument, the SPIRIT FLUTE. And it's unique in its own way with the trains. Yay.

8. Zelda 2: I like the idea of side scrolling even though I find the game to be very difficult.

7. Link to the Past: Puns aside, this game was really fun to play and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Not really a memorable villain imo but it works.

6. Ocarina of Time: I didn't grow up in the N64 era and it wasn't part of my childhood. Playing through it, I didn't feel it was the masterpiece most people think it was but the time travel was cool.

5. Majora's Mask: I think it has a better and deeper story than most games in general, not just Zelda. That's my reason for putting it above OOT. Gameplay is similar but there are masks this time around which do cool stuff.

4. Minish Cap: I LOVE this game so much. Favorite 2D Zelda, (I haven't played A Link Between Worlds yet) The world is bright and colorful and I love how it plays. Great game.

3. Big three time. Twilight Princess: First time I played a Zelda game properly, (I try to forget my first time playing through OOT). It was a fun experience. I found it too easy though, but I did need a guide in some parts. (For the dumbest reasons. I solved the actual puzzles on my own, but I needed a guide to tell me to "look up" in order to find the door or something.) Boss battles were amazing.

2. Wind Waker: ADVENTURE!!!!! Wonderful game. And I will be getting the HD version once I pick up the Wii U.

1. Skyward Sword: It's funny. Even though its my favorite, I can pick out the most flaws. No exploration. Motion controls can be a bother (it wasn't problematic, just that I don't feel like swinging my arms around sometimes), emptyish overworld, divided regions etc. But I enjoyed it so much. I feel people would hate it less if it wasn't motion controlled. This Zelda is my favorite iteration of the Princess. She had character and was someone you cared about, not just another Princess in another castle. The boss battles were AMAZING and it has a great soundtrack. Despite it's flaws and linear experience, I love this game to bits. :D

The thing is, Skyward Sword takes its story seriously than other games. The game is built around the story rather than exploration. Kinda like TP, but in that game there is some exploration. Skyward is more similar to Western RPG's in a way than it is to a Zelda game.

The thing is, Skyward Sword takes its story seriously than other games. The game is built around the story rather than exploration. Kinda like TP, but in that game there is some exploration. Skyward is more similar to Western RPG's in a way than it is to a Zelda game.

That's a good point. I can handle a game that has some exploration, but it has to have a story. If it has too much exploration I might get lost. I don't really like getting lost a lot.

Edited by Zeldablade7

I'm hoping for Zelda Wii U that they make a really good story. Zelda has so much potential as a franchise, and I don't like to see it be wasted. They could create an amazing experience.

I agree with you. hopefully it will be an awesome game with very challenging dungeons with the touch of a well though out story along side it. I'm mostly interested in the dungeons and the story in zelda u. I also hope that everybody who has different opinions on zelda games and how the series should go will like it and appreciate what the game has to offer. 

Edited by Zeldablade7

I agree with you. hopefully it will be an awesome game with very challenging dungeons with the touch of a well though out story along side it. I'm mostly interested in the dungeons and the story in zelda u. I also hope that everybody who has different opinions on zelda games and how the series should go will like it and appreciate what the game has. 

I so wish the whole fanbase thinks like you. :D The thing I hate most about the series is the fanbase and the lack of appreciation for ALL of the games. They don't have to like them, but it wouldn't hurt to appreciate the game and the effort and care behind it. We're lucky that Nintendo cares about Zelda and works hard to make the best game possible. :D

Well it IS the origin...

I'm not a terribly big Zelda fan, and haven't finished any but the first, but I'll try to get at least a top 5:

1. Wind Waker (HD)- I love this game so much. It's the only 3D Zelda I've played that really hooked me in from the start, and it feels like an actual adventure. The art style is my favorite in the series, the world is huge, and there are secrets absolutely everywhere. It's probably one of my favorite games of all time.

2. Phantom Hourglass- This was one of the first games I played in the series, and I've always loved it. The touch controls worked out nicely, and despite being a watered down Wind Waker, I still enjoy the exploration. I liked all of the different tools Link can find, too.

3. A Link to the Past- This is definitely my favorite of the 2D console games for the Zelda series. It plays really well, the puzzles are thought-provoking, and the combat's a lot of fun.

4. Majora's Mask- Despite feeling fairly clunky, I definitely like this one a lot more than Ocarina of Time. The atmosphere was a lot more engaging, and the time limit made the gameplay much more interesting. The different masks were fun to use, too.

5. The Legend of Zelda- The first Zelda is still a blast to play today. The world map is interesting, and large for a NES game, and the gameplay is excellent. It's not quite as fine-tuned as ALTTP, but I still think that this is a fantastic game.

6. Oracle games- My reasoning for these games are pretty much the same as what I said for the first Zelda game. They're a lot of fun, and really fixed the issues that Link's Awakening has.

7. Spirit Tracks- The game felt really limited compared to even Phantom Hourglass, but it was still pretty fun. It also improved on the Phantom Hourglass engine, which was nice. I regret selling my copy.

8. Skyward Sword- While the game was definitely fun, I feel like it was too linear. I still enjoyed what I played, but I wish that it opened up a lot more.

9. Ocarina of Time- I'm going to get so much crap for putting this game so low, but I honestly don't think it's nearly as good as most people say. Is it a good game? Yes. However, it's too clunky, and it didn't feel too engaging. I feel like it gets a lot more praise than it deserves.

10. Four Swords Anniversary Edition- While it wasn't quite as fun as one of the typical Zelda adventures, it was still fun to play a Zelda game multiplayer for once.

3. A Link to the Past- This is definitely my favorite of the 2D console games for the Zelda series. It plays really well, the puzzles are thought-provoking, and the combat's a lot of fun.

I agree with this. A link to the past is a good classic zelda game. Even though it wanted to hold your hand a little, it still let you go almost anywhere you wanted to go to. 

I'm a huge Zelda fan,so here's my list

10. Zelda 2 The Adventure of Link : It doesn't really play like a Zelda and the difficulty can be brutal at time,but I still really like that game and I'd even say its underrated. I like the gameplay,its really fun and satisfying because its so difficult.Even though it doesn't play like the other Zelda games,it still feels like a Zelda,you explore a world,find items,there's dungeons with bosses at the end,Link,Zelda,Ganon and the Triforce are all here.The game would have been more enjoyable if it was a bit easier,Death Mountain and the Final Dungeon are just cruel

9. The Legend of Zelda : I used to not like this game at all when I was younger because of the crazy difficulty and because of how cheap the exploration is,but I gave it an other chance with an Internet map to tell me where everything was and it was actually fun.The game is really open and really rewards exploration,the more you explore,you'll find more items,so you'll have an easier time in the dungeons,I really like that aspect,but the fact that a guide is pretty much required to play the game( ESPECIALLY in the second quest ) ruins the a bit. 

8. Oracle of Ages : I don't remember much about this I haven't played it in years,but I remember really liking it and the story was pretty cool with all the time travel stuff.

7. A Link to the Past and Minish Cap : I pretty much like those two games equally,I still can't decide which one I prefer.Minish cap as more side stuff to do a better story,Vaati is pretty cool.A Link to the Past world is bigger with a lot more dungeons and bosses and the exploration was better in that game,butThey both had cool bosses,interesting dungeons and pretty much feel the same to me in terms of controls.

6. Spirit Tracks : I really like the touch controls,this game is just so much fun to play and the puzzles are really clever,teaming up with Phantom Zelda is a really cool mechanic and the tower of Spirit didn't felt as tedious as the temple you had to go though multiple times in Phantom hourglass(forgot the name).But I still prefer Phantom Hourglass overall.

5. Phantom Hourglass : Like in Spirit Tracks I really the touch controls,the dungeons are cool and clever and the multi-player is really fun.

4. Majora's Mask : This game has a lot of charm,I like how most NPCs are involved in a sidequest in some way.The game doesn't have a lot of dungeons,but there's still a lot to do in the game with all the side-quests and I like the transforming masks.

3. Wind Waker : I really like this game,the combat is really fun,exploring the great sea is really fun with a lot of islands to explore and cool rewards(Unlike Skyward Sword and its tiny rocks floting in the sky).I know a lot of people find the sailing sections tedious because of how long it took to reach an island,but I actually like it,it felt like a real sea adventure,it never felt slow and boring to me,the swift sail wasn't necessary for me in the HD version(but its still a great addition)And the quest for the triforce piece never bothered me a well.The only problems I have with the game is how few dungeons there are in the game and I wish that the were more exploration to do in Hyrule rather then this linear hallway to Ganon's Castle.

2. Ocarina of Time : I played this game countless times,I have so much fun playing it.Its also the 3rd game I've every played and it used to be my favorite.The game has a lot of dungeons and they are all interesting(The Water Temple used to be a nightmare,but when you know the game its not as bad).I also really like the equipment system in that game and I hope they bring it back for futur game,I like the idea to customize Link the way I want and I don't get why they never brought is back except for Twilight Princess.

1. Twilight Princess : Its my favorite Zelda game and my favorite game of all time.This is pretty much the perfect Zelda experience for me.The story is epic(for Zelda),the game has a lot of dungeons and they were all interesting,the boss fights were great and epic,the world is huge with a bunch of sidequests and the game had I lot of throwback to Ocarina of Time my second favorite Zelda,the only thing its missing is a Dark Link fight. The game does have some flaws though,the bosses are cool,but they are a bit on the easy side,some items like the top spin and the ball n chain are cool,but its really disappointing how they are mostly useful only in the dungeon they were intended for and considering how huge the world is I was hoping that the game had more secrets and sidequests with more interesting rewards.