Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Kittenz

Text {KH Fanfic} An unlikely friend

This was my entry for the contest....... but I was banned from the interwebs for a day  and therefore missed my last chance. 

-Fade in-

Namine sat in the white room she had called home for many a day now. With nothing else to do, she began to draw. The abandoned mansion creaked with DiZ's steps as he always checked on her at the wake of half-an-hour intervals. It's not that she thought DiZ was a bad person, but he wasn't exactly good company, either. 

Namine ''felt'' something....something like ''loneliness'', much like that she had ''felt'' before. But even so, she was glad she had at least someone to talk to....even if he only saw her as a nobody, but to her that seemed fine, because that was all she saw herself as.. still, he seemed to care somewhat nonetheless.

He had that kind of an air about him, he seemed to discard any semblance of caring, but deep down, it was obvious he felt sorry for Namine. That person was someone she had seen before in memories, Riku.

Every week, after following DiZ's orders and checking on Roxas and other person, he almost always came back to ask Namine how she had progressed with Sora's memories.

The conversations they had when Riku entered the white room usually consisted of nothing more than a few sentences, ''Are you making progress?'' then she would reply with something like ''Yes. But it has become more difficult for me'' and then they would stop talking altogether. But today was different. DiZ wasn't around to monitor what Namine was doing nor to give Riku tasks. 

This time, when Riku entered the room, he didn't sit down. Instead he suggested they go to the clock tower. 

''Huh?'' Namine said, ''Why?'' 

''I tell you once we get there'' was all he told her. 

----

Following Riku, Namine walked through the quiet buildings of Twilight Town until they reached the towns landmark, the clock tower. Once there, they silently made their way to the top.

Riku leaned against the wall and Namine sat over the edge, simply looking out to the sunset overhead. Namine was deep in thought for a moment, then spoke up. 

''Why..Did you bring us here?'' Namine asked the cloaked boy.

''Those three you were talking about'' he spoke, ''I always see them up here, acting like best friends''. He started to walk over to the edge, were Namine was sitting, however he did not sit down. Namine looked up at him.

He laughed slightly before speaking again, ''I guess you could say.... you remind me of an old friend, someone I haven't seen in a while''

Namine smiled, she knew who he meant, from the memories Namine had seen, Riku saw her other as a dear friend. She was happy Riku could see her  as a friend in some form, even if it wasn't true friendship. ''I'm glad''

-Fade out-
Edited by KittensOnFire