Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Tails

Is the KH Fanbase Really Worse Than The Sonic Fanbase?

I don't personally think it's true.Why cause one,kingdom hearts games come out very slow unlike sonic games which only takes a year maybe two to make.Two I barely see any one complaining about any kingdom hearts game as they are perfect always,but unlike sonic games a lot of sonic gamers complain a lot,cause the games are either too rushed,unpolished,or even both.So to answer your question,the sonic fan base is worse.Dont get me wrong I love the sonic games to heart,It's just that the fans are what killing the sonic games. The Kingdom hearts fan base on the other hand is just perfect,cause the only thing we complain about is when KH3 is coming out,we don't complain about it often,unlike the sonic fans which they complain about everything that's in a sonic game.So to finish off,Sonic fan base is worse,Kingdom hearts"s fan base is not.

Why are people so bent on comparing fanbases?? Every base has it's flaws, there really isn't a superior ground, here. Every franchise has people who are chill and collected, and others who are frightfully passionate, and borderline nuts. It just comes with the territory. The Sonic fanbase is made up of cool individuals who genuinely enjoy the franchise for what it is, others who spend a large part of their time complaining about Sonic '06 and Sonic Boom, and some who bark at anyone that doesn't share their opinion. The Kingdom Hearts series can be similar: it has people who genuinely enjoy the franchise for what it is, some who always complain about things not being released worldwide, and some who bark at others that don't share their opinions. See where I'm going with this? Same monsters, different bed.

You have to be one of the most cynical people to be considered part of the Sonic "fanbase". I put fanbase in quotations just so we're all clear that there's a difference from being a fan and being a "fan" AKA a Cynical Sam. :/

The worst we KH fans get off on are the fact that we've been waiting ten plus years for the third game. And can you blame us?! It's been years since II!

Rant.

I would say I partially agree, somewhat. A lot of people complain about any game that isn't KH3, or write off a game for whatever reason, one such case of that is Re:Coded. It's a good game, the plot is a tad bit lukewarm, but it's got a great combat and level up system, customization, and neat combat mechanic's. And for a small DS title, the plot isn't half bad. But because of the fact it could have been done in a few cutscenes, a lot of people begin to hate on it. Or 358/2 days. It was decent, suffered a identify crisis due to the fact they tried to make the DS control like a Dual shock 2, and combat was a tad underwhelming, as well as a lot of people disliking the plot since it introduced Xion, and another wrench in the plan, so to say. I however found some of its aspects (like the load out customization and keyblade upgrades system) very fun. And being able to replay any mission you want at any time or place to be great when I don't feel like reseting the whole game again to play through certain parts of the story(which I didn't mind).

They also praise games which don't exactly have the best qualifications for praise.

I will say it straight: I don't like BBS. The QuickTime events happen in a very short window, it requires multiple play through a to see the whole plot, and the plot itself bothers me. I hate BBS' s plot and character's. Kill me now, BBS fanboys. It. Had. A. Bad. Plot. Not as bad as other KH games plots (like the other side games, which I admit are not anywhere near as good as other plots), but it's plot was bad. Eccentially, this entire story modifies the plot of every other game thus far (and creating one of the hugest plot holes in KH2, in my opinion) and dose nothing but make things 1000x more complicated and dificult for the plot, and dose basically nothing new. At least the other two did something diffrent, with the customizable load outs and new battle ideas that were implemented (I mean, the Limit Break was pretty cool in 358/2 and keyblade skill chains was a really neat idea). The only unique things were the multiplayer and the dreaded command boardgame. The multiplayer lacked true PvP, and the boardgame was sort of lame, though unique, kinda. The Command system could be considered new and unique at that time, but navigation and creation of commands could be confusing unless you get use to how it's done (which is done in a weird way), and I feel was done far better in Re:Coded and DDD. Shotlocks, unless you found yourself stuck, never were needed to use them, we're useless, and basically feel more like bloat onto the game.

However every fault this game has is ignored for whatever reason, and it receives the upmost praise. I'm not saying it dosen't deserve any (it is a good game) but it makes mistakes that got overlooked, and the other games had their coolest aspects ignored and instead all the bad was pushed forward.

Back befor it was announced, the fans raged when anything not KH3 was put out. There are other fan bases who don't get sequels for a long time, or ever, and all we do is bicker. And once it was announced, we all loose our minds. We often times ask the same questions, expecting a diffrent result each time (like madmen), and we all just whine when we get no information on it for a few months.

Sometimes, we can be a very bad fanbase.

That comment was made by me...

Actually tbh I think the Sonic fanbase might be the worst fanbase for videogames other than the call of duty fanbase. I kinda use the term fanbase in a weird way because I just usually refer fanbase to those group of fans who complain all the time about every little thing and does not make sense.

I actually love the KH community, especially everyone here on KH13, but sometimes there's always that one fan who complains about everything like the Sonic fanbase. But generally the KH fanbase might be one of the best ones out there aside from a few Ninnys (No one on KH13 is in this group. You're all great. :) )

I'd say the Sonic fanbase is a lot worse, and the KH fanbase is a lot more stupid

I still stand by my sating that the Final Fantasy fanbase is worse than Sonic's though, because they act the exact same as Sonic fans, but don't have games like Sonic 06 to justify it

I don't know much about the sonic fanbase but I can definitely say that the KH fanbase isn't bad. I usually don't hear much complaining comparing to other fanbases like Final Fantasy for example. Sure there are always people who complain about everything but that happens everywhere.

My only problem with KH fans are those that like playing the series, but are not interested enough to play all of the games, so they bitch that the story doesn't make any sense when all they've played is KHI and II. 

Well I have played all of the games and I still think the story makes no sense haha. :D

That comment was made by me...Actually tbh I think the Sonic fanbase might be the worst fanbase for videogames other than the call of duty fanbase. I kinda use the term fanbase in a weird way because I just usually refer fanbase to those group of fans who complain all the time about every little thing and does not make sense.I actually love the KH community, especially everyone here on KH13, but sometimes there's always that one fan who complains about everything like the Sonic fanbase. But generally the KH fanbase might be one of the best ones out there aside from a few Ninnys (No one on KH13 is in this group. You're all great. :) )

Agreed. I don't think the KH fanbase is nowhere near as bad as the KH fanbase. Sure the KH fanbase has its flaws (like any other fanbase) but it's nothing like th Sonic fanbase.

That's fine, because a lot of it doesn't make any sense. But I can't stand it when people say the whole series is stupid and doesn't make any sense when they won't even play all of the games. It's fine not to want to shell out money for consoles for specific games, but don't tell me that the story is confusing when you've barely scratched the surface.

Totally agreed. Yeah, people don't want to shed money to play all the games, but there's Wikipedia, YouTube Lets Plays/Walkthroughs, plus the momento section of KH3D. Hell, there's an entire thirty minute video on YouTube explaining the entire KH series.

In my personal opinion, I don't think the Kingdom Hearts fanbase is that bad.  The only thing they've actually complained about is Re:Chain Of Memories battle system, and the hate for Xion, and I really hate the fact that people who play these games don't give the non-numbered games a chance.  They think that just because they aren't numbered Kingdom Hearts games, that it means that they don't mean anything.  If they paid attention, they'd realize that these non-numbered games provide backstory and delve deeper into the lore of the Kingdom Hearts series as a whole.  The non-numbered games are just as important as the numbered games if you ask me! (I don't call them spin-offs because they are not.)  But, when we see people complaining about how they don't understand the story, well, it's all on them because they didn't think the non-numbered games were worth it.  And even if they don't want to play them, they could at least be willing to see a Let's Play on Youtube! I'm not trying to be rude by the way, if I ticked anyone off, it wasn't my intention, I'm just merely pointing this little detail out.

I love all the Kingdom Hearts games, and I don't have anything to complain about them.  And even though the Kingdom Hearts fanbase can be a little too harsh sometimes, they are very passionate about this series because Nomura has lovingly crafted each of these games and built his legacy.  Okay, I'm done preaching, lol, you all basically get my point. xD

That's fine, because a lot of it doesn't make any sense. But I can't stand it when people say the whole series is stupid and doesn't make any sense when they won't even play all of the games. It's fine not to want to shell out money for consoles for specific games, but don't tell me that the story is confusing when you've barely scratched the surface. 

I feel this on a spiritual level.

Trust me man, we're not as bad. Technically...we are, but that's literally only if you also count the thousands of people who STUBBORNLY refuse to play, or even learn about the side games, and constantly complain about them. I DON'T count them as fans though. Not in the slightest.

So if you don't count them , we're nowhere close as bad.

Trust me man, we're not as bad. Technically...we are, but that's literally only if you also count the thousands of people who STUBBORNLY refuse to play, or even learn about the side games, and constantly complain about them. I DON'T count them as fans though. Not in the slightest.

So if you don't count them , we're nowhere close as bad.

I agree with you. The KH fanbase is nowhere near as bad as the Sonic fanbase. And like you said, the fanbase can be a bit horrible if they don't play all the other KH titles besides KH1 and KH2.

I don't personally think it's true.Why cause one,kingdom hearts games come out very slow unlike sonic games which only takes a year maybe two to make.Two I barely see any one complaining about any kingdom hearts game as they are perfect always,but unlike sonic games a lot of sonic gamers complain a lot,cause the games are either too rushed,unpolished,or even both.So to answer your question,the sonic fan base is worse.Dont get me wrong I love the sonic games to heart,It's just that the fans are what killing the sonic games. The Kingdom hearts fan base on the other hand is just perfect,cause the only thing we complain about is when KH3 is coming out,we don't complain about it often,unlike the sonic fans which they complain about everything that's in a sonic game.So to finish off,Sonic fan base is worse,Kingdom hearts"s fan base is not.

I wouldn't say that every KH game is perfect. I can find criticisms for each one of them (some more than others).

Rant.

I would say I partially agree, somewhat. A lot of people complain about any game that isn't KH3, or write off a game for whatever reason, one such case of that is Re:Coded. It's a good game, the plot is a tad bit lukewarm, but it's got a great combat and level up system, customization, and neat combat mechanic's. And for a small DS title, the plot isn't half bad. But because of the fact it could have been done in a few cutscenes, a lot of people begin to hate on it. Or 358/2 days. It was decent, suffered a identify crisis due to the fact they tried to make the DS control like a Dual shock 2, and combat was a tad underwhelming, as well as a lot of people disliking the plot since it introduced Xion, and another wrench in the plan, so to say. I however found some of its aspects (like the load out customization and keyblade upgrades system) very fun. And being able to replay any mission you want at any time or place to be great when I don't feel like reseting the whole game again to play through certain parts of the story(which I didn't mind). They also praise games which don't exactly have the best qualifications for praise. I will say it straight: I don't like BBS. The QuickTime events happen in a very short window, it requires multiple play through a to see the whole plot, and the plot itself bothers me. I hate BBS' s plot and character's. Kill me now, BBS fanboys. It. Had. A. Bad. Plot. Not as bad as other KH games plots (like the other side games, which I admit are not anywhere near as good as other plots), but it's plot was bad. Eccentially, this entire story modifies the plot of every other game thus far (and creating one of the hugest plot holes in KH2, in my opinion) and dose nothing but make things 1000x more complicated and dificult for the plot, and dose basically nothing new. At least the other two did something diffrent, with the customizable load outs and new battle ideas that were implemented (I mean, the Limit Break was pretty cool in 358/2 and keyblade skill chains was a really neat idea). The only unique things were the multiplayer and the dreaded command boardgame. The multiplayer lacked true PvP, and the boardgame was sort of lame, though unique, kinda. The Command system could be considered new and unique at that time, but navigation and creation of commands could be confusing unless you get use to how it's done (which is done in a weird way), and I feel was done far better in Re:Coded and DDD. Shotlocks, unless you found yourself stuck, never were needed to use them, we're useless, and basically feel more like bloat onto the game.However every fault this game has is ignored for whatever reason, and it receives the upmost praise. I'm not saying it dosen't deserve any (it is a good game) but it makes mistakes that got overlooked, and the other games had their coolest aspects ignored and instead all the bad was pushed forward. Back befor it was announced, the fans raged when anything not KH3 was put out. There are other fan bases who don't get sequels for a long time, or ever, and all we do is bicker. And once it was announced, we all loose our minds. We often times ask the same questions, expecting a diffrent result each time (like madmen), and we all just whine when we get no information on it for a few months.

Sometimes, we can be a very bad fanbase.

Finally, someone else who didn't like the command boards!Also, the way you view people's opinions on BBS is how I view KHII. It's a great game, but holy crap, people act like it's a crime punishable by death to criticize it in any way.

I wouldn't say that every KH game is perfect. I can find criticisms for each one of them (some more than others).Finally, someone else who didn't like the command boards!Also, the way you view people's opinions on BBS is how I view KHII. It's a great game, but holy crap, people act like it's a crime punishable by death to criticize it in any way.

I like KH2, but I also recognize it has its faults.

As a KH Fanboy, I can admit it is more annoying to be KH Fanboy than it is to be a Sonic Fanboy. The rest of the world doesn't understand how deep and epic KH is, so they tend to make fun of it, while Sonic is more of a simple, not sentimental game, so it is more praised.