Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The Transcendent Key

What Will Happen When It Comes To The Keyblade?

Hey there everyone, how's it going?  You know, as I've played the Kingdom Hearts games, I've realized that the characters have grown much with all the chaos going about, and something I have also noticed is the evolution of the Keyblade during the games.  We are introduced to the Keyblade in Kingdom Hearts as the weapon that can undo any lock and repel the darkness.  But over the course of the games, we've seen what the Keyblade's powers can do.  For instance, in Birth By Sleep they can be transformed into vehicles, and in Kingdom Hearts III, the Keyblades will be able to transform into different types of weapons, which now leads to a theory I'm brewing up in my mind.

Do you think that in the next saga Nomura will explore the potential of the Keyblades more deeply?  As we could see in the D23 footage of Kingdom Hearts III, Sora's Keyblade transformed into twin pistols, and it added quite the flair to combat.  So what I'm suggesting is, what if Keyblades have more than one form?  Think of it more or less like Drive Forms.  Maybe Keyblades will have the ability to attain different levels of power, and with that, the Keyblade changes form.  Each level of power brings its strengths and weaknesses and changes the tide of battle.  Just think of the possibilities this would yield!  Imagine if the Keyblade had four different forms?  And with all the Keychains that exist, that'd just make the forms so vast and varied!  I'm starting to think that maybe Nomura will delve into the powers and origins of the Keyblade, since no one knows for certain where they exactly come from.  It would be cool if we could bear witness to such a thing!

Of course, this is all just a theory, but it's a cool one nonetheless, at least in my opinion.  So what do you all think?  Do you think that in the next saga the Keyblades of our heroes will be able to have different properties that allow them to become more powerful?

(Lol, yeah, yeah, I've been watching a lot of Bleach, and since the Zanpactos can change their form and gain more power, I thought, hey, the Keyblade could be capable of doing that too!)

Ooh, and here comes the best part of my theory!  In order to be able to unlock more power for the Keyblade, each character's heart must have substantial strength!  So, in short, those with the strongest of hearts could end up having their Keyblade become substantially more powerful!  Okay, now I'm done.  X3

Actually, in KHx we can upgrade the keyblade to a level superior than the ones we wield in the main games.

I agree with your theory.

Hmm, interesting. :3

thats already happens with the keychains

the "different keyblades" are because the keychains change the wielders keyblade, they aren't really different

No, no, I already know what Keychains do, I meant the Keyblade in general could attain more powerful forms.  And I meant that each Keychain could obtain an upgraded form.  Like for example, the Ultima Weapon could have four different forms.  There'd be the normal one, then the next stage would increase defense, the third stage would increase attack, and then the final stage would increase all stats, or something like that.  That's what I meant. :3

No, no, I already know what Keychains do, I meant the Keyblade in general could attain more powerful forms.  And I meant that each Keychain could obtain an upgraded form.  Like for example, the Ultima Weapon could have four different forms.  There'd be the normal one, then the next stage would increase defense, the third stage would increase attack, and then the final stage would increase all stats, or something like that.  That's what I meant. :3

That's actually a lot like how Keyblades work in Re:Coded. They power up and use different abilities as you build up a combo meter in battle, and they gain new abilities you can choose to use as they Keyblades themselves level up. If that's what you meant, then oh god, yes, I would love for them to implement that again and take it even further.

That's actually a lot like how Keyblades work in Re:Coded. They power up and use different abilities as you build up a combo meter in battle, and they gain new abilities you can choose to use as they Keyblades themselves level up. If that's what you meant, then oh god, yes, I would love for them to implement that again and take it even further.

Ah yes, my theory is indeed similar to Re:Coded's Keyblade system!  You could say that's what I more or less mean. But I'd like for Nomura to take it further by changing the way Keyblades work in battle!  There could be entirely new possibilities! :3

i know what you meant, but I think that would be overkill, but if it happened i wouldnt complain, I just think they could do something different then that with the time it would take to do that

i know what you meant, but I think that would be overkill, but if it happened i wouldnt complain, I just think they could do something different then that with the time it would take to do that

It wouldn't necessarily be overkill if the enemy AI was stronger and smarter.  Then you'd have to outwit the Heartless and use the more powerful Keyblade forms! :3

They kinda did that in Re:Coded, Keyblades had four levels and each level got more stats. Now if it where something like in Fairy Fencer F where the weapon class of the Keyblades change i.e. keypistol, keyscythe, keyspear etc. That'd be cool For example you know how in BbS the Command Style you enter changes depending on the skills you use in battle? That seems to be how the Keyblade Transformations work, but it seems that each keychain only has one alternate form. Now If you used Ice magic a lot and they keyblade become one weapon, but another if you used thunder, that would be cool.

On a side note, I just started playing Tales of Hearts R and it does seem like Keyblades, Zanpakto and Soma all share some thematic similarities.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno