Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
hatok

Controversial Kingdom Hearts Opinions

I'm sure everyone has them.

I personally

have quite a few

but probably my biggest one is that I think Dream Drop Distance is the second worst KH game, second only to 358/2 Days (and thinking Days is the worst is definitely NOT a terribly controversial opinion in my experience :P)

I might as well spill my guts:

Xion is a glorified plot device.

Romance in Kingdom Hearts is non existent. Or at least the type of romance that crazy fangirls expect.

Riku is not related to Xehanort in any way.

Demyx and Larxene can burn. Burn I say.

The story isn't as convoluted as most people think; they just don't want to think about stuff.

F*ck Disney villains, Original villains all the way. At least they're interesting.

If Kairi doesn't start doing stuff in KHIII, she deserves to be called useless.

Spilling ended.

completely agree except i found that although xion was a plot device it kinda worked for them  

Shipping wars. 'Nuff said.

Peace!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeap.

I might as well spill my guts:

Xion is a glorified plot device.

Romance in Kingdom Hearts is non existent. Or at least the type of romance that crazy fangirls expect.

Riku is not related to Xehanort in any way.

Demyx and Larxene can burn. Burn I say.

The story isn't as convoluted as most people think; they just don't want to think about stuff.

F*ck Disney villains, Original villains all the way. At least they're interesting.

If Kairi doesn't start doing stuff in KHIII, she deserves to be called useless.

Spilling ended.

I agree with everything you said except the first one. But That's just MY opinion. :)Well, let me see..........I really like KH: ReCOM. I really didn't think the gameplay was that bad TBH.KH2 was WAY too easy of a game for me. Fun as hell yes, but not that much of a challenge.Riku should die in KH3. I don't hate him in any way, I just think he should give up his life for the sake of his friends.Xion is one of the most tragic characters in all the KH series. And she's not useless.Roxion. Although I know it prolly will never happen because SoKai = RomineRikamine. See above.I really do think you can pull some spiritual parallels out of the KH series. That's all for now.  

Released on way too many consoles to keep track of the entire series (thankfully they fixed this)

Final bosses are way too easy. Easier than most of the earlier bosses.

Sora doesn't say anything about his crush on Kairi. Kairi has pretty much figured it out and doesn't do anything herself.

Where the hell did all the FF characters go? (apart from the Moogles)

Yeeeeeeeeeeeap.

I agree with everything you said except the first one. But That's just MY opinion. :)Well, let me see..........I really like KH: ReCOM. I really didn't think the gameplay was that bad TBH.KH2 was WAY too easy of a game for me. Fun as hell yes, but not that much of a challenge.Riku should die in KH3. I don't hate him in any way, I just think he should give up his life for the sake of his friends.Xion is one of the most tragic characters in all the KH series. And she's not useless.Roxion. Although I know it prolly will never happen because SoKai = RomineRikamine. See above.I really do think you can pull some spiritual parallels out of the KH series. That's all for now.  

I thought of another two.KH:BBS so has obvious Star Wars influences.None of the unnumbered games are "fillers"

COM and Re:Coded are awesome.

KH1 is the worst game in the series.

I don't like Axel.

Riku is odd, I don't like him.

Time-travelling was one of the best things to have happened.

SoRiku, AkuRoku or any other pairing... They are just awful! D:

Luxord is sexy a'f! :D

I really don't care about the Disney worlds in KH.

shipping isn't as terrible as everyone seems to think (as long as it doesn't get to shipping wars). Shipping most certainly doesn't mean you can't respect what's canon in the game, you just happen to like the idea of two characters together.

It annoys me how people are suddenly complaining about the Tome of Prophecy being canon because 'not everybody can play chi'. It doesn't take many minutes of your life to go google it, plus they have already started explaining it in the main series.

It's okay that everybody's getting a keyblade, there's a keyblade war coming up.

Plus the two that col.random said:

Aqua's boobs are overrated.

and

Characters dying and coming back is stupid.

Romance between main characters is just unneeded

I really loved flow motion and I hope it comes back in any way

I hope vanitas gets a somewhat happy ending

Kh1 camera controls are shit, holy woah

Kh gets over glammered, just a wee bit

I like re:coms story but the gameplay wrecks me

Coded and DDD are easily my favorite handheld games

I love xion but she isn't that big of a plot device than kairi, kairi wins that cake

Aqua and namine are the best female characters, hands down

I hate sokai with a passion, the shippers burned that cake for me

And I think that's all

Edited by Ceriraye

In my opinion Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep sucks and is far worse than 358/2 days. I'm given very little reason to care for the characters and their fate unlike with Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days where you see the days trio genuinely interact with each other instead of just the "small chitchat and gone the next second" thing BBS had going a lot. Then theres the repetitiveness of going through worlds 3 times with very little new areas to explore with most being reused. All you could really do was collect chests, forced to fight Unversed, maybe find an Unversed with ice cream ingredients, then fight the world boss, and on a small occasion find an Unversed challenge. It may not seem bad but imagine doing it 3 times and also knowing how unsatisfyingly short each world visit with each character was. ;)

I should mention people ripped on Days for being repetitive but at least it provided a variety of missions with some being optional (completing an Organization member's request is require to unlock some). There were missions like collect hearts, collect organization emblems, just defeat [insert name here] enemy/enemies, Examine/gather info, Survive the time limit, break jars, and many more. You also had your chest collecting, finding 1 to 3 special emblems to unlock challenges for single and multiplayer, and on occasion finding heartless vendors to get materials. And this was all for 1 character if you didn't bother with mission mode which was optional unlike the REQUIRED 3 story completion crap to unlock the final story content in BBS.

Now then another thing that sucked about BBS was the broken gameplay. Your forced into Command Styles WAY too often without an option. Sometimes could get you killed like Sky Climber and Aqua's Ghost Drive in some unfortunate situations and in some instances kill everything around you too easily like Rhythm Mixer. They would also annoyingly cancel out stuff like Mines and Magnega which btw made killing everything too easy. The dodging for everyone (but Terra) has way too many frames to protect you. Renewal Block/Barrier heals you more than it should making it broken honestly. Shotlocks are a cheap way kill anything with its infinite frames always protecting you when in use. Well... I may be forgetting something but those are my reasons for why Birth By Sleep sucks. Also worth mentioning in my opinion Dream Drop Distance fixed most of BBS's problems. Some examples would be Command Styles being optional, less infinite frames, most overpowered stuff reduced to just Balloonga, Dream Eaters who cast Spirit Roar, and Flowmotion to a small degree. Repetitiveness isn't much of a problem this time with most of the areas visited by each character are entirely different from each other. As for the story it just seems like a bunch of fanservice for those who've kept up with all the games. I see no fault with that to make it the worst. Is time travel really that bad to some? xD

Edited by Mirr0rVS13

Xion is just awful in every way 

The voice acting in this series is among the worst in gaming

They need to start letting people die and then stop bringing them back

MY SHIPS WILL LIVE ON

Posted Image

Sanity is overrated anyway. xD

As for me...*Deep breath*

I don't like Kairi. At all. If KH3 can give me a better reason to like making her useful, I MAY change me tone.

I'm perfectly fine with the Shipping. In fact, I ship SoRiku, among other Yaoi ones. (Don't even, KH13.) Why do I do that? Because why the hell not? It's just a random thing. Shipping Wars though, they suck.

Dream Drop Distance, Re: Coded and 358/2 Days are to me, very good games. Days combat system is archaic yes but the Story is damn good. DDD? Combat and Story are superb. Time Travel was a bit unnecessary and raises questions on how KH3 will be handed but I can live with it. Re: Coded? Not as unneeded as others say. The Cutscene movie looks good and the game plays well for a DS Game. Better than Days I'll say that.

All these Keyblade Wielders? Good. Besides, there used to be a WHOLE lot more in the long distant past of the KH Lore. Side note: I like Lea as a Keyblade Wielder.

I may love characters like Riku, Roxas, Axel etc. But, I also like Xion. She has a terrible voice actress but, an interesting and sad character.

Ultima Weapon looks ridiculous in KH2 to me. It's too much. KH1 and DDD seemed to get it right. And it isn't even the strongest weapon in BBSFM.

I'm okay with KH3 being Multi-Platform.

Finally: I am perfectly fine with Character Revival. Enough said.

Whew....okay, I'm done. *Puts hood up and walks away*

Edited by SuperiorKunivas

English Voice acting from BbS on is awful.

Dream Eaters can be burnt by Firaga Sensei.

Used to think that DDD was the worst game, but after fighting the final bosses in Proud mode I changed my opinion. Still not among my favorite games, tho.

Screw Disney, gimme "TRUEEEE DAAAAAARKNESSSSSSSSSS" 

SoRoku S2

BbS and Re: CoM have the best stories.

Org XIII members in Re:CoM looked much more badass than in KHII.

DDD is the worst game; bad gameplay gimmicks and shark-jumping retcons.

The only good thing about it is Riku's character-development.

Edited by Alan Smithee

Sora and Riku act really, really couple-ish in KH II

COM and Re:Coded are awesome.

KH1 is the worst game in the series.

I don't like Axel.

Riku is odd, I don't like him.

Time-travelling was one of the best things to have happened.

SoRiku, AkuRoku or any other pairing... They are just awful! D:

Luxord is sexy a'f! :D

FINALLY, someone agrees with me. First classic game or not, the series didn't hit its stride until KH II