Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Firaga

Roleplay Akame ga Kill! Fresh Blood [CANCELLED]

-- Night Raid Hideout --

A group of individuals sat outside in the brisk cold of the evening wind. Tonight, these seemingly harmless children and young adults were going to be officially inducted into a group called Night Raid, an assassination squad part of the Revolutionary Army. Everyone of these people were also told that they were going that certain "preparations" needed to be made in order for them to officially join. What these preparations were, nobody knew; the group was just told to wait outside Night Raid's hideout and wait for instructions. All of them had been waiting for at least ten minutes now...

One of these individuals, a young and well built man with tan skin, blue hair, and strangly, an old branding iron strapped to his back with a rope, was actually fine with the wait. He was very interested in joining Night Raid, of course, but just not impatient to join. He preferred to take things slowly anyway.

The boy, named Seelo, standing with his hands in his pockets and chewing on the straw in his mouth, looked around the area, eyeing the others that were with him. He wasn't much of a conversationalist, so he really did not have it in himself to start talking to them. Considering their strange wear and looks, Seelo could tell they probably never lived on a farm either, like he did.

Man... buncha of colorful characters that I'm hangin' 'round... I wonder what they're like... Seelo thought to himself, his country boy tone deep set in the words he spoke in his head. If anythang, they're probably pretty good at fightin', like I am, 'r else they wouldn't be here lookin' to be a killer for these Night Raid folks...

Edited by Firaga Sensei

The day had finally come. Kotetsu had spent years training daily with the Revolution Army, and finally, he was about to accomplish his goal: He was joining Night Raid. He could finally take revenge on the capital for everything it did to him. Kotetsu barely managed to hide his anticipation and keep a calm look, despite his feelings. I'm almost there... I don't care what these preparations are, I'll do whatever it takes. I'll drive every single one of those capital freaks into the ground for what they did to her...

As anxious as he was to get moving, Kotetsu began to grow impatient. He began to look around at the other new recruits, and tried to study each one. I wonder what it is that motivated all of them to fight, too?

Elektra played with her feet slightly as she waited with the other members for the Night Raid or whoever was in charge of this, her battle axe strapped on her back. It had been only a few months since she joined the Revolutionary Army when she was going to be part for something called the Night Raid, an assassination part of the army apparently. Ever since she joined the members had been rather nice, but extremely patient overall. Being locked up inside a room for ten years only allowed Elektra to see and do so much, therefor every time she saw something she didn't recognize she'd ask the first person around to tell her what it was. Sometimes she'd know the word of the item but not what it looked like, other times she'd just not know it at all. Even as she's read over 100 books in over the last ten years, they didn't exactly had pictures to go along with them. Her new freedom also brought some bad habits, she will tend to wander off if not watched over. But over all she is... a blunt yet delicate fourteen year old. "(How long are these people going to take?)"Elektra thought. She wouldn't exactly complain out loud, she didn't want to appear weak. Taking a look around what it would appear to be her new to be comrades she saw something she didn't recognize. It was a branding iron, belonging to one of the members (Seelo). She'd never seen anything like it before. To her it was strange, it was new, and she was going to ask about it, much like everything else. She walked over to the young man (Seelo) and suddenly pointed at the branding iron that he carried. "What is that?"Elektra asked with a curious tone.

Lucifer stood away from the others, nervously rubbing the pickaxe tied to his belt. He grew quite the anonymous reputation during his time as a freelance vigilante. The Prodigal Explorer. Rushiferu. Indra's miner. The Dark Angel. None of that prestige mattered now, yet he couldn't help but feel slightly proud.

Just watch mom, I'll make you proud. And I'll make them pay.

Strolling toward what seemed to be a country boy, he raised his hand, smiling.

"Helloooo, moshi moshi~! The name's Lucifer."

"Hmm...?" Seelo broke from his thoughts when one of the strangers in his group, a young girl, approached him and asked about his branding iron. Apparently, she didn't know what it even was. The blue haired farm boy couldn't help but give her a strange look for a moment, pondering how anybody didn't know what a branding iron was. Next thang that one of these folks'll tell me is that they never seen mud or hey...

Seelo ceased his somewhat judgmental thoughts and decided to answer the girl's question. After all, she looked really little, so she probably didn't know all that much to begin with.

"Well, 'lil lady, this is called a brandin' iron," he said, pulling the iron off his back and holding up so the girl could see it clearly. "I used to brand Danger Beasts with these. It might not look like much, but I tell ya, its a lot more handy then it looks. Plus, I treat it like kin," Seelo said, not too proud to brag about his trusty iron.

Seelo then turned his attention to another stranger, a boy around his age with blonde hair, coming his way. He seemed really friendly based on his demeanor, but also kind of weird. Then again, Seelo wasn't used to types that weren't his own; he barely even held a conversation with anybody after the incident with his farm...

"Howdy there," Seelo greeted the boy back, a pleasant smile on his face.

Kotetsu sighed. I guess talking to these people might help to pass the time. He thought to himself, then approached the other three who were already talking. "Hey. Name's Kotetsu." He waved casually. "I'll let you all know now that I'm not going to hold back at all. I'll fight as hard as I can, and I expect all of you to do the same." He smirked. "So... Anyone else here have much experience with combat?" He asked, trying to get a good topic going. With such a diverse range of people here, he wasn't exactly sure what they could all talk about. The fact that all he'd known for the past few years was killing didn't help much, either.

Elektra looked down at the branding iron with a curious stare, analyzing it and remembering where she had heard such name before. Out of the many books she remembered one where it said that the farmer had branded the cow with his initials with the branding iron. Now she knew how it looked like. One more point for her. "Danger Beasts? You can brand Danger Beasts? How many Danger Beasts have you seen? Do you have one right now?"Elektra asked, one question after another. She'd only seen one before, when she was taken out on a mission outside the capital in order to see one in person. But that was just one, and according to her books, there were many. She stopped and turned to see Kotestu, who introduced himself and asked about any experiences with fighting. "I once fought off one of the members of the Revolutionary Army after he was done killing my parents. He asked me to join though."Elektra explained rather bluntly. She had not interacted with people on over ten years, having her be a little bit different when it came to socializing. "Once I beat up a kid with a rock, and he started to cry. I don't know why though. Oh! And once I saw a cat in my backyard so I peed all over it!"Elektra said, remembering the few months she was allowed to play outside before she was locked up. Not knowing what was appropiate to share, and what was not.

Kotetsu was quiet for a few seconds. ... This is a weirder group than I thought it would be. "I'm not sure if peeing counts as a combat skill, but I guess we can go with it for now." He shrugged. "So... You fought a Revolution Army member, and ended up joining? I guess that makes two of us that were members, then." He grinned. "Although, uh... Sorry about your parents." He said. If they targeted her parents, her parents must have been doing something suspicious... She doesn't seem like she'd be a traitor, though. He continued to think to himself, trying to piece together what he knew about his new teammates.

Lucifer shrugged. "I'm good at dirty fighting, I guess. I do assassinations sometimes." His face bore nonchalant apathy, obviously indifferent to killing. "I really wish I had a gun though."He smiled at the girl's awkwardness. "You and I will be getting along well." Lucifer then turned boredly to Kotetsu. "Ever hear of The Prodigal Explorer? Killer of Nobles? You're looking at him." He gave his pickaxe a flourish for show. 

"Wait... That's you?" Kotetsu looked at Lucifer, surprised. "Heh, never thought I'd meet you like this. I wish I could say I had as much experience as you do, but I've never been assigned to assassinations. I'm usually kept to fighting Danger Beasts, with the occasional proper battle against imperial soldiers." He explained his typical assignments. "I look forward to seeing you on the job, though."

Elektra smiled. "There's no need to be sorry about my parents. I have come to detest my parents after my seventh birthday. I would've killed them myself had not the member killed them first. Same applies for my siblings and the staff. They were all rather mean anyways."Elektra said rather cheerfully, despite the grim statement. Turning to the boy with the pickaxe, she thought about his name. "You're named after the fallen angel? That's pretty impressive. I wish my name had a cool meaning and back story such as yours. Even if its the name in general...If you were a killer of nobles you should've killed my parents faster. It was a boring wait to see their heads bashed in...I realized I haven't introduced myself. How rude of me. My name is Elektra Basilia."Elektra said as her eyes suddenly landed on his pickaxe, her eyes seemingly locked on it before becoming silent for about a minute. She then walked over to Lucifer and touched the pickaxe, feeling it's shape and material. "What's this?"Elektra asked, once again confused, as she had never seen one in person before. "What does it do? Is this a type of weapon? Why does it have two sides? Did you steal it? Did you make it? Is this like the branding iron?"Elektra asked as she looked over at the pickaxe, exploring the sharp edges of the sides curiously.

Edited by Stardustblade358

"Whoa now, little lady, that's a bit too much talkin' at once for me to process," Seelo chuckled, amused by the girl's curiosity. "I tell ya this right here though: many a Beast have felt the imprint of this here iron," Seelo said, raising up the iron in the air and starting at the top part for a while before strapping it on his back again.

Seelo then took in what the blonde haired boy, and the other one that joined them in Kotetsu, had to say. He was surprised to hear how Kotetsu and the girl, Elektra, got asked to join Night Raid, and more over the details about their backgrounds. Both almost made Seelo swallow his straw. He may have had to fend for himself on the streets, but he never really came into contact with anything that gruesome, nor did he really spend too much fending for himself at all. In real time, it was about two months, but it felt more like a week to Seelo's memory. The mention of the blonde haired boy being the infamous Prodigal Explorer also threw him for a loop.

Can't begin to think I'd ever believe I'd be workin' with guys and gals like these... they ain't no push overs, that's for sure. Seelo thought, crossing his arms in front of him. Still, I'm ain't nobody to shake a stick at neither. After all, I don't think Kotetsu or Mr. Explorer-shoot, lil Elektra sure don't know, heh-too much know-how 'bout Danger Beasts, Seelo thought, referencing his experience with killing, taming, and of course, marking the exotic creatures back on his farm.

Verona was standing in the outer permiter of the Night Raid hideout. She had wrapped around her a dark silk cloak, which possesed a hood inwhich she buried her head under.  She felt the need to hide away from the others. She was comfortable going unnoticed as she watched the others congregate together chatting amongst themselves.  What do I owe these people? Nothing. I'm better off just sticking to myself, afterall we're not here to socialize. Besides I've been fine on my own for the past 5 years. Being wanted was never the sort of status to have to make friends. Verona looked around for the person that invited her to the meeting. No sign of him yet. She seemed to question why she was even there. She recalled the memory of the man that saved her Why did he save me anyway, I was perfectly capable, three against one is my strong suit... I owe him nothng. Yet I still came, I guess I have nowhere else to run to, they raided my cabin and took everything I had, what do I have to lose?

A movement is made slightly behind Verona's foot, reflexivly and simultanously Verona whisks out her blade and makes a quick slash towards the ground as a SQUISH sound is made, in this same breath she has now jumped 3 feet back and is facing the direction her back was toward. Now in her line of sight she sees a mouse seperated into two parts with a puddle of blood laying beneath it, right near where her foot was placed. She turns around now facing the group of people agian. Shit! I should probably just head toward them now, might as well.

Verona approached the group and decided to say something before anyone could react."Alright, I'm just here because I owe someone a favor, I'm not looking to be friends with any of you. Let's just get that straight." 

Edited by TheFinalKeybladeMaster

Lucicfer stared at Verona boredly. Placing his hands on his hips, he smirked. "You're too annoying, you know that?" Turning towards Elektra, he let her hold his pickaxe. "My father used this to mine silver. Just hit it, and sell it. Two sides, since it can be dented. It's just a commoner's tool, which makes it even more iconic." The part of him killing her parents earlier raised a look of curiousity on his eyes. "I.... didn't get a request on them. But I would've gotten to them eventually." He grew tired of talking, and stiffled a yawn with his hand. "Lucifer.... Maybe I'll tell you why I chose that name someday."Whether they would get the implied meaning was up to them. For now, Lucifer just wanted to explore a cave. Pulling out a bronze compass, he glanced at it wistfully.

Edited by Soul Eater Evans

Verona looked at Lucifer with contempt."I'm what now?" Verona said fiercly as she took off her hood. Verona's hair seemed to glisten in the moonlight as it unraveled and waved in the wind. You could really see her face shine once she revealed herself, and her brunette hair complemented the soft innocent features of her face nicely. Her physical appearance really didn't match at all with her personality.

Verona realized this wasn't the time for a fight however. You know what screw this guy, if things come to that later than so be it.

"Eh, whatever, honestly you people aren't even worth my time, and this girl here is pitiful" Verona seemed to be over Lucifer's whole  I-am-a-badass vibe and started then examing the other girl. Verona seemed unamused. "Honestly, what's she even doing here? It's as if someone's brought their little sister to tag along for some sick twisted joyride." Verona said abrasively.

Elektra smiled at the pickaxe, amazed by the small piece of seemingly simple work piece. "Mines? As in gold and diamonds and copper and jewels like in the stories and adventures?"Elektra asked with an excited gleam in her eyes. She'd never been to a mine or cave before. Her books always described them as dark and damp. She didn't knew if she would like visiting one. Her eyes suddenly snapped at the new girl (Verona), who had questioned her reason to be here, comparing her to a little sister. It wasn't far from the truth, she could easily be the youngest one out of the entire group, truly a little sister. But there was a reason she joined this. She wanted to experience life outside four walls and a locked door, and the most beautiful way to experience life, was through death, and the act of taking away such life. Holding the pickaxe she waved it at Verona while pointing at her. "Call me pitiful, I won't disagree that I'm a very pitiful sight to behold. I have limited visual knowledge of the world around me, but for being fourteen, and being locked in a four walled room for ten miserable years doesn't give one much experience, nor chances to experience much if anything at all, especially when the only human contact made in such ten years is made from underneath the door!"Elektra yelled, becoming upset over the comment as she waved the pickaxe not so carefully around like a toy. She was stronger than she looked, that's for sure. "Besides if such fourteen year old can handle herself against a member of this Revolutionary Army with an antique battle axe, I think she deserves to be part of something greater, rather than being a freak locked in a gilded cage."Elektra hissed, muttering the last words under her breath before offering Lucifer back his pickaxe, swinging it carelessly close to his face.

Verona pays notice to the girl(Elektra) who she had just insulted. Verona then releases her firm grip away from the blade she had hidden underneath her cloak as Elektra hands the pickaxe back to Lucifer.I may have underestimated this girl, her intent to attack me was not half-hearted. She showed no sign of wanting to back down if it came down to it. However she's quite a loose cannon, though she's still young. I just hope she knows what shes doing. "Alright, you've made it clear you've got some guts. But you might want to control yourself better, once you give into your emotions you're dead."  Verona says with a hint of respect.

Verona takes note of Elektra's story, thinking of all the times she's had to be alone without anyone to talk to. The ordeal she went through might be worse than anything I could imagine. If anything I do pity her.  Despite how annoying, clumbsy, and quick tempered she may seem. Verona thought to herself.

Harmony was running to the hideout like a bat outta Hell with her father's longsword in tow. She completely lost track of time while she was being preoccupied with her training. She finally reached Night Raid's hideout where a group of new candidates were waiting outside for further orders. Oh good! I'm not too late! Harmony thought. She continued to run and came to a stop as she approached the group. I wonder what i should say to them? She thought to herself.

"Hi guys! Sorry for running late! A black cat crossed my path, so I had to take the long way." Harmony stated as she plays with her white hair. "Did I miss anything so far?"

Kotetsu looked at Verona as she attacked a mouse and spoke with the others. "What's got you on edge?" He asked curiously. "Afraid of mice?" He teased. Another girl ran up to the group, apparently late to the meeting. "All you missed was us waiting for whoever it is that's meeting us here. We've been here for at least ten minutes." He sighed. He reached into his pocket to find a snack. He began eating, growing more and more impatient while he waited.

Verona quickly responded to Kotetsu's quip "Heh, it just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time." Verona said deciding to humor Kotetsu. She then paused for a moment. "That wouldn't be the first time that's happened to something in this world." Verona said as she shot Kotetsu with a blank look. She then glanced at him again and she realized he too bore the look of someone who has no one to go home to. No one to call when they're in need. Verona felt like she could relate to him in someway, but still kept her distanceAll these people seem so damanged, what gives? How'd I end up mixed in with them...

Verona decided to reserve herself, waiting for some sort of instruction. She had no plans on participating in much small talk anymore. Her reasoning for deciding to be there may have been unclear, but she knew she wasn't about to waste anymore breath on these trivial conversations.Verona looked up as the new girl approached. Oh jeeze, another oblivious girl coming to crash the party. She blurred out what this girl had said and started to realize her growing disintreast for the company around her.

As Verona started to get bored she grabbed the hilt of her katana and instantaneous drew out her blade. With her arm up high she rocked her closed fist gripping the hilt of her sword back and forth  as she exaimined her blade for marks from the incident that happened earlier.

Considering Seelo's initial thoughts about the four people were already reaching to be quite peculiar, the other two that made themselves known, the scary girl with the sword and the weird girl who was late because of a cat, added on to that thought.

However, pertaining to the girl, he couldn't help but be impressed with her usage of her blade. Whoo-whee. Gal didn't even flinch all that much. She nailed that critter mighty fast. Seelo said, a curious smile etching onto his face. I better keep my eye on her though. She's kinda feisty, he concluded, observing his interactions with both Elektra and Kotetsu afterwards. I might hafta to keep an eye on them two, too. Seelo added, referencing Elektra, now that she's shown that's she more than just your average little girl, and the cat girl as well because... well, just based on her first impression alone. Seelo was not really doubting any abnormalncy at this point. Even Kotetsu and Mr. Explorer were not enough to balance anything out.

I guess me and theys are the normal ones... Seelo concluded, raising his eyebrow and switching back and forth to Kotetsu and Explorer.

Kotetsu began to wonder about what the girl had said. He noticed her look over at him again, and grew curious about what she was thinking about. I wonder what's got her acting like this? He thought to himself, then continued eating. Eh, whatever. It doesn't matter, it's not my business to pry into peoples' personal lives.

Edited by Shulk

Elektra puffed her cheeks as she crossed her arms, looking over at the new girl that had just come by. "We've been waiting on these people forever and they've yet to show themselves up!"Elektra complained. "Oh! I'm Elektra Basilia! Nice to meet you!"She added before glaring at the entrance. "(When exactly are we going to be introduced? We can't wait all night.)"Elektra thought with a light scowl. "I'll be sure to not give into my emotions. I haven't had any one care for my well being in over ten years, so I don't have anyone to worry for so far. Therefor I believe my emotions should be in check for the time being."Elektra said to Verona before turning away and over to Lucifer. "If I manage to become a really good assassin after a while, will you tell me the reason behind your name? We can make it a bet!"Elektra said cheerfully with a small twirl and sticking out her pinky finger, as in offering a pinky promise. "Or I could tell you a really cool secret of mine in exchange and make it even."Elektra offered as her eyes seemed to gleam with an idea. "We should all have one of those campfire sessions like in the therapy books! We can tell scary stories and get to know each other better and share secrets..."Elektra spoke as she went off to distract herself by mentioning everything she remembered from that chapter, being a rather cheerful girl for a soon-to-be-assassin.

Lucifer took Elektra's pinky, ignoring Verona. "It's a bet," he smiled. "Make me proud." The new girl arriving did nothing to sooth his boredom, so he decided to just sit down. "Nah, nothing's happening. Night Raid hasn't even appeared yet."

Seelo

Huh. It's gettin' kinda late. I ain't gettin' impatient or nuthin', but ya think that one of those Night Raid fellers would already be here by now. Seelo thought to himself, once again merely surveying the crowd as he continued waiting along with them. However, after turning his eyes towards the headquarters building, he noticed that a figure was coming out of the distance and coming towards them.

"Somebody's comin'," Seelo pointed out, the second time he spoke that night, as the figure approached them, waving and smiling.

Leone

"Helloooo, newbies!" The figure said; the person before them was a young woman with golden eyes, short blonde hair, and wearing a revealing outfit. "Welcome to your first night as members of Night Raid! My name's Leone!" She said, extremely light hearted and cheerful towards the group, something you would probably never expect to come from a member of an assassination guild; Seelo especially thought this.

"Now, before I take ya inside to meet the others, how about telling me your names?"

Didn't expect such a pretty lookin' lady to welcome us here, Seelo thought, though he was not quite ready to start speaking freely yet, so he stayed quiet and waited for the others to speak up first.