Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

1He said Lord Xemnas so I'm sure he's now Xigbar...doesn't make a difference though

and 2This  (along with the Tome of Prophecy cutscenes) are the only two secret cutscenes that made me question the direction Nomura is taking the series to

Just curious. But what is it that you don't like about the direction Nomura is taking with KH?

Just curious. But what is it that you don't like about the direction Nomura is taking with KH?

I think I don't need to mention the decision of making the freakin browser game canon with the whole Tome of Prophecy(which sounds like it came from a Harry Potter movie) thing.And Maleficent's whole conversation about time with Pete makes me afraid that they might use Time Travel again

I think I don't need to mention the decision of making the freakin browser game canon with the whole Tome of Prophecy(which sounds like it came from a Harry Potter movie) thing.And Maleficent's whole conversation about time with Pete makes me afraid that they might use Time Travel again

Oh, I see. Well I'll have to agree with you on the browser game. I really think it shouldn't have been semi canon to the main games. because now that means that SE would have to localize the game so fans can follow the story and what's going on so far. ANd as for that Tome of Phrophecy? Lol yeah it kinda does sound like something off of Harry Potter now that i think about it. I really wish that time travel was not put into KH because it just makes the plot look a bit cliche imo.

I don't know why it is, but I swear Xigbar/Braig's actor has completely changed the way he plays the role. He doesn't sound like a surfer dude so much as a cocky prick. Like, in KHII, he added kind of a whisper-y element to his voice, but now he just plays it straight. 

Edited by Kaweebo

From what I was seeing. I think the scene where Maleficent and Pete were taking about the Tome of Prophecy and time was supposed to take place before Dream Drop Distance. I mean it makes sense of why Maleficent was in Disney Castle in the first place in Dream Drop Distance.

I don't know why it is, but I swear Xigbar/Braig's actor has completely changed the way he plays the role. He doesn't sound like a surfer dude so much as a cocky prick. Like, in KHII, he added kind of a whisper-y element to his voice, but now he just plays it straight. 

Well, maybe it's intentional? Nomura did say that when a fragment of Xehanort's heart is implanted into someone, its slowly takes them over changing not only their physical appearance, but their personality making them closer and closer to Xehanort's until there's nothing left of the original person at all.

Must not spoil myself. Must wait until I beat KH II FM...

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Well, maybe it's intentional? Nomura did say that when a fragment of Xehanort's heart is implanted into someone, its slowly takes them over changing not only their physical appearance, but their personality making them closer and closer to Xehanort's until there's nothing left of the original person at all.

Must not spoil myself. Must wait until I beat KH II FM...

If that were the case, his voice would sound the same in KHII as it does in DDD, 1.5 and now 2.5. As is, it's most likely either a change in voice direction, or the VA simply started playing his voice differently and nobody really noticed the relatively small change. It's not a big deal, but I'll always notice it. 

I did have a theory like that, though, regarding Ansem's voice to try to come up with an in-universe reason for why it changes so drastically between KHI and Re:CoM. Basically, Ansem has been connecting with Riku's heart ever since he first appeared on Destiny Islands and when he finally absorbed Riku's heart with his own, he's slowly been changing himself into the idealized Ansem we see by the end of the first game. It took him a while to actually form the body, though, so it's possible that his voice would take a while to fully deepen as it's seen in CoM, as well. (That, or he just wanted to fool Maleficent long enough to test out the Keyblade of Heart on her, idk) I think way too much about this stuff.

Edited by Kaweebo

If that were the case, his voice would sound the same in KHII as it does in DDD, 1.5 and now 2.5. As is, it's most likely either a change in voice direction, or the VA simply started playing his voice differently and nobody really noticed the relatively small change. It's not a big deal, but I'll always notice it. 

I did have a theory like that, though, regarding Ansem's voice to try to come up with an in-universe reason for why it changes so drastically between KHI and Re:CoM. Basically, Ansem has been connecting with Riku's heart ever since he first appeared on Destiny Islands and when he finally absorbed Riku's heart with his own, he's slowly been changing himself into the idealized Ansem we see by the end of the first game. It took him a while to actually form the body, though, so it's possible that his voice would take a while to fully deepen as it's seen in CoM, as well. (That, or he just wanted to fool Maleficent long enough to test out the Keyblade of Heart on her, idk) 

This would also explain why Ansem's voice sounds kind of different in DDD, at least to my ears. It's still Richard Epcar, but his voice sounds lighter, I dunno. That'd make sense if he was time-traveling from during KHI's timeline. I think way too much about this stuff.

That depends, Re:Coded takes place after KH II and 3D takes place after Re:Coded, true not much longer but maybe a month or two. It took 11 years for him to become half Xehanort though...

That depends, Re:Coded takes place after KH II and 3D takes place after Re:Coded, true not much longer but maybe a month or two. It took 11 years for him to become half Xehanort though...

The flashbacks of KHIIFM and the cutscenes involving Xigbar in 1.5's 358 movie take place before, though. Particularly 2.5's flashbacks.

Edited by Kaweebo