Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Tai Yasue reveals Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 & 2.5 ReMIX could come to PlayStation 4 & Xbox One

Tai Yasue, the co-director of the Kingdom Hearts series has revealed in an interview with IGN that the Kingdom Hearts HD collections, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX could be ported to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in the future. Yasue mentions he understands what the fans want and that it is something they will explore but they also don't want to delay Kingdom Hearts III's development. You can read what Yasue said in full below. IGN has announced they will have more with Yasue later in the week.

"When we first came up with the idea for Kingdom Hearts III, it was always 1.5, then 2.5 and we were always thinking about those three titles at the same time," he explains. "I think [putting the games on PS4] is something we’ll explore. We understand what our players want, so we will explore the possibility. I’m not making any announcements though, we can’t make any announcements yet!"

But while Sony gamers would likely appreciate the refresher, with Kingdom Hearts III heading to Xbox One as well as PS4, arguably it's Xbox owners that need the earlier installments of the game more than anyone else. When asked about whether an Xbox One edition of 1.5 and 2.5 could ever see the light of day, Yasue was hesitant. While the initial reasoning behind this was thought to be the initial exclusivity deal with Sony, it seems resources play just as much of a part.

"It’s a big old question," he says. "There’s a lot of things we need to think of when we consider consoles. One of them is what our players want, so we will definitely consider that. But there’s also schedule constraints, as we really don’t want the development of Kingdom Hearts III going later, so we have that to think about. We’ll consider all these things and come to a decision."

Click here to view the article

It's really nice to get confirmation that a PS4 and Xbox One port are being considered. I've bought both 1.5 and 2.5 for PS3 but I'd much prefer to be playing them on my current gen console.  

If even considering giving XBox users the HD ReMIXes is such a tough choice to make, then why even put Kingdom Hearts III on the XBox One in the first place!!?? xP

Seriously, it's not that hard of a concept, if you have any time to port it to PS4, do the same to XBOne. It would take some work, but it wouldn't delay KH3 that much.

Anyway, as long as they do something for DDD before they do anything with the existing ReMIXes, I'll be fine with whatever we're given. And yeah, it really makes sense for these sorts of things to be what they do before releasing III. Whether you believe in the one game a year rule or not, they have to keep us busy some how. :P

It'd be good if Xbone owners can play it, but hopefully not at the expense of KHIII development.

(I feel like most of their resources would go into remapping the reaction command button, which was so ingrained to PS3's Triangle.)

This also means the inevitable DDD HD ReMIX will also be there. I would like it if they put it on the Wii U as well though, considering 3DS gameplay can easily turn into Wii U gameplay with little work. We not only have DDD and KH3 as the secret credits for 2.5, but Nomura expressed the want to remaster DDD. So, even with the short time in between, it'll come.

How about Wii U too?Otherwise what's the point of hooking Nintendo players into the series with the DS3DS games just to jib them of all other entries

well the Wii U isn't getting KH3, so what's the point?

If even considering giving XBox users the HD ReMIXes is such a tough choice to make, then why even put Kingdom Hearts III on the XBox One in the first place!!?? xP

Seriously, it's not that hard of a concept, if you have any time to port it to PS4, do the same to XBOne. It would take some work, but it wouldn't delay KH3 that much.

Anyway, as long as they do something for DDD before they do anything with the existing ReMIXes, I'll be fine with whatever we're given. And yeah, it really makes sense for these sorts of things to be what they do before releasing III. Whether you believe in the one game a year rule or not, they have to keep us busy some how. :P

They have a PC build of the remixes already made (because they needed it to compile to PS3)

So porting to the x86 consoles should be relatively easy. Just need to replace the 720p videos with 1080p ones and make the game 60fps

Also PS4/One/(*PC?) multiplatform release is only fair for KH3 (*waiting on the announcement if KH3 will even come to PC)

Sounds like they kinda want to do it but don't want to delay the development of KH3 further by doing anything they haven't already decided. also :lol at being hesitant at the Xbox mention. dat Sony bias

How about Wii U too?Otherwise what's the point of hooking Nintendo players into the series with the DS3DS games just to jib them of all other entries

"because only babies play Wii u and squares too good for nintendo lol"I'm fine with the PS3 versions, but honestly, Nintendo fans should be able to play the other games, too. It can't be THAT tough to port the collections to the Wii U, and the Gamepad can easily work as a controller for these games. They could remake DDD while they're at it, too.

This also means the inevitable DDD HD ReMIX will also be there. I would like it if they put it on the Wii U as well though, considering 3DS gameplay can easily turn into Wii U gameplay with little work. We not only have DDD and KH3 as the secret credits for 2.5, but Nomura expressed the want to remaster DDD. So, even with the short time in between, it'll come.

THIS THIS THIS ^_^