Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

No Disney property is off-limits for Kingdom Hearts III-- Yasue says Marvel and Star Wars are being considered

Tai Yasue, co-director of the Kingdom Hearts series has revealed in an interview with Kotaku that no Disney properties are off-limits for Kingdom Hearts III and has revealed Marvel and Star Wars are being considered for Kingdom Hearts III. You can read what Yasue said in full below.

“Yeah, I can’t go into specifics, but there’s a LOT of new Disney stuff and we have our plates full,” said Yasue. “Theres a lot to consider - we’re looking at all of Disney, the new ones as well, they have a lot of pull and draw.

“We have to come up with a world that has a lot of originality. We want variety in our new Kingdom Hearts, so we don’t want too many of one sort of world, that would look the same. For each world there has to be some meaning for it, in the plot; in Birth By Sleep, for instance, in the Cinderella scene, the characters learn something specific by relating to Cinderella. Also, gameplay-wise, is that world something that would make gameplay fun? There’s a lot I can’t say, but there’s so much to consider.”

When I asked whether I could safely infer that that Star Wars and Marvel are not off-limits, Yasue confirmed that they are being considered. “Well, yeah. They’re all under consideration,” he said. “Nothing’s off-limits, we’re considering all of the worlds. There are so many wonderful concepts. We’re happy about that, but at the same time it’s really tough to choose.”

Click here to view the article

That's cool.That's the way I love Kingdom Hearts.Maybe We may fight someone like Elsa(My dream boss) or Thanos(Maybe It will take a long time until The Avenger: Infinity War part 1 & 2 finish).

I still think he's really just saying this to be polite. Hopefully, this means Pixar though.

The Nightmare Vefore Christmas isn't owned by Disney (Disney only distributes) and even so has been in KH since the first game.

Disney does own it. Always have. Touchstone was founded as a subsidiary of Disney.If they can't make it work, they won't include it. Part of me hopes they do.

"Boo hoo boo-hoohoo i don't wanna mahwel and stah wahs be in kingudamu hatsu boo-hoohoo." Stop your whining already. The man hasn't even confirmed anything and everyone is hitting their heads against the wall for no reason.

Can you blame them? There is a ton of noise about this from both sides, and it is a big risk.

In my opinion Star Wars and Marvel don't fit very well in Kingdom Hearts. They just don't go well with the "Disney magic" theme they've had going on for all these years. Just imagine Iron Man coming out of nowhere and blasting a group of heartless to oblivion. While some might think that it would be cool I feel that it would ruin the magic.

But that's just me.

Edited by Elast0

Can you explain how it ruins it?

Both Marvel and Star Wars are huge two universes that are enough to cover more than KH universe and KHIII won't hold all their characters. In addition, even if they chose only specific characters, it won't be fair at all because even inside Marvel there are a lot of heroes that deserve to be shown instead of whoever SE would choose in KHIII. Besides, The Grid's graphic wasn't as good as it should be and I am pretty sure that they won't choose the actual designs from both universes, which are based on comics, but instead they would turn them into stupid cartoonish, Disneyish designs like what they did with Zack Fair in KHBBS, Gullwings in KHII and Marvel characters in Disney Infinity. Only at that time all three universes would be ruined with such mixing idea. Kingdom Hearts III itself has a lot of plots going on, a lot of Disney movies that are waiting their turns and they are yet adding Pixar and now Marvel and Star Wars? As much as I understand the popularity from such idea, it would surely add more pressure to a level where the story won't be covered from all angles for good. Besides, this is the last game for the saga and it shouldn't be under experiment of Marvel and Star Wars, what if they failed on doing it and KHIII got ruined? They could've waited at least until the end of the saga where it makes way more sense to add anything and even Spongebob but not ruining it on the last title. 

Can you explain how they would fit?

Simple. If they can find a way to make it work and make it work well, then it would work. Also, if the sun evaporates water, it'll eventually start to rain, the earth is constantly shifting underneath us, and in a couple of hours the sun will rise. :P

I have to admit, I had my doubts about this idea when it was only a fan's speculation. But now that it's an actual possibility told straight from a staff member's mouth, I think I can actually start to wrap my head around it a little more. Again, if they can think of a way to make the concept work and they execute it well, then I see no problem to start spewing doom vomit all over the web, it is what it is. :P

And keep in mind that these things are being CONSIDERED. It's not like they are planned and given the go-ahead already. Yasue was name dropping Frozen for months now, but that still isn't any closer to being confirmed as Marvel and Star Wars are. We have to wait till further into development to know what the true deal will be.

But keep in mind that NOTHING is really "unfitting" of the Kingdom Hearts series. 11 years ago, if someone had said that Pirates of the Caribbean was going to be in a Kingdom Hearts game, they would have been laughed at too. If they could make that movie work within KH2, I don't see why they can't find a way to make Marvel and Star Wars work for KH3, it will just require a lot of creative work to find the right mix. <3

Simple. If they can find a way to make it work and make it work well, then it would work. Also, if the sun evaporates water, it'll eventually start to rain, the earth is constantly shifting underneath us, and in a couple of hours the sun will rise. :P

True, but that still doesn't answer my question.