Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

"We need the cops over here to get rid of these guys." Usagi yelled, climbing up to the roofs with her excellent agility.

Usagi had seen the leader, and started chasing after him, starting to shooting towards the leaders direction.

“There has been an explosion!” Hime turned. “Get me a camera on it!” One of the helicopters provided the signal and it showed the ROCK 87.6 Station up in flames, and in rubbles and pieces. “What the hell happened?” Hime muttered. Zooming in, she could see Nightwing was already on the scene with Shiva. “We’ve got Nightwing and Shiva on the scene already.” Hime smiled as she looked up. “Keep trying to record what happens with the gang! I want eyes on the explosion sight just in case something happens.” Hime ordered. Today was a good day for ratings.

The screen suddenly changing to the sight of the explosion, Ren gasped and started to run. That was the Station to which Shiva worked for! He pushed people out of the way as he ran down the streets and corners, following the lights of police cars and fire fighters. “T(his is seriously the worst time to be out of costume. I shouldn’t have been so stupid to decide when the night was over. Toue was right, I need to listen to be told!)” Ren thought as he took a turn across a street and ran into the sight of the explosion. “Shiva! Nightwing! You guys alright?!” Ren called as he hurried to the side of the two. “What happened?” Ren asked. He was out of costume, but he was still worried for his friends regardless.

NoName stood on the top of the roof where the leader was running up. Watching as he ran, NoName followed casually up to his pace. “You’re the Ringer, right? I want to help you with your justice.” NoName said casually as he turned to see Usagi shooting over. “I’ll help you rather well for simple rewards.” NoName said as he got his gloves ready.

Shiva seemed in shock when Nightwing caught her. Her mind was trying to deny what she had just seen and felt. For a moment she did nothing after Nightwing set her on her feet. His prompting to check it out seemed to jar her out of her shock.

"Y-yeah." She managed.

She walked over to the edge of the building to look down at the flaming station. A lot of it was in pieces, but there was a section still standing. Hope sprang up in her chest when she realized that her dad's office was in that section. Maybe he was still alive. She could morn her other friends, but please let her dad be alive.

Shiva didn't respond to Ren's question, but jumped down to the burning wreckage of her sponser's work place. She grabbed a broken piece of wall on her way down, and used it to redirect her through a hole to the interior.

"Hello!" She yelled through the smoke. "Anybody?!?"

She stumbled through the rubble, making a beeline for her father's office. She had to believe that her father was still alive. He worked in a room at the center of the building. It was so surrounded by metal, you couldn't even get a radio signal in there.

Her hopes were crushed when she turned a corner to see an inferno roaring inside her father's office.

"Daaaaad!!!" Amita screamed, then ran for the door.

Out of no where, metal I-beams snaked around her and picked her up as she kicked and thrashed.

"Forget it!" Gauss yelled as he stepped into the same corridor from another, a woman slung over his shoulder. "Anybody in that office or below it is dead!"

"DAAAAD!!!" Amita yelled again as she punched and struggled with her metal bonds.

Gauss grunted as Amita's telekinesis started cracking the metal under his command.

"There are others that can still be saved!" He shouted. "Get it together!"

Dead Fantasy left the tied criminals he could capture including the ones Usagi knocked down in a circle infront of the alleyway for the police. He needed to catch up with Usagi and help her. This new foe was dangerous. Who knew what he had up his sleeve. This was the leader's turf too. They were at a disadvantage. He teleported up to the rooftops with ease and appeared a few years right behind Usagi. Suddenly he felt something wet drip down from his nose; blood. Perfect, he already exasperated his teleporting ability. "I'm right behind you!" He called. Already was he feeling a small headache coming on. He got ready some more of his capture rope. Dead Fantasy noticed NoName running alongside the leader. 'His ally?' He thought.

The Ringer looked over to this newcomer. Now THIS was interesting. Well, more interesting than the pretty lady shooting bullets at him. That also doesn't happen everyday. He suddenly swung his cleaver around, ricocheting a bullet to the side. "I'm listening, new guy. Keep up and I might just consider what you have to say." He fished around in his pockets and took out four throwing knives. He began to throw a few at the heroes' feet, hoping to slow them down. Just a little more. Just a few more blocks.

"Watch out." Usagi warned, her eye glowing turquoise as the word seemed to slow around her.

The area around Usagi lit up as she scanned a yard around her and Dead Fantasy. Usagi located all of the knives and managed to throw Fantasy to the side before one hit him.

All of this happened in an instant, Usagi's powers were fast to most, but slow to her.

"You wanna try that again?" She asked, stopping for a second and taking her aim at NoName. She shot about 10 times, then catching up to Fantasy again.

Ren dove his head into his bag, coming back out with the headgear and hair looking like his hero self, Cataclysm. He pulled some boots on while muttering to himself for being an idiot and thinking that the day was over. “So much for finishing my shift.” Cataclysm muttered as he used his powers to change his face appearance to that of Cataclysm. Thank goodness the cameras were to high up to notice him in the shadows of the night, and his change. He pulled down his long cloak and turned to Nightwing. “Let’s get people out of there.” Cataclysm said as he kicked his bag to a side and ran into the fiery building. Running through a different section from where Gauss and Shiva were, he ran around looking for survivors. “Anyone here?!” Cataclysm called as he coughed from the smoke. Hearing the moans of pain of a few employees, he quickly started to help people out. “This building might collapse at any second.” Cataclysm muttered.

NoName smiled. “If you help me gain certain items from the heroes. Pieces of their clothing, their hair…their blood…I am willing to help you. You see. My powers are a bit…different. With my powers…there is no security system, nor piece of technology that won’t listen to my command.” NoName explained. Seeing Usagi shoot at him. NoName jumped and flipped around, dodging the shots as if he was dancing. “Aw Usagi! You’re looking so cute as always! Why do you hate me so!” NoName squealed, his eyes showing that he was indeed infatuated with her. Dancing while dodging the shots, he dashed closer to Usagi, and reached out to her, but instead touched her cannon. With a low hum, talking to the machine, the cannon suddenly started to malfunction, smoke coming out as it twitched and made irregular sounds. NoName quickly backed away and watched the cannon flip out under his command.

Dead Fantasy was already on it; he suddenly jumped in the air after being thrown out of the way by Usagi. "Thanks!" He called. He teleported right to NoName and threw a punch right to the newcomer's face. He also had a tazer in his left hand, ready to strike.

The Ringer got to the end of the roof that they were on. "If you want me to help you, you have to catch up to me first!" He chuckled and blew a kiss to the two heroes. He took the advantage of NoName fighting to escape and rescue his boys. "I'll see you later, sweet cheeks." With that, he made his signature call me sign and jumped off the roof. He landed on a bunch of garbage- he had his escape route planned from the beginning. His motorcycle was parked right next to the heap of garbage. He got on and immediately started to drive to see if all his members got away safely.

The Doctor glanced up to the rooftop. Everyone else was up there. Cameras were still on him. He was still in his suit of icy armor, despite it being slightly cracked. He couldn't hear quite right either. But for now he needed to be going. He glanced around him, and any and every camera that was on him had it's lens frozen and covered with frost. He calmly picked up his bag of raspberry scones, and manipulated his suit of armor to carry him back home. It wasn't really flight, but it sure would look like to anybody watching. But the way he was going, nobody would. He quickly, and without further even, made it back to the Gold Tier, where he landed in an alleyway, dissipated his suit of armor, and began to walk back to his apartment.

~~~~

Nightwing leaped into the building, rolled to his feet and glanced around. Burning, lot of collapsed structure, generally not in good shape. This building would not be making it much longer. Seeing Gauss and Shiva, he yelled to them, seeing what was happening. Shiva was freaking out, and would kill herself if she wasn't careful. "Get her out of here! We'll find anybody out here!" He yelled to Gauss, as he began running through the building, hoping to find anybody that might have made it.

NoName felt the punch get him. It didn’t feel nice, not at all. He cried out in pain, glaring at Dead Fantasy. “What was that for?!” NoName yelled. He then reached out to his left hand, touching the tazer with his fingers. There was once again a hum, NoName speaking to the tazer mentally before having it go kaput, at least enough to shock its user. That would give him enough time, he thought as he then backflipped from the two and waved. “I have a train to catch!” NoName yelled with a smile as he started to run off once more.

Cataclysm picked people up, resting them on his shoulders and under his arms, carrying around four people at a time. He didn’t want to leave anyone behind who couldn’t run outside on their own. “We aren’t going to have much time!” Cataclysm called, coughing due to the rising smoke and the heat of the fire. Hearing a loud crack, Cataclysm saw as a piece of concrete was about to fall on him. He quickly morphed his free arm and slashed he piece in half, barely missing him and the ones he was carrying. He heard the loud cracks and collapses of the building as it started to fall apart in different places of it, piece by piece. Cataclysm hurried out as he hurried out while carrying the unconscious victims. He laid them on the ground gently, making sure that they were a distance away from the building as he saw the firefighters try to put out the fire and the medics taking care of the people that ran out and the ones he had just brought. 

Dead Fantasy yelled out in pain. Being shocked by his own weapon. Nice. He gritted his teeth, and reached out his hand. "Wait-!" He tried to teleport to NoName, but only teleported a foot foward before he fell to his knees and held his side. Thick streams of blood dribbled down his nose and neck. "Dammit..." He muttered to himself. He punched the floor, so damn aggravated that a simple job could go so badly. He wasn't expecting the two NEXT criminals. Now he looked weak. Not only infront of the TV, infront of his father, but also infront of a lovely girl. Great day. The shock, plus the overuse of his ability made him very fatigue and weak.

Meanwhile, the Ringer was speeding down a nearby highway. He had set his fellow gang mates free and sent them home so they could be safe; no one ever knew the true identity him or any of his gang mates. Not even the police. He parked in a more secluded area of the Bronze Tier and waited for NoName to show up.

Strangely enough, it was just as NoName had said. He did had a train to catch, but not at a timely matter. NoName jumped from one of the buildings, landing right on top of one of the many moving trains that were used in transportation across the city, specifically the bronze tier. Riding the train he looked around the sides, looking for any signs of the man he was talking to earlier before they were rudely interrupted. Spotting him, NoName jumped off, landing on a lower building, and then sliding down against the wall and to the floor, where he walked over to him. “Such troublesome people.”NoName muttered, referring to the heroes. He then looked up at the Ringer, before resuming his speech. “Now, as I was saying earlier, I have an offer for you. You see, I’m a collector. I collect things belonging to heroes. Their action figures, patches of their uniforms, chunks of their hair…” NoName spoke, trailing off slightly before returning to reality. “I have the power to speak to machines and technology. There is no door, no lock, no machine, no transport, no computer, that I can’t unlock, use, and abuse of. If it uses any form of energy, I can speak to it and bend it to my will. With that cleared up, here’s my offer: I help you and your men get wherever you want, and unlock whatever you need, and in exchange, I want pieces of the heroes to add to my collection. Pieces of hair, small pints of blood, pieces of skin, things belonging to them to add to my collection. That is all I want as pay, you can keep any money and wealth that comes out of it.” NoName explained.

“What’s this?! Usagi’s cannon has exploded! Dead Fantasy has fallen! It appears their weaponry have malfunctioned! Whatever person that was, the Ringer and the mysterious blue figure have disappeared from fight! And the citizen…is gone.” Hime watched the tvs as he tapped her fingers against the desk. “It’s not like Dead Fantasy to be taken down so easily. Change focus! Let’s focus on the burning building!” Hime ordered. “Cataclysm has taken some people out before running back in! Nightwing and Shiva are on the scene as well, but we’ve yet to see of them since they entered the building! The firefighters are doing what they can, but it appears the flames are too much!”

The Ringer crossed his arms and leaned against one of the fences which led to a park. He thought for a while. He didn't know if he could trust this guy. "Well... First off what are you gonna do with the things I collect, IF I take you up on your offer. Second, I don't need any dirty money. I might help you out. But what if I say no, and tell you to firetruck off?"

Grunting, Gauss pulled the struggling Shiva back towards him, following Nightwing's command.

"Nightwing!" The Electromagnetic Hero yelled after his colleague. "This was intentional. Be careful!"

With Shiva in tow and a survivor over his shoulder, Gauss made for an exit from the decimated building. After a few halls, the mental strain of Shiva fighting back dissipated. Gauss glanced back at her to see her shoulders heaving as she sobbed. He knew full well who she was and who her father was. If not handled carefully, she could be a problem.

Gauss made it out of the building, floating in midair a moment before spotting where Cataclysm had lain his civilians.

"One more!" He called out as he landed near the paramedics and laid the woman over his shoulder carefully on the ground.

As other's attended the woman, Gauss lowered the i-beam bound Shiva on the ground. She still sobbed, but said nothing. Concentrating, Gauss unwrapped the metal around her and set it up as a small wall to protect Shiva from the camera's. The ones that still had an angle on Shiva were mysteriously hit by a directed EMP. Gauss had negated to mention he could do that to anyone and was in no hurry to officially reveal it. It was nice to have some secrets from people.

Kneeling next to Shiva, Gauss pulled down her mask, revealing her tear stained face. Her eyes looked up into his and all he could see was despair. He needed to put something else in.

"I am sorry about your father, Amita." He told her in a low voice so that only she could properly hear it. "There was nothing we could do. But I promise that the person behind this will-"

The Electromagnetic Hero was cut off as the ruins of the Rock 87.6 station shuddered and an outlying section partly caved in. Gauss took a few seconds to size up the situation, then turned back to Amita.

"That building hasn't much time and there are some people still in there, including Nightwing." He said quickly. "Neither of us could hold up that building on our own, but together, we can buy Nightwing time."

He stood up and held out a hand.

"Are you ready, Shiva?"

Amita looked at the building blankly for several moments before looking back up into Gauss's eyes. This time, he could see steel in her eyes. She took his hand and pulled herself up.

"Ready." She said in a voice that only shook a little as she pulled her mask back on.

"There." Gauss said, pointing out a section of wall before running off to take up his own position.

It would have been more impressive to take to the sky for this stunt, but Gauss didn't want to waste energy on grandstanding. He made it to the sidewalk directly in front of the building and stretched out his arms. Electricity arched between his fingers as he used his power to reach into the metal parts of the building and fought to keep them up.

On one side of the building, Shiva made it to the point Gauss had pointed out. She could cry for her father later. He would have told her to not cry over what was lost, but worry about what could still be saved. She took in a ragged breath, then slammed her fists into the brick, extending her telekinesis out through the building to keep it up. She screamed as the mental load of a building settled on her mind, but she held her ground.

NoName smiled over the thoughts of adding certain items to his collection. “You see I’m just a simple collector~  All I intend to do is keep them with the rest of my collection, and daydream over one day being able to have the dissected bodies of them within my apartment to have them watch me over while I sleep~” NoName said squealing as he seemed to give a small spin. He then stopped and frowned seriously. “If you don’t want to help me then it’s fine. I won’t bother you. But you can’t go anywhere in this city without technology getting in the way. Technology I can control. Including the electric jail cells that most likely contain some of your arrested friends.” NoName said as he played with his fingers.

Cataclysm ran back inside, seeing as Shiva used her powers to keep the remaining building standing. “(We have to hurry, we can’t allow her to strain her powers for too long.)” Cataclysm thought as he ran across the building. Paying attention to any cries from within the building, he searched for any remaining victims that could be saved. He barely had noticed when Gauss had entered the scene earlier. “Gauss, Nightwing, I don’t see anyone on my side!” Cataclysm said as he carefully walked across the smoky hallway, being careful not to trip. He did feel his foot stumble upon something that felt too soft to be just building rubble. Kneeling down, his eyes adjusting to the dark smoke, he saw a body, but it was obvious that whoever it was, he wasn’t breathing. “(Smoke inhalation? Most likely.)” Cataclysm thought. He didn’t think twice about it, pushing the rubble off the corpse and throwing it over his shoulder. He couldn’t just leave a body behind, even if it was just a body. “(The least we can do is return it. Otherwise the flames will turn it to ash.)” Cataclysm thought as he looked around once more. Seeing, sensing, not anyone else within the hallway, he hurried back out. It would be a matter of time before Shiva’s powers reached their limit due to the weight of the building.

The Ringer gave a nod, listening intently to what NoName had to say. He was just about to say okay to him... Until he mentioned the part about having dissected bodies watch over him while he slept. He was just about to cuss the poor guy out and tell him that he's a bastard and that he should go firetruck himself, but then NoName mentioned the fact that some of his boys was in jail. The Ringer cursed in his mind, and mentally slapped himself. NoName was right. There was no way Ringer was going to get his boys out of jail without the abilities NoName had.

"...Fine. Alright, I'll help ya out with your little collection thing. But one thing you gotta remember! I ain't bringing you no bodies or ANYTHIN' like that from the heroes. Not a arm or a leg, not even a drop of blood if I don't happen to find it. Only hair, nails and all that crap. Capiche?" He turned his head to the side, raised his visor a little so NoName won't see his face, and promptly spat some mucus into his hand. He shut his visor and held out his hand for NoName. "Help me get my boys out of jail, and you've gotcha self a deal."

The Doctor strolled through Gold Tier. He got a few funny looks on the streets from those that he passed by, understandable considering his bleeding ear yet completely unaffected posture. He almost got ran over a few times. It is difficult to tell when an automobile is hurtling towards you when you can't hear anything. The Doctor finally reached his apartment building, which he walked into, still carrying his bag of raspberry scones. He hadn't checked, but he seriously hoped that none of them had been damaged in that chaos he had gotten himself wrapped into. In the elevator he browsed through his purchases, scoffing one down as he did so. Good, they were all mostly intact. Scones weren't terribly affected by super sonic waves after all. He entered his filthy apartment and set his bag down on the kitchen counter. Didn't he have a maid? Oh right, he'd fired her after she'd accidentally dumped out one of his specimens he'd been keeping inside the refrigerator. She was number 14 in a long line of failed cleaning ladies he had hired. The Doctor went into the bathroom to check out his wounds. In the mirror, it became explicitly clear just how much blood he had lost from his eardrums bursting. He was astonishingly lucky that his inner ear hadn't been damaged, or he doubted he would've been able to get back home in the first place. And getting caught with his abilities would not have been a good thing. In any case, it was time he took a trip to the hospital. He doubted that this medical problem was one he could fix by himself. He only had two hands after all.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Nightwing rushed through the building, glad that the other heroes had made it out. He was currently following some terrible sobs he was only able to hear thanks to his abilities. Seriously, he was glad that he was able to help people thanks to his gifts. He finally reached the source. It was an office at the end of a hallway. He reached the doorway, and called out to whoever was inside. "Hang on just a bit longer! I'm coming!" He yelled. Just then, as he was crossing through the doorway, the building collapsed more. The structure holding the ceiling up in his part of the building fell. Nightwing did not have much time. Debris was falling onto him and the victim, and if he did not work quickly, they'd be done for. Nightwing spotted the woman who had been crying for help. Knowing there was not much time before the entire ceiling fell on top of them, he rushed over. The roof collapsed on top of them, but Dick held it up. The strain of holding so much integral parts of a freaking building was already getting to him. He felt his bones crack slightly, his muscles barely able to keep up. Come on. He needed to do this, get this woman out of here. He was a protector of this city. A guardian. His abilities marked him so. He looked down to the woman, who was watching him, amazed. Then, he suddenly felt a tremendous pressure lifted off of him. He glanced around him and could feel some mental force helping him out. He smiled, and let out a laugh of relief. Shiva wasn't totally out of commission after all. He pulled the woman free of some debris she was stuck under, and carried her, running through the building. He knew this reprieve from the burning wouldn't last. He spotted a window at the end of the hallway, and knowing there was no time to figure out another exit, he chucked his bowstaff, shattering the glass. He leaped through the window, making sure the victim didn't get caught. He received a couple scratches in that process, but that was okay. Civilians always came first. They landed, safe and sound. Without waiting a second, he rushed over to where the paramedics were, and gave his survivor to their care. She thanked him profusely, but he shrugged it off with a smile and a slight salute. Nightwing coughed, the effects of spending so much time in a smoke filled environment finally getting to him. That tended to happen. When powered by adrenaline, his body tended to ignore pain, sickness, and other things like that. Later though, it hurt like hell. He signaled to Shiva and Gauss. All clear. There was nobody else in the building.

(Time for another character to keep the Doctor company! :>)

Human (Non-NEXT)

Name: Mimi

Appearance:

Posted Image

Occupation?: N/A

Bio: Born to a poverty stricken family in the Bronze Tier, Mimi is a young sweet little girl who believes that everyone is good inside. Recently she was diagnosed with Lukemia, and therefore she is always in a weelchair since she is too weak to walk on her own. Despite this, she is very hopeful and positive that she'll get better. She doesn't understand very well the concept of Cancer and Death, for she believes that her sickness will go away just like a flu. Her father is currently in jail for being abusive to her and her mother who is a drug addict. Because of this she currently lives with her older brother whom she loves very dearly. She still loves her parents either way and dreams for the day that they'll all be happy together. Because her brother is always outside busy with something, Mimi is always either alone by herself or outside with one of her older brothers friends as her bodyguard. Because her brother is so poor, Mimi never gets any of the treatment she needs from the terrible hospitals in the Bronze Tier and due to this she is getting sicker and sicker.

Curious facts?:

-She is obsessed with Little Red Riding Hood

-She calls her older brother "The Big Bad Wolf"

--however she thinks the Big Bad Wolf is a good guy.

-She always wanted to meet Cataclysym, Nightwing, and Shiva.

-She always wanted to play a game of basketball or baseball; a interest she gained from her older brother.

-Mimi loves blowing bubbles

Theme Song:

(Yes Naminé's theme.)

(Time for another character to keep the Doctor company! :>)

Human (Non-NEXT)

Name: Mimi

Appearance:

Posted Image

Occupation?: N/A

Bio: Born to a poverty stricken family in the Bronze Tier, Mimi is a young sweet little girl who believes that everyone is good inside. Recently she was diagnosed with Lukemia, and therefore she is always in a weelchair since she is too weak to walk on her own. Despite this, she is very hopeful and positive that she'll get better. She doesn't understand very well the concept of Cancer and Death, for she believes that her sickness will go away just like a flu. Her father is currently in jail for being abusive to her and her mother who is a drug addict. Because of this she currently lives with her older brother whom she loves very dearly. She still loves her parents either way and dreams for the day that they'll all be happy together. Because her brother is always outside busy with something, Mimi is always either alone by herself or outside with one of her older brothers friends as her bodyguard. Because her brother is so poor, Mimi never gets any of the treatment she needs from the terrible hospitals in the Bronze Tier and due to this she is getting sicker and sicker.

Curious facts?:

-She is obsessed with Little Red Riding Hood

-She calls her older brother "The Big Bad Wolf"

--however she thinks the Big Bad Wolf is a good guy.

-She always wanted to meet Cataclysym, Nightwing, and Shiva.

-She always wanted to play a game of basketball or baseball; a interest she gained from her older brother.

-Mimi loves blowing bubbles

Theme Song:

(Yes Naminé's theme.)

(I'm not sure how you figured this out, but a kid like this is exactly what the Doctor needs and I was thinking about just having a kid character of my own, and then you made this! You've legit made me very excited. :D )

(Accepted)

Cataclysm settled down the body of the young man he had found inside. The paramedics quickly came to its aid, trying to revive him. “(This couldn’t possibly be an accident.)” Cataclysm thought as he glanced back at the building. “(Accidents don’t strike so accurately at lives.)” “OH!~ The heroes have once again saved the day! It appears that they have taken everyone out of the building. What possibly could’ve happen to cause such destruction?! Stay stunned for more details!!!” Cataclysm hurried over to Nightwing, ignoring the flashes of the cameras of upcoming newscasts. “Nightwing, please tell me you think this is too accurate to be an accident.” Cataclysm asked, hoping for confirmation to his fears.

NoName smiled. “It’s all I could ever ask for.” No name said as he shook Ringer’s hand. “The heroes should be busy with other stuff. We should head over to the jail while the night covers us.” NoName suggested as he took a few steps forward. “Your intentions are a mystery, which intrigues me, Ringer.”

(I'm not sure how you figured this out, but a kid like this is exactly what the Doctor needs and I was thinking about just having a kid character of my own, and then you made this! You've legit made me very excited. :D )

(:O omg I am like

Omg

This is like

The greatest thing ever

Posted Image

I am just utterly like I just had a Professor Xavier Moment

And Soul I knowdatfeel I used to ritually play KH music on my flute)

Nearby as the Doctor was going about, heading to his visit to the hospital, a small sigh could be heard nearby in one of the many parks in the area. A little girl in a wheelchair was stick in the grass, desperately trying to get her wheelchair out. The old wheels were stuck and knotted with the grass next to the basketball court that was there. She held a small pink kickball in her hands, probably one that she was trying to throw inside the hoop. "U-Uh!!!" She let out another breath almost as if she was trying to move an entire mountain. Unfortunately she remained stuck, and in another effort to get herself free her wheelchair tipped over like a cow with her in it. He ball bounced a few feet away. "Owwie... O-Oh no..."

Meanwhile the Ringer gave a quick nod. They needed to go right now, before the opportunity was wasted. When NoName wasn't looking, Ringer wipped his hand on his jeans. 'That was disgusting...' He thought. 'I'm never making a deal with spit ever again... That was firetrucking gross. Thats what I get for watching too many movies.' He recovered and crossed his arms. "Yeah, let's hurry this up... My boys won't last a day in the slammer and I got places to be." He hopped on his bike which was parked next to the turnpike. "Get on. I don't got an extra helmet, so hold on."

The Doctor was on his way to the hospital. He was going to a Bronze Tier, they were cheaper and the service he needed wasn't complicated. It would be good enough. It was a pleasant day out though. Sun, a delightful breeze, blue skies. Perfect one might say. The Doctor wouldn't. Nothing was ever perfect to him. Something hit him in the shin. Not hard, just a slight tap. He looked down, and saw a small pink ball. He raised an eyebrow, and glanced to the park he happened to be standing next to. What a disaster! A young girl in a tipped over wheelchair! Absolutely tragic. He looked around the park. And was she by herself? Pitiful. Absolutely pitiful. He was beginning to lose more faith in humanity than he already had. Well, if no one else was going to do anything, then he would have to be the good Samaritan this time. Warthrop scooped up the kickball, and strode over to the girl in a few long strides. He set down the ball next to the wheelchair, and bent down so that he was face to face with her. 

"Generally, a disabled person has someone around to help in perilous situations such as these. Even service dogs can fulfill needs such as getting help. I hear Shetland ponies make good service animals as well. That would be strange wouldn't it? Seeing a Shetland pony with a bright orange vest help an old woman into a restaurant? Anyways, seeing as how you are lacking in ponies, dogs, and friends, I suppose the one to help you shall be I." He said, getting momentarily distracted as he was talking, as he is apt to do. But he helped her, pulling the wheelchair back up into an upright position.

~~~~~~~

Nightwing continued staring at the collapsing building as Cataclysm spoke to him. Finally, he glanced to his fellow hero. He gave a frustrated smirk, and ran his hand through his hair. "Gauss told me when I was in there that this was targeted. And the whole way the building collapsed, it seemed very purposeful. I wouldn't doubt it. But, if you want the real details, go ask Gauss." Nightwing coughed violently. He spat into the grass. "As for me... I need to retire for the day. Two hostage rescues should keep the corp off my back. Besides, I need some rest. I'm pretty sure my body's just about reached it's limit."