Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

(Ohhhh snappppp guys watch out. Yuffie's new character is going to do some damage)

Ringer chuckled. "Some time eh? Maybe that's because you're such a crazy bastard." He said jokingly. That was actually yet another compliment. He took the number, and put in his pocket. "Alright, hotshot. I guess I'll be seeing you around. Take care of yourself, got it? Tootles." With that, Jessie went speeding down the street. He suddenly felt a sharp pain in his shoulder, and blood seep through his jacket. He forgot about the ice shard from the Doctor earlier.

Mimi smiled as the Doctor started to push her wheelchair for her. She didn't mind answering his question. It wasn't personal at all.

"I have um this thing called Lukemia. It's a type of cancer. It's Uh the cancer of the blood, I think!" She fiddled with her sleeves. "I feel too icky to walk. It hurts too, so my brother got me this wheelchair. It's okay though! It'll go away and I'll be able to play a sport! When my friends get sick, they feel better after a few days. I guess it's going to be a while before I feel better too!" Once the Doctor pushed Mimi across the street, someone was yelling out a name. "Mimi! Mimi!!!"

Mimi brightened up. "Mr. Doctor! That's my brother!" She called out for the voice. "Jesse! I'm over here!"

Around the corner, came a young man with a white tee on. "Mimi! Did you stay at the store like Johnny said-" he suddenly stopped in his tracks. Infront of him, was the Doctor with his little sister. The man's shoulder was sloppily bandaged, with blood seeping through. "Who's /this/?" He asked slowly.

"This is Mr. Doctor!" Mimi said happily. "My wheelchair got caught in the grass, so he helped me get free. He took me across the street to wait for Uncle Johnny to get back. He told me about ponies too!"

Jesse slowly nodded, and almost hesitantly offered the Doctor a handshake. "My name is Uh, Jesse... Jesse Jones... It's nice to meet you. I'm guessing Doc isn't your actual name huh? Mimi loves giving nicknames to people..."

(Here's is what Jesse Jones looks like

I figured I should show that now since his helmet isn't on.)

(Here's is what Jesse Jones looks like

I figured I should show that now since his helmet isn't on.)

Posted Image

---

Ren snored like an idiot. He was sprawled on his bed, one arm resting over his head, the other over his stomach, his legs spread in different directions. His pillow was somewhere besides his hip, the bedsheets were one quarter on the bed and the rest on the floor. His dogs were all over the bed with him. A corgi that slept with its head resting on Ren's collarbone, a great dane sprawled on the bed with its paws resting on Ren, resting right next to him, a pekingese rested between his legs, a collie resting over his stomach. The cats took over the sofa. Suddenly his phone rang in the midst of the peace. Everyone jumped. The dogs rose to their feet and Ren was so dazed that when he tried to stand up he only ended up tripping on the bed sheet and falling onto the floor. His pekingese came over to lick Ren's face. "Ah...~" Ren muttered under his breath. He moved his hand and turned to his wrist ID, answering the call. "Hello?" Ren said with a yawn. "A reminder you have a photoshoot session to promote some products." "Oi...yeah will remember." The call ended. He rested down against the floor.

Next thing Noname knew, he was back to being Giotto. He sat up and blinked a few times. He had changed into his pajamas, his costume hidden where it belonged. He didn't even remember reaching home. But he did. A knock on the door. "Sir Eucranasia, breakfast." A woman's voice. His caretaker. With his mother long gone and his father everywhere but home, he needed someone to take care of him and the home. The caretaker was practically part of the family. Alexia was her name. "Come in." Giotto yawned. It was easy to trick Alexia that he wasn't home last night. He sneaked out all the time. He just left a recorder that would play phrases with his voice while video game sounds played. Alexia walked in. "Morning little guy. I made your favorite." Alexia said as she settled down the in bed breakfast. Chocolate pancakes with rich chocolate syrup sauce, strawberries and milk. "(I'm glad there's another world I belong to. It's lonely and boring being like this.)" Giotto said as he took a bite.

Edited by Stardustblade358

(OOOOHH! THAT TWIST THO. i never saw that coming aqua)

The Doctor scoffed down a scone. He was dressed in slacks and a stained white tank top. Standard morning clothing for him. He could not help but think back on the day before. First he had encountered that NEXT criminal and his gang, and then he had found little Mimi. He could not help but smile a little at the thought of her. She had been a nice one, innocent and naive. However that brother of hers... He was definitely an odd egg. He had seemed uncomfortable and awkward, very hesitant to speak with him. In the end, the Doctor had left Jesse Jones with his business card and a request to call him should they get into trouble, financial or otherwise. After all, he did have a fortune he wasn't planning on spending, and wasn't planning on having a heir. Warthrop yawned loudly, before heading over to his work station. He glanced over what he had been working on last, then scratched out a few things from his notes. A second look up, and then he scribbled some more things down. He was close. He knew that. But one thing was missing. And no matter how hard he tried he could not figure out the puzzle of NEXTs.

~~~~~

Thump. Thump. Bu bump. Bang. Crack. Boom. Dick wiped his brow. The punching bag had shattered it's chain and flown several yards. He was working out in the gym Cobra had provided him. After all, he needed to keep his body sharper than most of the other Heroes. His ability required him to be excellent at fighting to have any kind of effectiveness. Later he would have to film a commercial. He hated that part of his job. He was in it for the good he was doing. The money helped him do his job and he sent most of it to his parents anyway. Commercials and other corporate parts of this life were just obnoxious. He hooked up a new punching bag. Thump. Thump. Bu bump.

(OOOOHH! THAT TWIST THO. i never saw that coming aqua)

The Doctor scoffed down a scone. He was dressed in slacks and a stained white tank top. Standard morning clothing for him. He could not help but think back on the day before. First he had encountered that NEXT criminal and his gang, and then he had found little Mimi. He could not help but smile a little at the thought of her. She had been a nice one, innocent and naive. However that brother of hers... He was definitely an odd egg. He had seemed uncomfortable and awkward, very hesitant to speak with him. In the end, the Doctor had left Jesse Jones with his business card and a request to call him should they get into trouble, financial or otherwise. After all, he did have a fortune he wasn't planning on spending, and wasn't planning on having a heir. Warthrop yawned loudly, before heading over to his work station. He glanced over what he had been working on last, then scratched out a few things from his notes. A second look up, and then he scribbled some more things down. He was close. He knew that. But one thing was missing. And no matter how hard he tried he could not figure out the puzzle of NEXTs.

~~~~~

Thump. Thump. Bu bump. Bang. Crack. Boom. Dick wiped his brow. The punching bag had shattered it's chain and flown several yards. He was working out in the gym Cobra had provided him. After all, he needed to keep his body sharper than most of the other Heroes. His ability required him to be excellent at fighting to have any kind of effectiveness. Later he would have to film a commercial. He hated that part of his job. He was in it for the good he was doing. The money helped him do his job and he sent most of it to his parents anyway. Commercials and other corporate parts of this life were just obnoxious. He hooked up a new punching bag. Thump. Thump. Bu bump.

Posted Image

---

Ren snored like an idiot. He was sprawled on his bed, one arm resting over his head, the other over his stomach, his legs spread in different directions. His pillow was somewhere besides his hip, the bedsheets were one quarter on the bed and the rest on the floor. His dogs were all over the bed with him. A corgi that slept with its head resting on Ren's collarbone, a great dane sprawled on the bed with its paws resting on Ren, resting right next to him, a pekingese rested between his legs, a collie resting over his stomach. The cats took over the sofa. Suddenly his phone rang in the midst of the peace. Everyone jumped. The dogs rose to their feet and Ren was so dazed that when he tried to stand up he only ended up tripping on the bed sheet and falling onto the floor. His pekingese came over to lick Ren's face. "Ah...~" Ren muttered under his breath. He moved his hand and turned to his wrist ID, answering the call. "Hello?" Ren said with a yawn. "A reminder you have a photoshoot session to promote some products." "Oi...yeah will remember." The call ended. He rested down against the floor.

Next thing Noname knew, he was back to being Giotto. He sat up and blinked a few times. He had changed into his pajamas, his costume hidden where it belonged. He didn't even remember reaching home. But he did. A knock on the door. "Sir Eucranasia, breakfast." A woman's voice. His caretaker. With his mother long gone and his father everywhere but home, he needed someone to take care of him and the home. The caretaker was practically part of the family. Alexia was her name. "Come in." Giotto yawned. It was easy to trick Alexia that he wasn't home last night. He sneaked out all the time. He just left a recorder that would play phrases with his voice while video game sounds played. Alexia walked in. "Morning little guy. I made your favorite." Alexia said as she settled down the in bed breakfast. Chocolate pancakes with rich chocolate syrup sauce, strawberries and milk. "(I'm glad there's another world I belong to. It's lonely and boring being like this.)" Giotto said as he took a bite.

( Posted Image )

Jesse took the buisness card with a nod. And the Doctor began to leave, Jesse stopped him for a moment by putting his hand on the Doctor's shoulder. "Sorry 'bout the ears, Doc." With that, he started to wheel Mimi home. She looked to the Doctor, deeply saddened.

"But I want to play with Mr. Doctor!" Mimi said, sniffling. "Just a little longer, pleaseeeeeeeeeee?"

Jesse sighed. "He's busy, toots. It's late and you have to go to bed."

Mimi looked down with a sad frown, almost as if she was a rejected puppy. "Okay..."

Edited by Aqua7KH

-OFFICIALLY THE NEXT DAY. HAHA. GET IT. NEXT. NEXT. HEROES. TERM FOR TIME. I'M GREAT-

Ren had time until he had to gear up for those annoying commercial stuff. But before any of that came taking out the dogs for a walk, and they were beyond excited. Needles to say the dogs made an impression, all of them pulling on their leashes as they sniffed and barked at everything they found exciting, causing  people on the side walk step aside to make space for them to walk by. Un-phased, Ren walked his dogs calmly while reading online news on his ID watch. It was impressive how he was able to keep up with his dogs despite the fact that he was being dragged down to the street. "There is still investigations going on about the attack, the area has been closed off until the investigation has been completed. Police aren't revealing any details. On another news a group of delinquents escaped a local prison from the second tier. Police say that it was an inside job, as no heroes were alarmed. When asked a list for the escaped the police say that strangely enough, they have no records..." Ren blinked a couple of times. "We were never told about this." Ren muttered. There was no alarms, no messages. If it was an inside job as they said, they did a pretty good job at it. Soon enough he started to walk into the park, much to his dog's happiness. "Alright boys. Let out the energy." Ren said, with a click of the handle, the leashes released the dogs, having them run around and play. They could come when called. They just needed play time. He went ahead and text messaged his friends, his hero friends, all into a group text message with an attachment of the new of the escaped inmates along with a message written, 'Did u guys hear about this? None of us were notified'.

Giotto walked out of the elevator, walking across the apartment lobby and out the doors. He called his father, but no answer. Just another voice message. He never had time for Giotto. It was the same song every time. Too busy. Too busy. By then Giotto had realized that his father had no right to learn about his abilities, not if he left Giotto to be so lonely. Even with someone watching over him always. It wasn't family. Giotto was always lonely. But meeting Ringer was fun. He was actually able to speak with someone who wasn't trying to either lure him for money, or making fun of his brightly colored hair. Just a normal conversation. Even under the circumstances. He stepped outside and was greeted by a late middle aged man, smiling. "Good morning Mr.Eucranasia." The old man chuckled. "Good morning." Giotto smiled. The old man, the driver, opened the door to the car, a limo. Giotto walked in, taking his eat before looking down at his cellphone. Maybe the Ringer would like to hang out.

David Shaw leaned against his desk, looking up at the computerized board detailing what he knew about Macmillan and his methods. He had a short list of potential next victims, but that he had to balance this investigation with his work and making sure Shiva got back on her feet. The investigation and Shiva could be outsourced to some degree. It wouldn't be a perfect solution, be he felt confident that he could balance things appropriately. He leaned back to grab his phone when it started to ring on its own. David flipped around and picked it up.

"Shaw." He said.

"The young lady is awake." The gruff voice of Antonio, his personal physician, reported. "She is physically fine."

"Thank you, Antonio, I'll be down shortly." David said, then hung up, confident that the physician was done speaking.

Staring up at computer screens again, David wondered how he was going to handle this. Deciding that putting it off helped nothing, he left his office and made for the infirmary on his floor. He entered it, finding Antonio already gone and Amita sitting up in a hospital bed.

"Headache?" He asked as he closed the door behind him softly and approached the bed.

Amita nodded, but didn't look at him or say anything. David noted fresh tear stains on her face.

"Reports are coming in that the people we saved are in stable conditions." He said. "Most should be released from the hospital before the week is out."

"My dad?" Amita asked, but there wasn't any hope in her voice.

"I'm sorry." Was all David had to offer.

Amita nodded dully.

"You said it was deliberate." She said. "That someone did it."

David had been hoping to ease into this discussion. Oh well. He was honest before, so he might as well stay the course.

"Yes." He answered. "An assassin named MacMillan."

Amita looked up at David, confusion in her red rimmed eyes.

"Why?" She asked. "My dad wasn't that big."

"His name appeared in connection with some government files leaked on the web. Something about a defunct Government run NEXT team that did black ops missions. Revenge might be the motivate of MacMillan's employers."

Amita looked down as she tried to reconcile what she knew about her father and the idea that he had been some sort of secret agent.

"There has to be a mistake." She said, shaking her head.

"Mistake or not, someone acted on it." David reminded her.

Closing her eyes, Amita fought against the surge of emotion that threatened to send her crying again.

"And you know where this MacMillan is?" She asked through gritted teeth. "And whose behind all this?"

"I'm working on it." David replied.

Amita opened her eyes and gave the Electromagnetic Hero a steely look.

"I want in on taking those bastards down." She said firmly.

David's dark eyes bored into Amita's.

"You know that will be dangerous on multiple levels." He stated.

"Yes, and I'll take the risks." She answered.

Their eyes remained locked for a few seconds longer, then David nodded.

"Alright. You're in. I need to make some calls and compile a few things. I suggest you eat something and freshen up. There is a full bath room next to this room on the right. At the end of this hall is a mini kitchen with some protein bars and microwaveable meals."

With that, David left Amita to her own devices. As he walked back to his office, he pulled out his cell phone and punched up a text and sent it to Dick Grayson's cell phone.

Text: Gauss here. Need help with investigation of the radio station explosion. Shiva physically alright, but is shaky emotionally. Any help you can give will be appreciated.

Xane yawned as she woke up to persistent knocking on her door and it was only getting worse. Xane, however, took her time in blinking away the drowsiness and rolling off the bed. Her cat,Nina, meowed in annoyance. "I know. I'm getting it..." She huffed and shuffled her way to the door, trying to untangle the knots in her blue hair as she opened it. "Who..?" Xane didn't even bother finishing the sentence. It was her manager person, Gavin, and he seemed pretty annoyed. "What?" She continued untangling her hair as she motioned him in, uncaring about her pajama self image. 

"Did you forget?" he asked, an edge to his voice.

"Forget?"she repeated.

"Yes. You have a photo shoot today that you're 15 minutes late to already."

"Ohh...."Xane was unfazed as she walked back to her room to get herself changed and ready. 

Shinra stretched herself out like a cat, pushing the men off the bed but...they were only corpses now. "Ugh...I hate taking out the trash." She made a face at them and stood, her hair falling in delicate waves around her shoulders. Without bothering to put something over her underwear, she reached for her phone, dialing a phone number all too well known. Her "cleaning crew" as she liked to call them but they obviously have no idea what's going on when they come over. 

(I'm a little confused on the personal lives of the heroes. Do they all know each others real identities, or only a few of them do?)

And what was "sorry about the ears" supposed to mean? Really. He had made no motion to signify that he was having trouble with his ears. The Doctor was continuing to contemplate Mimi and Jesse Jones while looking through his microscope at one of his blood cells. The Doctor bit his lip, then looked back to the list of genes he had determined to be possibly linked to the existence of NEXT. He crossed another one off the list. No difference had been found between the control cell, his NEXT cell, and the mutated cell. Could it be that Jesse Jones was one of the gang members that he had fought earlier? Now that seemed like a distinct possibility. He glanced at his phone. He could put in an anonymous tip to the police. They'd send in some hero and everything would be over and done with. But what would happen to Mimi? Would she fall into the system? That did not seem a fair fate. No, he'd let things go. For now at least, he'd let things play out. He needed to do his work anyway. He grabbed a new vial of control blood cells and started the mutation process. Did he have anything scheduled? Ah yes, there was that banquet tonight. For all those rich and famous people of the city. The Doctor was supposed to attend. Would he? Probably.

~~~~~

Dick squeezed his water bottle, shooting water into his mouth. He was sitting against the wall, sweaty and out of breath. Several broken dummies and punching bags were about the room. His phone buzzed, then buzzed again. He picked it up. Two messages. He swiped to open and read the first one. Ren. Asking about the jailbreak. Dick shook his head. Really? All that work jailing these people and they got out. He quickly responded.

"Nope, didn't hear a word about it. Musta been well planned if nobody tripped any alarms." Then he looked at the other text. From Gauss. He smiled as he read it. Good. Then he glanced at the time. He had plenty of time before his shoot. He texted back.

"I'm all ers. What do u need from me?"

David was back in his office looking over some of his piled up work when Dick's text reached him. he swivled his chair away from the screens as he considered his answer.

He texted: <Leg work and keeping an eye on Shiva. Her father was one of the casualities in the building's destruction. I believe she should be a part of this, but she may act rashly. I understand if you are too busy to take this up, but you seemed the best pick.>

Sending it, David leaned back in his chair. He would need to work on his contengancy plans in case Nightwing declined. It would be detramental, but it did kill two birds with one stone. After a deep breath, he turned back to his computer and to work.

There was suddenly a knock outside the Doctor's front door. Outside was a rather big framed man wearing some worker clothes, blue collar, and hot pink headphones around his neck. Next to him was little Mimi, in her wheelchair. She giggled as she watched the older man knock, then ring the doorbell.

"Do you think Mr. Doctor has those ponies I told you about?" Mimi asked with a smile.

The man sighed and shrugged. "I don't know, Mimi. Now shush. You shouldn't talk so much or else you'll feel weaker."

Mimi crossed her arms and pouted. "Booo..."

Meanwhile, Ringer was speeding down the highway right next to Giotto's limo. He already sent the man a text message, and he waved to the window. The text message he wrote was;

"I thought we were going to hang out, bitch. Meet me at the same spot. Better come quick too, I don't got all day."

(I'm a little confused on the personal lives of the heroes. Do they all know each others real identities, or only a few of them do?)

In the anime the heroes know each others true identity, or at the very least their first names and how they look like without the costume on. (Since they work together all the time they might as well) anyone else who knows of who they really are would be the person they work for. Other than that, any other person they've decided to tell.

---

Giotto looked down at his cellphone and then looked out the window. His eyes gleamed with excitement. Ringer was quick. Thankfully if they needed to be undercover, Giotto had brought himself his costume with him just in case.. Giotto waved back and then turned forward, pressing a button of a speaker. "I decided where I wish to go." Giotto said, speaking to the driver upfront. A few minutes later Giotto was dropped off by the mall. "You sure you want me to go back?" The driver asked. Giotto nodded. "Yes. I'll be fine. I'll call you if I want you to pick me up." Giotto said with a wave, watching the driver drive off. Once he was out of sight he hurried over to the meeting place, pulling up his hood of his jacket and hurrying over to the meeting place. Ringer was already there. He hurried over. "You're so fast!" Giotto said smiling as he walked up to Ringer. His father would certainly not approve of Ringer as a friend. But who cares. He had a friend. A friend. That's the first friend in his short life. "What do you have planned today?"

Ren had taken his dogs back home and was back at the park where he was that morning. However, as he walked in, he was no longer Ren. He was Cataclysm. The camera crew was already there, along with his father's assistant reminding him of all of the stuff he needed to do today. There was a crowed of fans being held back by merely security and ropes. Cataclysm mentally prepared an escape route were the fans thinking of making a run for it on him. What was the photoshoot about anyways? Cataclysm was asked to take off his top part of the costume, his hero self showing much to the fan's glee. "What is this for again?" Cataclysm asked. But before he could get an answer, someone handed him a bottle of sun screen before another person dropped about a galon of water right over him drenching him wet. Cataclysm wanted to curse, but instead he flipped his hair back and looked at the camera, struggling to force a smile even though now he was freezing. "Water resistant sunscreen." Cataclysm said through gritted teeth. This was going to be a long day.

---

Posted Image

The Ringer was leaning against the railings, somehow smoking a cigarette despite the helmet he was wearing. He put out the bud once Giotto came over.

"Nothing too much planned today, hotshot. After the unpleasant jail visit last night, my boys wanted to take a break for today. I figured that's what they deserved for that sh**** fest yesterday." Ringer hummed, today was a good day for errands. "I got some stuff to do. I gotta pick up some money and sh** from the people around my town. You can tag along, but it's boring as hell. I could always do it another time."

"I'm glad your friends are alright." Giotto said. He didn't know if they were just partners or friends, but friends seemed a more friendly term to use. "I can tag along with such errands if you wish. It's a long way until I have to get ready for that banquet. We can do practically anything!" Giotto said as he gave a spin. A banquet. How horrid, he'd thought. Only because he would be dragged around with the father that barely comes to see him and be paraded to gain sympathy. One good thing however, he got to eat out of the dessert table and not give any questions about it. "Pick up money? People owe you money? Do you sell stuff, or do you exchange favors?" Giotto asked as he stopped his spinning and turned to the Ringer. "If you need money, it isn't that hard to get it." Giotto said, showing his gloved hands before getting them into his pocket. "A single touch of an ATM and it all comes out." Giotto said, knowing from experience. Though it was an accident. He was waiting at the bank with his father when he rested against one of the machines. The thing responded and ended up drowning the poor kid in money, and not in a good way. He had always wanted to do it again. It was fun to see the people's reactions of money coming out like water from a fountain.

Ringer immediately shook his head and raised his hand. He never stole. Even if he needed to, he would never steal money.

"Thanks, but no thanks. I got all the money I need." He said with a grin. "And to get that money, I do quite a bit of things. I do sell, and people do owe me money. The top macho mans and businesses in my town need protection from other gangs and idiots, so they use their stinkin rich money to pay me and my boys for protection. Then we use that money to help pay the dept for the poor people in town, mostly family business owners, and in turn they provide food, shelter and whatnot for us and family. It's a system that works. Now, if someone breaks the system say-" he suddenly took out his cleaver and twirled it. "Steal from the poor or hurts somebody, then well- that's when that person gets /dealt/ with."

Giotto watched and listened in awe. To someone who just tried to be a bad guy, and usually fails miserably due to being too sheltered, Ringer's way of life was tough, extreme and cool. The bad boy vibe just surrounded the area, much to Giotto's amazement, who stared at him as if he had just found a new god to adore. If his father were to find out the leader of such activity, he wouldn't allow him to get away. If he were to find out Giotto was hanging with such would make him livid. "So, you're like, an anti-hero superhero." Giotto said. He'd guessed he could be superhero, but then he would have to give up the system he currently ran. He wanted to be like that. He was ready to be, rebellious, as he thought. He suddenly grabbed Ringer's arm. "Teach me to be rebellious. I want to join your organization! I want to be the opposite of my dad!" Giotto insisted. The son of the head chief of security part of a gang? This should be fun.

"Oooh, young one wants to be rebellious? It'll take a bit more than thieving some money, turning your hat sideways and butcher boy here to become 'rebellious' as you put it." A lithe, purring voice popped in. Maelstrom came from seemingly out of nowhere, sauntering slowly towards the two of them. She blew Ringer a kiss as she bent down to little Giotto. She lifted his chin so that their faces were rather close. "Go live in the slums for a bit sweetie. Live off the streets. That'll teach you the meaning of 'rebellious' as you put it." She whispered to him. Then she placed her finger on his nose, and pushed him away from her. Maelstrom looked back to The Ringer. "Hey. You doing anything special?"

~~~~~

Nightwing walked out of the gym, having changed to his more casual wear. He glanced to his phone, and typed up a response. "I'm free for a couple hours. Civvies or costume? And give me a specific objective." He sent it off. He yawned for a second, looked to his watch, and headed for the nearest smoothie stand. Jamba Juice never got old.

~~~~~~

The Doctor looked to his door. That was odd. He wasn't expecting anybody. Was he? He looked to his wall calendar. Nope. Nobody was supposed to be here. The Doctor walked to his door, and opened it. In front of him stood a big man accompanying little Mimi. The big man's headphones confirmed his hypothesis that Jesse Jones was the leader of the gang he had met. Intriguing indeed. Was this why he had taken such an interest in him? Until he learned that man's goals, he should approach with caution. "Hello Mimi. Sir. What can I help you with today?" The Doctor inquired.

The Ringer grinned. Anti-hero superhero? He never heard that one before. It sounded hilarious, he had to admit. He wasn't no superhero, or so he thought, atleast. "Me? A superhero? Now that's funny. Who would be my sponsor, your daddy?" Suddenly Giotto grabbed his arms and expressed his desire to be rebellious, and join Ringer's Gang. The Ringer raised his brows in amusement, considering this for a moment. That would be very interesting. The chief's kid in the Cell Street Gang. Hopefully Giotto will survive the first day.

"Tell ya what." Ringer said with his city accent. "You stay with me, and I'll teach ya the way of the streets. You might even hang around with some of my boys. Once you learn your way around, and you grow on my boys, then you might just even earn yourself a sports jacket and hot pink special headphones." Suddenly, a female came out of nowhere, and tried to what, seduce Giotto of something? At first Ringer was surprised.

"Hot momma..." He thought. He quickly shook the thought out of his head.

"Now wait a minnute!" Ringer said. "Don't go try to steal away my rookie, sweet cheeks! Who are ya? And I so happen to do lots of special things! Things that hotshot here knows is rebellious, so scram."

Mimi cheered. "Hi mister Doctor!" She said, beaming. The big man rubbed the back of his head, and sighed.

"My name is Uh, Johnny and Jesse told me about you yesterday. He seemed to like ya, especially since Mimi over here loves ya, so Mimi really wanted to come and see you. Jesse told me it was okay, so howdy."

Giotto's eyes widened quickly nodding. "I won't disappoint!" Giotto smiled. He was so excited, to learn new experiences. Not the type any father would approve of, but new things besides being inside all day. As the lady appeared, she poked his nose and he almost tumbled back on his bum. "I would if I could!"Giotto responded to the suggestion of living in the street. Sure. He wouldn't last that long. But then again, with his powers he wouldn't need to worry about much now would he. He was just a lonely kid that wanted to fit in something fun for once. Turning away for a second, Giotto took out what looked like a blue compact case. He clicked it open and tapped through it. "Outfit number 7." It beeped. With a blue holographic beam comin from it, it scanned Giotto's body, his clothing changing from his normal attire to his disguise attire. (Like Akane's compact wardrobe in Psycho-Pass) Now he was NoName again. He got it away and slid right next to Ringer, looking at the lady.

"Hello then I suppose. My home is a tad unkempt at the moment, and I am unfortunately not particularly skilled in hosting guests, so perhaps you would like to take a trip Mimi? To the HERO museum or zoo possibly? Think it over whilst I address my clothing situation." The Doctor spoke easily and confidently, his voice not betraying the slight surprise he felt. The Doctor gently shut his door and hurried over to his bedroom. He threw on a rumpled button up, and an actually quite neat jacket. He looked to the mirror, splashed some water over his face, and wiped it off hurriedly. Why would Jesse trust him enough to deal with his precious sister? Perhaps because he had shown himself to be quite adequate in combat, not to mention intelligent. He also was not interested in letting the young girl come to harm. He'd let his powers become known before he let that happen. The Doctor, now at least a bit neater, rushed back to his door. This situation he was getting himself into was becoming interesting. He should probably not get any deeper. He could never forgive himself if he ended up hurting somebody else close to him....

The Doctor threw open the door, and exited his rather large home. He closed the portal behind him, and smiled at Mimi. "Well? Where to?"

~~~~~

Maelstrom smiled towards Ringer. "Heh. Jealous already? I haven't even started yet." She said in her standard seductive purr. "I happen to know that you and your boys are interested in criminal activities. Perhaps you'd like to help me with something." She said to Ringer, then looking down to Giotto. "Oh, how cute! You have a disguise too! Now, your powers are even more important for this job, and I would be quite indebted to you if you should help me out." Maelstrom said, addressing the young, up and coming villain. "As for payment... Well, it involves the death of some prominent figures that make the life of your people quite horrendous Ringer. And your reward little rebel... Let's just say that you could learn a lot about being a criminal from this work."

Mimi giggled. "I wanna go to the zoo!" She said. "I wanna see the animals! But I want to see Nightwing and the others! Aww boo it's so hard to decide."

Johnny placed his hand ontop of Mimi's head to get her attention. "Just pick one. And you best say thank you to the Doctor." He instructed.

Mimi nodded. She decided to think which was the best choice. She always saw the heroes on TV, but never animals. She really loved animals too. Once the doctor finally game out, Mimi told him her decision.

"I wanna see the animals!"

Meanwhile, Ringer stood rather protectively next to NoName. He didn't like anybody trying to steal his rookie. NoName suddenly changed, with Ringer looking rather surprised.

"Damn, do you own a spaceship too?" The newcomer tried to persuade Ringer, but he wasn't buying it too much.

"Listen, sweet cheeks." He began. "Just because you have a pretty face doesn't mean I'm goin' to trust ya right off the bat. I gotta admit what you're sayin' has me interested. But before I help you how do I know you won't throw us under the bus or stab us in the back if things go South?"

Cataclysm rested down as he dried himself with a towel. Photoshoots and commercials were never his thing. He’d been taking some college classes on the side, deciding that when he retired his life as a superhero, he’d move away from the city and hopefully become a zoologist, as he loved animals a bit too much. Then there was that banquet tonight, to which he had to attend upon Toue’s request. Not like he could deny him. He gave Cataclysm a home and a reason. “(What a pain.)” Cataclysm thought. He had homework due too. He smiled at the sunny day. It was a wonderful day indeed. “I just hope things don’t get too exciting.”

NoName smiled a bit at the question. “Nah. That’s for Christmas.” NoName said jokingly. Of course, this type of technology wasn’t even out yet within the city. This was a present from his father straight from the country of Japan, where they were still pending on a release date. He turned back to the two. As expected, Ringer was trying to get more information of the situation before accepting such deals. He wondered if his skills would be needed for this one. Maybe. He could easily speak to the systems to get rid of security, or distract it. Plus he had influence.

{Gauss}

David checked his phone the instant her heard the text tone. He frowned a little, then put down his phone to work on his computer for a few minutes more. He didn't have any concrete leads at the beginning, but a little digging suggested a local pawn shop owner as MacMillan's explosives vendor. With that nugget, he pulled out his phone again and texted Dick back.

<Costume. I have a line on a possible supplier for the explosives used. I'll have more details when you get here. And if you find any random heroing opportunities when you and Shiva are out there, it might do her good.>

{Shiva}

Amita took a long shower as she tried to make sense of it all. She couldn't believe that her father was some sort of black ops hero. But then, how did his name get on that document? Was it a typo? Another guy with the same name? After maybe ten minutes of circular reasoning, she resolved to get Gauss to show her the document.

"If he can." She thought.

Amita wasn't that familiar with Gauss, other then by reputation. He had once given her a tip on a robbery that he said he was too busy to get to, but that was one phone call. He seemed to like keeping most of the other heroes at arms length.

"Now, he's my best chance at finding who killed my Dad." She mused.

After she turned off the water, she got out of the shower to alarmingly find that her outfit was gone, and a sweat suit left in its place. She hastily put it on, trying to figure out what had happened to her suit, which vanished without her noticing. Once she stepped out of the bathroom, she was met by Gauss's medic, Antonio.

"Your outfit was taken by the cleaning staff for repair and, well, cleaning." The gruff physician explained abruptly. "It should be up when you are done eating."

"Oh." Amita said, not sure what else to do. "Um, thanks."

Antonio simple nodded, then walked away. Amita walked to the mini kitchen, wondering how a NEXT hero got this kind of treatment and if she could get some of that action.