Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
BrightHero

Guys I need Feedback

First off, welcome to the forum :D

Now, as for your question...

It's good you have such a good opinion about Kingdom Hearts :)

But it might be a bit too dificult to be able to work for Square Enix :/

You could try and contact them with your works, and see what they say :)

Well I was thinking Nomura might not pay it attention since there are works already being made about KH. This thought is what is preventing me. But then again this should be something I would want to do for myself.

Well I was thinking Nomura might not pay it attention since there are works already being made about KH. This thought is what is preventing me. But then again this should be something I would want to do for myself.

Think like this: might as well try then not trying xD

Who knows, maybe you'll get lucky :)

Hi, I'm pretty new myself!

Personally, I like basically everything KH-related, so I'm all for it. It might be difficult if you want to create an officially endorsed story, but if you're just doing it for fun and for yourself, I would love to read it.

As in officially? Sorry to say, but I don't see the likelihood of that happening. Squeenix is a huge company and even if they want to make an officially endorsed novel, it'd be 1) written originally in Japanese since Squeenix is a Japanese company that localizes their stuff to other countries, and 2) written by someone trustworthy, who would most likely be an already-established author. If this project means that much to you, you can always make it a fanfic to bypass all that production and legal mumbo jumbo, but there are already plenty of fics that novelize the game. If you can put your own spin on the fic to stand out, then go for it.

Well I did not mean to literally make a deal with enix or anything. But would there be a way I could even publish it should I write? I don't have to partner with Tetsuya or anything but I know for sure I'd have to get his approval. But again the novels are already being created....

Well I did not mean to literally make a deal with enix or anything. But would there be a way I could even publish it should I write? I don't have to partner with Tetsuya or anything but I know for sure I'd have to get his approval. But again the novels are already being created....

You'd also have to get Disney's approval, and good luck with that. I hear those guys do not mess around when it comes to using their property. I can only imagine what sort of legal hoops Nomura and Squeenix needed to jump through just to make KH possible. Unfortunately I'm just not seeing how you can get it published. Wouldn't making it a simple fanfiction be good enough? There are lots of well-written and relatively popular fics out there. If you have the writing skills and the effort to pull it off, you can totally get it out there -- maybe just not as a book you can sell in stores.

What's more important? People seeing your work, or selling it? They're not mutually exclusive, but considering we're talking about using someone else's property...

All of this is true but I feel that the only way to get my work out there for everyone to read and enjoy would be to publish it! :/

Fanfiction.net is a huge archive and the vast majority of popular fics are posted there. In a sense, posting it there is publishing, kinda. I don't want to discourage you, but I'm asking you to be realistic about what it is you can actually do writing about other peoples' creations. If you were talking about your own original story, I'd be behind you 100 percent (unless you were making the next 50 Shades of Grey -- then I'd have to ask you very very nicely to stop). But you're talking about Kingdom Hearts here, its own franchise with its own manga and soon-to-be translated novels.

Welcome to KH13!

I don't think it's likely that you'll be able to make a book series based off of KH. It's owned by Disney/Square Enix so you'd have to have their permission, and they've been much sticking solely to the games and Japan-only productions like the manga and novels to expand the storyline. I think the best scenario for you is to take the ideas and themes you have for a KH series and put those into an original work you can publish and manage on your own if you want to sell it.

edit: though if you want to keep the KH stuff intact, you can also post it on any fanfiction sites like fanfiction.net, as Dracozombie above me suggested

Edited by J. Severe