Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
FerroAxel7

KH2 My Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix Review

Solid review, Ferro. Though, I've always felt that the complaints about Type-B cutscenes were unfounded, though. Given just how much they put in the games, you can't expect every cutscene to be fully animated and voice-acted. Plus, that just elevates the Type-A cutscenes to me.

Absolutely agree about the OST. Love every song, they did fantastic with it.

Also, yes, Atlantica is dumb. 

Edited by Kaweebo

Solid review, Ferro. Though, I've always felt that the complaints about Type-B cutscenes were unfounded, though. Given just how much they put in the games, you can't expect every cutscene to be fully animated and voice-acted. Plus, that just elevates the Type-A cutscenes to me.

Absolutely agree about the OST. Love every song, they did fantastic with it.

Also, yes, Atlantica is dumb. 

I'm glad you agree for the most part. There was hardly anything I could find that I had a problem with; it was an unbiased opinion. I am for from a gaming journalist so I'm sure I missed a few cons with the game I didn't catch. 

Reasonable review, though a little harsh on Atlantica.The type B cutscenes are easier on the hardware, I bet. Plus they are easier to localiser without worrying about timing.

To each their own. I'm sure some fans appreciate Atlantica. 

Yeah I'm sure it is a lot easier for a developer to include Type B cutscenes, most games have them anyway. 

I'm glad you agree for the most part. There was hardly anything I could find that I had a problem with; it was an unbiased opinion. I am for from a gaming journalist so I'm sure I missed a few cons with the game I didn't catch. 

Well, the lack of characters populating the worlds is still a valid complaint, if still a nitpick. Not like the Square team can do anything about it now, but when Aladdin goes 'That's why I come here, to the town. All the people, all the action. There's always something going on!" and the camera pans on a dirt road with nobody in it, that kind of says something. 

Also, it's only slightly jarring, but because the Final Mix cutscenes are being dubbed 8 years later than they were made, the voice quality and even the actors' performances themselves are a little bit different. Actually, BBSFM's Final Episode cutscene has a later scene with young Sora and Riku that they clearly got new kids to have to play the two characters, since obviously, the kids who voiced them in the first place are a couple years older. Not KHII, but thought I'd mention it.

Edited by Kaweebo

I'm in complete agreement with your review. I too found it slightly annoying how long the delay would be to get into a drive form. Like, I'd just be sitting there for a good 10 seconds, especially if I was grinding the form I was using (it especially irked me when I'd go into Valor mode because while it was taking forever, the other party member would be taking away some of my experience because you know, Valor levels up depending on how many hits you land). 

Well, the lack of characters populating the worlds is still a valid complaint, if still a nitpick. Not like the Square team can do anything about it now, but when Aladdin goes 'That's why I come here, to the town. All the people, all the action. There's always something going on!" and the camera pans on a dirt road with nobody in it, that kind of says something. 

Also, it's only slightly jarring, but because the Final Mix cutscenes are being dubbed 8 years later than they were made, the voice quality and even the actors' performances themselves are a little bit different. Actually, BBSFM's Final Episode cutscene has a later scene with young Sora and Riku that they clearly got new kids to have to play the two characters, since obviously, the kids who voiced them in the first place are a couple years older. Not KHII, but thought I'd mention it.

I'm really glad you did mention it because when Zack says "Listen to that crowd! You're their hero, whether you like it or not." And it pans to empty stands...I was perplexed no doubt. I'm actually kind of glad there's not a lot NPCs because I like the feeling of having the world to myself? Call me strange but it's me. 

It would be hilarious if the two voices for Riku and Sora were both spanish. "Eyyy Senor Sora! Are you going to the main islands, ese?" 

I'm in complete agreement with your review. I too found it slightly annoying how long the delay would be to get into a drive form. Like, I'd just be sitting there for a good 10 seconds, especially if I was grinding the form I was using (it especially irked me when I'd go into Valor mode because while it was taking forever, the other party member would be taking away some of my experience because you know, Valor levels up depending on how many hits you land). 

Thanks for agreeing with me! Valor form was the easiest to level up, and this delay made it sooo difficult if you didn't change then pause. Btw I love your picture Hahahaha! 

Well, the lack of characters populating the worlds is still a valid complaint, if still a nitpick. Not like the Square team can do anything about it now, but when Aladdin goes 'That's why I come here, to the town. All the people, all the action. There's always something going on!" and the camera pans on a dirt road with nobody in it, that kind of says something.  Also, it's only slightly jarring, but because the Final Mix cutscenes are being dubbed 8 years later than they were made, the voice quality and even the actors' performances themselves are a little bit different. Actually, BBSFM's Final Episode cutscene has a later scene with young Sora and Riku that they clearly got new kids to have to play the two characters, since obviously, the kids who voiced them in the first place are a couple years older. Not KHII, but thought I'd mention it.

That scene in Final.Episode is from the original BBS.

That scene in Final.Episode is from the original BBS.

It is? Huh. I could have sworn it was FM-exclusive. Must've been my imagination, then. I wasn't able to unlock the final episode in time on my PSP since it broke before I was able to.