Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shulk

Image Red Isn't The Best Pokemon Trainer

Idk we don't know if Gold cannonicaly beat Red since we don't have a sequel to use as a point of reference. Also Red stopped Team Rocket three times as well one at Mt. Moon one at Rocket Game Corner, and of course Silph Co.

Idk we don't know if Gold cannonicaly beat Red since we don't have a sequel to use as a point of reference. Also Red stopped Team Rocket three times as well one at Mt. Moon one at Rocket Game Corner, and of course Silph Co.

I didn't make the picture, so I couldn't include anything about Red's other battles with Team Rocket. :/ I'd still say it's canon that Gold defeated Red, though, considering that it is a part of his game's storyline. There isn't a sequel to reference that from, but regardless, it did occur in the game.

It's Cynthia

Cynthia's one of the best, but I wouldn't put her at the #1 trainer spot. We don't know enough about her to really say that. For all we know, she's never even faced a legendary Pokemon on her own. She usually just kind of watched Lucas/Dawn do their own thing, while helping them on occasion.

But she only ever got 8 badges. And never fought the previous best trainers.

let's not forget she had trouble opening up a pokeball

I didn't make the picture, so I couldn't include anything about Red's other battles with Team Rocket. :/ I'd still say it's canon that Gold defeated Red, though, considering that it is a part of his game's storyline. There isn't a sequel to reference that from, but regardless, it did occur in the game. Cynthia's one of the best, but I wouldn't put her at the #1 trainer spot. We don't know enough about her to really say that. For all we know, she's never even faced a legendary Pokemon on her own. She usually just kind of watched Lucas/Dawn do their own thing, while helping them on occasion.

Idk I always I am iffy on the canon sequence of events due to the lack of acknowledgement in game. Especially in the case with things like beating the Elite Four and the Champion. In fact ORAS was the first time we were regarded as Champion after beating the E4. Red always reappeared after beating the Elite Four so in my head I took as Gold coming to repeatedly challenge Red. The things I took for cannon is Gold meeting the dog trio( specifically Suicune) Ho-oh, and Celebi as well as collecting 16 badges.

Idk I always I am iffy on the canon sequence of events due to the lack of acknowledgement in game. Especially in the case with things like beating the Elite Four and the Champion. In fact ORAS was the first time we were regarded as Champion after beating the E4. Red always reappeared after beating the Elite Four so in my head I took as Gold coming to repeatedly challenge Red. The things I took for cannon is Gold meeting the dog trio( specifically Suicune) Ho-oh, and Celebi as well as collecting 16 badges.

I can see why you'd say that. I've always considered the first battle with Red to be canon, though. It's kind of like how you can battle the Elite Four multiple times, and the first is still considered canon. The way I see it, battling Red is still part of Gold's journey, so I've always considered it canon. And people say Pokemon has no story...

I can see why you'd say that. I've always considered the first battle with Red to be canon, though. It's kind of like how you can battle the Elite Four multiple times, and the first is still considered canon. The way I see it, battling Red is still part of Gold's journey, so I've always considered it canon. And people say Pokemon has no story...

Yeah but Gold didn't show up in Black and White 2 for the PWT in the Champions Tournament so that still leaves me with some doubt.

Yeah but Gold didn't show up in Black and White 2 for the PWT in the Champions Tournament so that still leaves me with some doubt.

I think they only really brought Red back for gameplay purposes, since he was already battled in HG/SS and it was easy to copy that over. xD That is a good point, though. Slightly off-topic, but I'd love to fight some of the past protagonists aside from Red. They should have had their own section in the PWT.

I think they only really brought Red back for gameplay purposes, since he was already battled in HG/SS and it was easy to copy that over. xD That is a good point, though. Slightly off-topic, but I'd love to fight some of the past protagonists aside from Red. They should have had their own section in the PWT.

I have dream where one day I play a game where we have to battle all the protagonists from every region to obtain the title of Pokemon Master. Edited by devereauxr

I have dream where one day I play a game where we have to battle all the protagonists from every region to obtain the title of Pokemon Master.

That would be the best way to finish a Pokemon game ever. I've always wanted something along those lines to actually happen in the main series. I was honestly kind of disappointed that the player couldn't battle Hilbert/Hilda in B2/W2, that would have been fantastic.

That would be the best way to finish a Pokemon game ever. I've always wanted something along those lines to actually happen in the main series. I was honestly kind of disappointed that the player couldn't battle Hilbert/Hilda in B2/W2, that would have been fantastic.

Yeah a Zekrom vs Reshiram showdown would have been awesome!

Yeah a Zekrom vs Reshiram showdown would have been awesome!

(Didn't see this notification for some reason...)

I didn't even think of that possibility! That would be a great final battle. We kind of got that with N though, if I remember correctly (Been a while since I played White 2).

(Didn't see this notification for some reason...) I didn't even think of that possibility! That would be a great final battle. We kind of got that with N though, if I remember correctly (Been a while since I played White 2).

Yeah but definitely would have been cooler with the two chosen protagonists. It's weird that Hugo wasn't there because his Mom definitely said he went off to look for N.