Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Sora96's Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX Review

Good review! Sums up my thoughts on the collection aswell. I agree 100% about the weird loading times, especially the drive forms taking a long time. That did get pretty annoying at points.

I thought they were good, but okay.

Fantastic review! In reference to loading times, specifically with drives and d-links, I've read (and agree) that it had something to do with the game being on bluray. Bluray discs have slower read speeds than DVD's, even though they can store much more information at a higher quality. 2.5 has hardly any install data, which could have greatly fixed those load times. Sora96, since you never played bbq on psp, you might not know that the original game had an option for you to install several hundred megabytes to your storage for improved gameplay.

This is actually one of the first reviews I've seen that wrote positively about the re: coded cutscenes. And I agree! They really are well done. Could the 3 hours of scenes be told in about 30 minutes? Yes, but they are well put together and honestly more fun to watch than playing the game was...

I thought they were good, but okay.

They took way too long, I thought load times in terms of triggering a cut scene was... serviceable not great. Drive forms took sometimes 4 odd seconds to load, that doesn't seem long but when you're in battle it can be an issue. It should be instantaneous or atleast shorter than it is. Apart from that it's a great collection.

Sora96, since you never played bbq on psp, you might not know that the original game had an option for you to install several hundred megabytes to your storage for improved gameplay.

I actually did know that, I think it was a lot of data. Haha.

They took way too long, I thought load times in terms of triggering a cut scene was... serviceable not great. Drive forms took sometimes 4 odd seconds to load, that doesn't seem long but when you're in battle it can be an issue. It should be instantaneous or atleast shorter than it is. Apart from that it's a great collection.

Pretty much especially since it was mostly instantaneous in the Ps2 version 

I literally didn't even notice. It's not a problem in the least unless you are severely impatient, but that comes down to opinion. 

Edited by soravids

I actually did know that, I think it was a lot of data. Haha.

Cool. I assumed you did haha but just in case, I wanted to mention it. I think you had multiple options: no install, 400 MB install or 800 MB install. I wish they had done a bigger install for 2.5, but nevertheless, it is a wonderful game.