Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Exiblade7

I think I can handle zelda u being a non-linear game

At first I was against the idea that zelda u should be an open world game. I know it's been confirmed though, but now I think that zelda u is going to be a good game without any type of linearity in it. The game might be just like minecraft and skyrim, where the game is so opened and barely has any story(I doubt that zelda u will not have a story and I know that minecraft doesn't have a story at all) that people won't care about it, or won't even think about it. I think this sometimes happens with all games that don't have their primary focus in story. I like linear games more than open world games, but I'm trying to open myself up so I can enjoy non-linear games. :)

Edited by Toon Link

Zelda games have always been borderline open world anyway (look at Windwaker or Link Between Worlds, fer crissake). I'm all for them fully embracing the concept and making a fully open world to explore, though I do worry about story too- with so much to do and see in your typical open world game, it's easy to get lost in all the side content and forget there's even a story at all.

Zelda games have always been borderline open world anyway (look at Windwaker or Link Between Worlds, fer crissake). I'm all for them fully embracing the concept and making a fully open world to explore, though I do worry about story too- with so much to do and see in your typical open world game, it's easy to get lost in all the side content and forget there's even a story at all.

Yeah, the lack of story in those kinds of games is literally like the only problem I have with non-linear games. The other open-world stuff in video games I really like because I'm actually doing something. 

Seeing that it's Zelda, I don't really think that lack of a story will be much of an issue. (Sidequesting and exploration do eat up a lot of time though xP)

Also, one thing they could do is ditch dungeon order (like in the original Zelda and kind of in ALBW), so you can explore where you want and at your own pace.

Seeing that it's Zelda, I don't really think that lack of a story will be much of an issue. (Sidequesting and exploration do eat up a lot of time though xP)

Also, one thing they could do is ditch dungeon order (like in the original Zelda and kind of in ALBW), so you can explore where you want and at your own pace.

Skyward Sword is one of those zelda titles that are really linear and has a bunch of story it in and I personally love it because it has so much story in it. I'm glad Skyward Sword is the way it is because I may not see another title like it. Open world zelda games are cool, but they are not my favorite kinds of video games. 

Edited by Toon Link

I got a question that might sound stupid

Did they confirm that Zelda U will be in Hyrule or in another land(a.l.a Termina and Skyloft)?

I think they actually didn't confirm it yet. I think they called the world in zelda u, the vast world or something like that. I don't really remember what the Aonuma said it is. 

I think they actually didn't confirm it yet. I think they called the world in zelda u, the vast world or something like that. I don't really remember what the Aonuma said it is. 

Well they described it as a vast world but didn't say any name for it

It's likely to be Hyrule but I won't mind if it was somewhere else

Well they described it as a vast world but didn't say any name for it

It's likely to be Hyrule but I won't mind if it was somewhere else

me either, or it could take place in multiple countries including hyrule since we got to see how big the vast world could be in the zelda u footage that was shown earlier this month. 

Edited by Toon Link

I got a question that might sound stupid

Did they confirm that Zelda U will be in Hyrule or in another land(a.l.a Termina and Skyloft)?

they're just calling it the new world of Zelda, so no confirmed name yet, not that that means much, they rarely actually call the world Hyrule before the game is released

Given the geography though, this seems to be Hyrule

they're just calling it the new world of Zelda, so no confirmed name yet, not that that means much, they rarely actually call the world Hyrule before the game is released

Given the geography though, this seems to be Hyrule

Umm yes they did call every world before Hyrule except in Majora's Mask,Link's Awakening and Skyward Sword(And maybe Wind Waker) for example.Those three take place in other worlds completely separate from Hyrule and if I remember correctly they did mention in those games that they weren't in Hyrule.

Anyway this might be Hyrule but there is a slight chance it might not be

Umm yes they did call every world before Hyrule except in Majora's Mask,Link's Awakening and Skyward Sword(And maybe Wind Waker) for example.Those three take place in other worlds completely separate from Hyrule and if I remember correctly they did mention in those games that they weren't in Hyrule.

Anyway this might be Hyrule but there is a slight chance it might not be

I... the

did you read my post? I said before it gets released

they rarely focus on the name of the world, unless it doesn't take place in Hyrule

I... the

did you read my post? I said before it gets released

they rarely focus on the name of the world, unless it doesn't take place in Hyrule

Yes I read it and you said they usually don't reveal it before the game's release....which isn't true.I know the name isn't the focus but still

Yes I read it and you said they usually don't reveal it before the game's release....which isn't true.I know the name isn't the focus but still

they only call attention to it if there's some sort of subversion