Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Firaga

Sora, Riku, & Kairi Receive Keyblade Armor?

We don't have much information on what type of new or returning gameplay elements will return in KHIII, aside from Sora using Keyblade transformations where he can turn his Keyblade into guns and whatnot. Drive Forms are being speculated, but frankly, I don't see them returning at all.

However, there's one thing I would like to see in KHIII, if its possible in any way shape or form: Keyblade Armor.

In BBS, Keyblade Armor was worn by all three of our protagonists Terra, Aqua, and Ventus. Considering Sora is going to restore them all (or at least one or two of them), I think it would be sort of nice little "passing the torch" thing for Sora, as well as Riku and Kairi because this is a three person deal, to get their own set of armor. Plus considering Sora's new ability to transform his Keyblade, it goes along well with TAV's abilities to do that in BBS. On a side note, this could possibly hint at Sora being able use the Keyblade Glider instead of going by Gummi Ship. Now I know that sounds dumb, considering that he's perfectly fine riding in a Gummi with Donald and Goofy... but screw it, I don't like Gummi Ship gameplay, so I couldn't give two shits. :/ Hell, the time spent making up those stupid Gummi missions could be better served working on other more important gameplay elements or even making more worlds for us to visit.

Another reason I think SRK should have armor is... well, the armor looks cool. Really cool. If you can't at least agree with me on that, then I don't even know what to tell you, because it is. That, and its a sign of maturity for all three of them. Sora and Riku especially have been busting their balls for the past seven games, especially during the last game in DDD. I think they deserve to rock some armor for their troubles, plus it might go along with Yen Sid's agenda for Sora and Riku to wield the Keyblade "the right way". I wouldn't say Kairi deserves it, especially since she's puke green in terms of combat as of right now, but even so, Ventus was pretty much puke green compared to Terra and Aqua and he still got armor, so why not give some to Kairi too? It might even help her establish a firm standing with the other two considering that, again, she's green.

In any case, this could go either way. I wouldn't mind at all if we saw this happening. 

Especiallysincethere'snoexcusefornotgivingthemcapeseither.

So what do you guys think? Yay or nay?

Maybe if they have capes it'll be good

but honestly the armour is just a metal version of Organization XIII cloaks, it's not exactly spectacular

Sora's had plenty of different costumes over the years, so design-wise I don't see a problem, though personally I think the revised keyblade armour designs in BBS look awful

So either way, not really hung up on it

Since King Mickey doesn't look like he'll be wearing any armor (despite training under Yen Sid) I doubt Sora, Kairi, and Riku will be wearing any as well. If anything I could see them wearing Organization XIII cloaks instead though they don't need them when they have the gummi ships.

Plus the armor thing looks to be exclusive to Master Eraqus and his pupils anyway and I'd prefer it stay that way. They can keep their dumb overrated armor to themselves thanks. xD

Edited by Mirr0rVS13

It'd be awesome if Sora, Riku and Kairi received the power to don Keyblade Armor!  That would be majorly badass!  And I think these pictures I found on Google can more or less give us a clear view of how they'd look in said armor!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Like I said, it'd be badass if Sora, Riku and Kairi could have their own Keyblade Armor!  And it wouldn't be bad if they learned how to turn their Keyblades into Keyblade Gliders too!  Gah, one can only hope! :3