Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Soravids

About an FF7 remake...

Were you happy with Square's PC version of FF7 being ported to PS4?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Did you want a remake or are you happy with the port?

• I'm not happy with the port at all... It needs a remake!
    • I'd rather have a remake, but oh well. At least we got the port.
    • A remake isn't needed. Enjoy the port.
    • I'm not happy with either. Remake 8 or 9.
    • I'm not happy with either. Port 8 or 9.

LOL. The problems with this:

They can port VII, VIII and IX whenever they want. They don't have to just port one and I'd expect VIII's PC version to follow. IX is up to Ito.

The simple problem with remaking any of the three is that it would take a massive budget and a lot of resources. Basically you'd be taking away the team making XVI to remake IX. And whatever division 1 is making wouldn't happen if you wanted VII or VIII to be remade.

So keep that in mind, do you want remakes and only a couple new console titles this gen from Square Enix Japan or would they like a fair few?

Or another take of this:

Throughout the PS4/X1 gen:

Division 1: VII remake

Division 2: XV and XV-2

Division 3: KH3

Division 4: New Dissidia

Division 5: XIV

Division 6: Dragon Quest XI

Division 7: Some random low budget title/s

Division 8: IX remake

Division 9 & 10 are mobile

Division 11 & 12 are web browser

Would you honestly want only that for the entire generation?

Or would you rather something like this?

Division 1: New title from Toriyama & Kitase - could be X-3, VII-2 or something else altogether for PS4 & Xbox One
Division 8: XVI - 17 times the size of Skyrim

LOL. The problems with this:

They can port VII, VIII and IX whenever they want. They don't have to just port one and I'd expect VIII's PC version to follow. IX is up to Ito.

The simple problem with remaking any of the three is that it would take a massive budget and a lot of resources. Basically you'd be taking away the team making XVI to remake IX. And whatever division 1 is making wouldn't happen if you wanted VII or VIII to be remade.

So keep that in mind, do you want remakes and only a couple new console titles this gen from Square Enix Japan or would they like a fair few?

Or another take of this:

Throughout the PS4/X1 gen:

Division 1: VII remake

Division 8: IX remake

Would you honestly want only that for the entire generation?

Or would you rather something like this?

Division 1: New title from Toriyama & Kitase - could be X-3, VII-2 or something else altogether for PS4 & Xbox One
Division 8: XVI - 17 times the size of Skyrim

Actually the first list looks a lot better than the second. Like really better.

Actually the first list looks a lot better than the second. Like really better.

You'd rather play remakes of VII and IX than a XVI that's 17 times the size of Skyrim and a brand new title that could be X-3 or VII-2? That's kinda sad, you should want new experiences.

You'd rather play remakes of VII and IX than a XVI that's 17 times the size of Skyrim and a brand new title that could be X-3 or VII-2? That's kinda sad, you should want new experiences.

What I want is what I want. There is no "should" for you would want. Yes, I would take VII and IX remakes over XVI any day of the week. 17 times bigger than Skyrim or not.

I would like to have a VII remaster, too! But only really VII. Sora96 has a point. I'd much rather have XVI and whatever MMO comes out this gen rather than IX and VIII.

I think VII would take quite a bit of resources, but I'd rather they do that over a random low-budget title.

I would like to have a VII remaster, too! But only really VII. Sora96 has a point. I'd much rather have XVI and whatever MMO comes out this gen rather than IX and VIII.

I think VII would take quite a bit of resources, but I'd rather they do that over a random low-budget title.

That's you. But for someone who's played and loved VII and IX, I'd love remake. Many fans would agree for VII. I don't think too many agree with 96, but that's me.

Edited by soravids

VII remaster isn't possible. There won't be another MMO, Toriyama & Kitase are working on a single-player game.

You can't develop a big budget title in a small division.

That's you. But for someone who's played and loved VII and IX, I'd love remake. Many fans would agree for VII. I don't think too many agree with 96, but that's me.

You go ask all these fans who want a VII remake if they'd be happy to have Toriyama direct a VII remake and have Toriyama & Kitase's only game this gen on PS4 & Xbox One being that remake.

VII remaster isn't possible. There won't be another MMO, Toriyama & Kitase are working on a single-player game.

You can't develop a big budget title in a small division.

You go ask all these fans who want a VII remake if they'd be happy to have Toriyama direct a VII remake and have Toriyama & Kitase's only game this gen on PS4 & Xbox One being that remake.

A good deal of them would gladly take that.

This video sums up my opnion about remaking FFVII.

I don't like VII much, but it would be disappointing for many people who do care about it.

IX is my second favorite FF, but I do rathar wait for it.

I am just happy that my favorite FF already have a remake.

Edited by Darth Hydra

I seriously doubt that, I bet most of them don't like Toriyama. Toriyama gets a shit ton of hate from fans outside of Japan.

If that's so then why are people so angered about Square trolling us at PS experience?

If you ever play VII I think you feel differently.

Already told you I'm getting the PS4 port. And no, I won't. Because like many others I don't believe they need remakes and would much rather play new games.

Already told you I'm getting the PS4 port. And no, I won't. Because like many others I don't believe they need remakes and would much rather play new games.

So you don't think Re:CoM was good? And you were looking forward to KH2.5 and X/X-2 HD. Why's that? Thought you'd "much rather a new game."

Edited by soravids

So you don't think Re:CoM was good? And you were looking forward to KH2.5 and X/X-2 HD. Why's that? Thought you'd "much rather a new game."

It was okay, honestly would have preferred Birth by Sleep sooner and on PS2 though. Ports are completely different, since look we got Lightning Returns at the same time as X/X-2.

It was okay, honestly would have preferred Birth by Sleep sooner and on PS2 though. Ports are completely different, since look we got Lightning Returns at the same time as X/X-2.

Still. If we all only wanted new experiences, Re:CoM, Re: Coded, 1.5, 2.5, FF X/X2 HD and Type 0 HD wouldn't exist. We'd still need a gameboy for CoM and Coded would be non existent.

Edited by soravids

Still. If we all only wanted new experiences, Re:CoM, Re: Coded, 1.5, 2.5, FF X/X2 HD and Type 0 HD wouldn't exist. We'd still need a gameboy for CoM and Coded would be non existent.

I have no issues with ports. Ports are amazing since you can outsource them and have them done in a short period of time whilst still making a great new game like Lightning Returns.

Some remakes are fine but it really depends on your reasoning, budget and the team developing it. In the case of Re:coded you've got a need to make it available worldwide, it's a low budget title and you can outsource it to h.a.n.d who developed 358/2 Days. That ticks all the boxes.

I have no issues with ports. Ports are amazing since you can outsource them and have them done in a short period of time whilst still making a great new game like Lightning Returns.

Some remakes are fine but it really depends on your reasoning, budget and the team developing it. In the case of Re:coded you've got a need to make it available worldwide, it's a low budget title and you can outsource it to h.a.n.d who developed 358/2 Days. That ticks all the boxes.

Then outsource the VII remake. :P