Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Soravids

The real reason Square won't remake FF7?

Why won't Square remake FF7!?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Why won't Square remake FF7!?

• They're allergic to large amouts of money.
    • They prefer to not sell more than 3 million copies of a game.
    • They fear they would have no where in their wallets to store the MASSIVE amounts of money they would make.
    • They're waiting for the right time.
    • They prefer to make new games.
    • Trolling the fans is fun!!

Because their management sucks and they're disorganized as firetruck. And I wouldn't trust them to remake FFVI or FFIV properly. Let alone FFVII.

Seriously, these are the people who have spent around 8 Years making FFXV back when it was called FFVSXIII and are still not finished.

They know that people would be royally cheesed off at whatever the final product is. After FFXIII, they know how divisive the fans can be, and that franchise loyalty and nostalgia isn't a guaranteed selling tool.

And because of THAT they know it won't sell three million copies so number 2.

Because a full scale remake would take years and tons of manpower and they would have to put on hold or cancel KH 3 and FF XV for a game that came out years ago and's still selling as it is.

Edited by bat12

Because their management sucks and they're disorganized as firetruck. And I wouldn't trust them to remake FFVI or FFIV properly. Let alone FFVII.

Seriously, these are the people who have spent around 8 Years making FFXV back when it was called FFVSXIII and are still not finished.

They're done with IV.

Nomura screwed up, he was moved on. Reset the count to 2012 when Tabata joined the project.

Posted Image

Plus they're focusing on XV right now. And only division 1 could do it.

They're done with IV.

Nomura screwed up, he was moved on. Reset the count to 2012 when Tabata joined the project.

Posted Image

Plus they're focusing on XV right now. And only division 1 could do it.

That's not my point. My point is I flat out do not trust them to do a FFVII remake well.

Did you like the XIII trilogy?

Haven't played them but I know of their bad stigma as being the games that nearly ruined FF.

I do randomly own XIII-2 for some reason...

From what I have seen and heard, they are not worth it. Especially Lightning Returns.

Haven't played them but I know of their bad stigma as being the games that nearly ruined FF.

I do randomly own XIII-2 for some reason...

From what I have seen and heard, they are not worth it. Especially Lightning Returns.

Personally, I enjoyed it a lot. But the division that made the XIII trilogy would be the ones remaking VII.

Personally, I enjoyed it a lot. But the division that made the XIII trilogy would be the ones remaking VII.

Well, I'm glad you did.

And there's the problem: People no longer trust Division 1 to get the Job done.

And I hate Cloud's current character compared to his FFVII original.

Well, I'm glad you did.

And there's the problem: People no longer trust Division 1 to get the Job done.

And I hate Cloud's current character compared to his FFVII original.

Division 1 is my favourite division, and yeah I'd rather they not remake VII because I've had to see the crap they got for XIII and I'd rather not see that on new levels with a VII remake plus I'd much rather play a new game such as a X-3.

Because a full scale remake would take years and tons of manpower and they would have to put on hold or cancel KH 3 and FF XV for a game that came out years ago and's still selling as it is.

The teams making XV and KH3 would have nothing to do with it. Lol.

Well there's already a remake for FFIV, and it's actually good.

It's kind of sitting on the throne, laughing on 6 and 7.

Hydra want to do share share

Riki share share faster than Hydra

(Sorry for my bad noponish, lol)

Edited by Darth Hydra

Hydra want to do share shareRiki share share faster than Hydra(Sorry for my bad noponish, lol)

Riki forgive Hy-hy. Riki know Nopon not easy for Hom-hom, so don't worry! Riki super happy Hy-hy try!

The teams making XV and KH3 would have nothing to do with it. Lol.

You don't seem to have an inkling of an idea of the way the business works.Remastering FF7 to HD will take:Codersmodeler'sstory editors (the story is out of date, so it would need an update.)Scene coordinatorsdirector'sline writersVoice castBeta testersand more.Since it is literally making a game from scratch that is already made, and with their poor management skills, they would need both teams and more to do it. Especially to make it even a fifth as good as the original people who played it want it to be. They don't have the money or the resources at the moment to handle basically trying to remake what many consider a masterpiece. In easy terms, it would be like a team of monkies trying to recreate the Final Fantasy equipment Sistine Chapel and the Mona Lisa in one day to FF6 fanboys.

Here's what I think a lot of people don't get

FF7 ha a lot of content

Most old games have lots of content

Because content was cheap

Do you remember the old FF7 ads? They brag about how the game has so much content that it'd be impossible to make

Never mind the level of quality fans would demand

No matter how it turns out, people would hate it