Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Exiblade7

Ideas on how Zelda U could tell its story

This is just speculation and NONE of this has been confirmed in zelda u yet. 

I think it's possible that zelda u MIGHT have it's story scattered across the world of hyrule in zelda u. then I think it's possible that Zelda U's story is going to be unorthodox, which could mean that players are going to have to connect the events of the game like a puzzle.

Here's another idea of mine that MAY be in zelda u. You know when you finish a dungeon or two in A Link Between Worlds, a cutscene pops up for a few minutes to advance the story,well I think that could happen in zelda u because zelda u is going to borrow ideas from A Link Between Worlds, which borrowed ideas from the first zelda. Zelda u is going to also borrow ideas from the wind waker hd.

Here's one last idea I have that zelda u could have. Remember the awesome sidequests in Majora's Mask that toke place at different times during the three days 3 days Link was in Termina, well zelda u may be like that. .I'm not saying that zelda u is going to be exacly like Majora's Mask, but borrow a few ideas from the game.In zelda u there could be an event that may happen only in a specific part of the day. The game may not warn you about the event, but will still do the event anyways. It may happen when you are on an adventure, in a dungeon etc.

Edited by Toon Link

My guess is the game will still have a very linear story, I can't see Nintendo straying far from their established formula. More likely they'll use the open world gimmick to trick people into thinking it's more different than it really is, like they did with ALBW

The structure will probably focus on a narrative at the beginning, and then at every moment where you're funneled into a specific area that you couldn't access before etting a certain item (like wherever the Master Sword is, Hyrule Castle, Ganon's Tower, and whatever other important areas there are)

My guess is the game will still have a very linear story, I can't see Nintendo straying far from their established formula. More likely they'll use the open world gimmick to trick people into thinking it's more different than it really is, like they did with ALBW

The structure will probably focus on a narrative at the beginning, and then at every moment where you're funneled into a specific area that you couldn't access before etting a certain item (like wherever the Master Sword is, Hyrule Castle, Ganon's Tower, and whatever other important areas there are)

This is the kind of thing that bothers me about their formula. It's the most likely approach to Zelda on the Wii U and it's a terrible idea. They just can't sacrifice their formula in order to make a better, more exciting game. This is the reason a Zelda game has failed to be extremely enjoyable and satisfying every time ever since Twilight Princess. The Wind Waker actually tried to break from the formula, but due to its original treatment, the formula reverted. But now, it's considered a classic and even received a HD remaster. People are becoming more open to new ideas and formulas, and the Wii U is the perfect console to take this chance with.

This is the kind of thing that bothers me about their formula. It's the most likely approach to Zelda on the Wii U and it's a terrible idea. They just can't sacrifice their formula in order to make a better, more exciting game. This is the reason a Zelda game has failed to be extremely enjoyable and satisfying every time ever since Twilight Princess. The Wind Waker actually tried to break from the formula, but due to its original treatment, the formula reverted. But now, it's considered a classic and even received a HD remaster. People are becoming more open to new ideas and formulas, and the Wii U is the perfect console to take this chance with.

that's... not really true that people are becoming more open to new ideas. If Nintendo tries something as drastic as they did with Wind Waker, people will hate it all over again, and itll probably become a classic all over again too. That's the thing, sometimes oyu just need to take risks. Zelda U looks like a direct answer to what people demanded like half a decade ago. That is to say, a Zelda game that's actually Skyrim. But fans aren't developers, they don't understand why Zelda ISN'T Skyrim in the first place

I know it's your opinion but isn't A Link Between Worlds a good game too? I mean  the world is more open than skyward sword is.

Edited by Toon Link

I know it's your opinion but isn't A Link Between Worlds a good game too? I mean  the world is more open than skyward sword is.

The world is also a fraction of the size of Skyward Sword, and the Dark World is much less open than Skyward Sword ever was

The world is also a fraction of the size of Skyward Sword, and the Dark World is much less open than Skyward Sword ever was

I guess it did introduce the ability to go into any dungeons in any order right? 

I guess it did introduce the ability to go into any dungeons in any order right? 

Not really. You can go to dungeons out of order in lots of Zelda games, the biggest example is the first Zelda game, where there are no restrictions at all