Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Exiblade7

My hopes for Zelda U

I hope:

1. the game will have an excellent story

2. that there is a hidden motive on why Link has to explore the vast open world of hyrule( A reason from the story on why Link needs to explore the vast world of Hyrule)

3. the art style lasts for a long time

4. that the dungeons in the game are awesome

5. hope that the sidequests are 10 times better than the ones in Majora's Mask. 

I would like the game to feel like a fresh experience to those like myself who haven't played open world games. I also hope that there are heart containers scattered across the land making you have to explore all you can to get it, I want Ganondorf to be the villain, but he has to be more awesome then other Zelda games, something along the lines of Hyrule Warriors, I want the story to be awesome and the game to last a long time, and I want this game to be in every way an EPIC gaming experience.

(I would also like there to be an easy mode so I can get used to the game easier)

Edited by WakingDawn96

there's absolutely zero chance for that sidequests one, but the rest seems fair

I don't get what you mean by "hidden motive" though

I mean it would be cool if the game has a reason for the player to explore hryule. Like am I looking for a special item for most of the journey or I am exploring to find an important person? I know we can't answer this question yet, but I'd like to see this question answered when I'm able to play zelda u 

I mean it would be cool if the game has a reason for the player to explore hryule. Like am I looking for a special item for most of the journey or I am exploring to find an important person? I know we can't answer this question yet, but I'd like to see this question answered when I'm able to play zelda u 

If I had to hazard a guess, you're exploring to find three ancient temples holding three magic items, which will then unlock five or six new ancient temples with five to six more magic items, and then you fight Ganon or someone who looks like Ganon

If I had to hazard a guess, you're exploring to find three ancient temples holding three magic items, which will then unlock five or six new ancient temples with five to six more magic items, and then you fight Ganon or someone who looks like Ganon

I guess zelda u like previous zelda games can't let the player not know what their purpose is for exploring this vast world. I'm assuming that the game will tell them what to do to advance the plot, but won't force them to do it. 

I just want a new, exciting change in the formula. I'm tired of people acting like I'm not a fan because I'd like to see changes in Zelda. It being my most beloved franchise, I'd love for it not to fail because a majority of the fan base doesn't know what they're talking about and end up scaring Nintendo enough to hold it back. Thank the goddesses that Aonuma cares more about making a better Zelda game than the "fans" would believe it to be. Hell the initial reactions to Link's appearance opened some thoughts up for Aonuma. 

I just want a new, exciting change in the formula. I'm tired of people acting like I'm not a fan because I'd like to see changes in Zelda. It being my most beloved franchise, I'd love for it not to fail because a majority of the fan base doesn't know what they're talking about and end up scaring Nintendo enough to hold it back. Thank the goddesses that Aonuma cares more about making a better Zelda game than the "fans" would believe it to be. Hell the initial reactions to Link's appearance opened some thoughts up for Aonuma. 

I don't mind if they change up the zelda formal a little bit because there's nothing I can do about it. It IS zelda afterall, so I can't see why I'd want to hate it in the first place. I can't make nintendo make another linear zelda game because I have no control over them. All I can do is appreciate and have a positive opinion on each new zelda games that will come out in the future.  About non-linearity, I'm starting to like it. When I played a Link Between Worlds, it was more opened of course, but it still liked it and it still felt like a zelda game. 

Edited by Toon Link

That's jsut a sign you're a real fan of something. When you really care about something, you want it to be the best it can be, and that means pushing in new directions, acknowledging flaws, and other things that people don't tend to like to acknowledge about a series they 'love'

I hope: 1. the game will have an excellent story 2. that there is a hidden motive on why Link has to explore the vast open world of hyrule( A reason from the story on why Link needs to explore the vast world of Hyrule) 3. the art style lasts for a long time 4. that the dungeons in the game are awesome 5. hope that the sidequests are 10 times better than the ones in Majora's Mask.

When you say hidden motive, do you mean information that is withheld even from the player? And there is no way anyone will ever be able to make any sidequest as great as MM. There honestly hasn't been a single game where sidequest have you interacting with both a town and its people with the same depth as MM, i just dont think it can be topped even by zelda itself.

I would like the game to feel like a fresh experience to those like myself who haven't played open world games. I also hope that there are heart containers scattered across the land making you have to explore all you can to get it, I want Ganondorf to be the villain, but he has to be more awesome then other Zelda games, something along the lines of Hyrule Warriors, I want the story to be awesome and the game to last a long time, and I want this game to be in every way an EPIC gaming experience.(I would also like there to be an easy mode so I can get used to the game easier)

I wish for everything you have said except for ganondorf, im sorry, but he needs to be retired as a main villain. Skyward sword ruined his characterization for the past 10+ years with a single game, turning him from a wayward king whose loyalty to his people/jealousy of hyrule lead him to make bad decisions, to a guy that is destined to fight link and zelda throughout all time and space (literally on the time part), if that isn't bad enough he also literally became a shadow of his former self in a link between worlds. If he does return, then he needs to get that super smash brothers brawl treatment and be a puppet for a guy who is also a puppet for another guy. Zelda is capable of making insanely vibrant/ creative villains, (looking at you majora and skull kid, sorry, MM is the perfect zelda game in my opinion) so i think ganondorf just needs to take a backseat for the next couple of games, especially since he's been thoroughly killed in all three timelines now. Besides, there are plenty of characters who have been introduced and lore that has not been thoroughly explained...im sorry, but yet again i am speaking about majora and its relation to the twilii...screw it, i just want a direct majora's mask sequel now

When you say hidden motive, do you mean information that is withheld even from the player? And there is no way anyone will ever be able to make any sidequest as great as MM. There honestly hasn't been a single game where sidequest have you interacting with both a town and its people with the same depth as MM, i just dont think it can be topped even by zelda itself. I wish for everything you have said except for ganondorf, im sorry, but he needs to be retired as a main villain. Skyward sword ruined his characterization for the past 10+ years with a single game, turning him from a wayward king whose loyalty to his people/jealousy of hyrule lead him to make bad decisions, to a guy that is destined to fight link and zelda throughout all time and space (literally on the time part), if that isn't bad enough he also literally became a shadow of his former self in a link between worlds. If he does return, then he needs to get that super smash brothers brawl treatment and be a puppet for a guy who is also a puppet for another guy. Zelda is capable of making insanely vibrant/ creative villains, (looking at you majora and skull kid, sorry, MM is the perfect zelda game in my opinion) so i think ganondorf just needs to take a backseat for the next couple of games, especially since he's been thoroughly killed in all three timelines now. Besides, there are plenty of characters who have been introduced and lore that has not been thoroughly explained...im sorry, but yet again i am speaking about majora and its relation to the twilii...screw it, i just want a direct majora's mask sequel now

What I mean by hidden motive is that I think there should be a true purpose on why you should explore hyrule, not just for finding treasure or something like that. Also, Ganondorf isn't in Skyward Sword. Ganondorf is Demise's hate, but that doesn't mean he's 100% Ganondorf. 

What I mean by hidden motive is that I think there should be a true purpose on why you should explore hyrule, not just for finding treasure or something like that. Also, Ganondorf isn't in Skyward Sword. Ganondorf is Demise's hate, but that doesn't mean he's 100% Ganondorf.

By making it so that demise is the cause behind ganondorf being the person that he is, it takes away from ganondorf as a character, as someone who had a choice, but made a bad one, to someone who was always destined to fight link and zelda, in wind waker, you truly get to see ganondorf being humanized and see that he truly did love his people, but that love was overshadowed by his jealousy of hyrule and that caused him to choose to take hyrule for himself. Skyward sword just...it just urggghhh so many things wrong with that game, in terms of lore, c'mon, a dark master sword, i mean really.

By making it so that demise is the cause behind ganondorf being the person that he is, it takes away from ganondorf as a character, as someone who had a choice, but made a bad one, to someone who was always destined to fight link and zelda, in wind waker, you truly get to see ganondorf being humanized and see that he truly did love his people, but that love was overshadowed by his jealousy of hyrule and that caused him to choose to take hyrule for himself. Skyward sword just...it just urggghhh so many things wrong with that game, in terms of lore, c'mon, a dark master sword, i mean really.

I never found anything wrong with Skyward Sword. I love its minigames, story, gameplay, ect. I respect your opinion though. I just find Skyward Sword really underrated. 

I never found anything wrong with Skyward Sword. I love its minigames, story, gameplay, ect. I respect your opinion though. I just find Skyward Sword really underrated.

and i respect yours, but i feel that the entire game lacked a true direction, in terms of story and dungeon design, that robot desert area, it is probably one of the worst dungeons i have ever encountered in a 3d zelda game, but the gameplay was what you would expect from a wii game. Pretty much, there just wasnt an overall theme to the story like with any of the other 3d zeldas, the story just...goes, wind waker is probably the greatest when it comes to establishing its themes and following through with them, with how the entire games story is about the "change" that occured and is occuring in hyrule, WW even goes metaphysical with that theme by changing the gameplay and art style. But skyward sword just felt like a game that was made to explain the origins of things in other zelda games.

and i respect yours, but i feel that the entire game lacked a true direction, in terms of story and dungeon design, that robot desert area, it is probably one of the worst dungeons i have ever encountered in a 3d zelda game, but the gameplay was what you would expect from a wii game. Pretty much, there just wasnt an overall theme to the story like with any of the other 3d zeldas, the story just...goes, wind waker is probably the greatest when it comes to establishing its themes and following through with them, with how the entire games story is about the "change" that occured and is occuring in hyrule, WW even goes metaphysical with that theme by changing the gameplay and art style. But skyward sword just felt like a game that was made to explain the origins of things in other zelda games.

which could explain why the game is so linear.