Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Setrex

'Special' New Nintendo 3DS coming to Europe

Nintendo's silly titled console New Nintendo 3DS is coming to Europe (no real surprise).

Nintendo of Europe is allowing select Club Nintendo members to obtain a special Ambassador version of the system if they are randomly chosen via email. It'll cost €200 / £180.

For those who don't get chosen, you'll just have to wait until the console comes out at some point in 2015. The system has already been released in Japan and Australia/New Zealand.

Posted Image

The New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Edition comes with a unique Ambassador Edition back cover, a charging cradle, Super Smash Bros.-themed cover plates (front and back)

Posted Image

It's a shame they can't just release the system instead of picking people out a hat... Oh well, I'll just have to wait for the actual release.

Source.

Hmm....so the only major difference is that it has some stuff scribbled on it?

Give me a permanent marker and stickers, I'll doll up your 3DS consoles for free!

Hmm....so the only major difference is that it has some stuff scribbled on it?

Give me a permanent marker and stickers, I'll doll up your 3DS consoles for free!

Well, it has other features like more buttons and it has a better CPU than the current 3DS'. The smaller model can have switch-able face plates too.

but yeah, that one up there could do with a bit of colour haha.

Edited by KHSoraKeyBlade

It's nice that some people are getting the chance to get one early, but I agree it should just be released for everyone by now. Oh well, if this deal comes to NA, I'd be interested if I had the money to throw down for one.

Hmm....so the only major difference is that it has some stuff scribbled on it? Give me a permanent marker and stickers, I'll doll up your 3DS consoles for free!

It's also going to be able to play some games the normal 3DS can't, due to the improved hardware. The only game confirmed to only work with it so far is a port of the Wii game Xenoblade (Which personally makes the system worth the money for me, and I can definite say that it would never work on the normal 3DS), but there are supposed to be others coming soon.

I'd buy this to resell it for profit and/or purchase the New 3DS XL, but I'm in NA+chances are I wouldn't be the one who would be selected. Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure it was by random. (Hiding the method of selecting the "loyal " members is bullshit.)

if I'm gonna upgrade my 3ds i'd rather get the XL version of the new 3ds

EDIT: I never really liked the idea of the ambassador program, not only with people chosen at random, but it seems to reward those who can throw £200 or so out the window at a moments notice, someone could be a major Nintendo fan and not afford to buy items at launch, but buy them later when they've dropped in price, not out of choice but out of necessity where they simply can't spend the full asking price.  Pretty much is a slap in the face for them

Edited by Caity

EDIT: I never really liked the idea of the ambassador program, not only with people chosen at random, but it seems to reward those who can throw £200 or so out the window at a moments notice, someone could be a major Nintendo fan and not afford to buy items at launch, but buy them later when they've dropped in price, not out of choice but out of necessity where they simply can't spend the full asking price.  Pretty much is a slap in the face for them

This actually isn't like the ambassador program the original 3DS had, they're just calling it that since these people will get it earlier. Aside from getting a limited edition model before release, I don't think this is going to have any sort of benefits like free VC games. It still pretty much is rewarding the people who have the money to throw at this, though.

Pretty much. You have till the 12th January to have the chance to claim. If I was chosen I know I couldn't afford it because I don't have the €200 spare to drop at such short notice... I've already seen eBay listings for it too. I'd say the system must be around the corner from release if they are doing this kind of promotion.

Pretty much. You have till the 12th January to have the chance to claim. If I was chosen I know I couldn't afford it because I don't have the €200 spare to drop at such short notice... I've already seen eBay listings for it too. I'd say the system must be around the corner from release if they are doing this kind of promotion.

Hopefully we'll get a Direct soon that talks about when the New 3DS will be released outside Japan and Australia/New Zealand. A release date for Xenoblade 3D would also be nice, considering that's the first exclusive game for the system. I also want to see footage of that one again to see if they've polished it since it was last shown. It still looks like something I'll get day one, but it looked a little slower than the Wii version (Which I suppose is to be expected, but I want to see if they've made any improvements in that regard, or any other changes to the game).

Hopefully we'll get a Direct soon that talks about when the New 3DS will be released outside Japan and Australia/New Zealand. A release date for Xenoblade 3D would also be nice, considering that's the first exclusive game for the system. I also want to see footage of that one again to see if they've polished it since it was last shown. It still looks like something I'll get day one, but it looked a little slower than the Wii version (Which I suppose is to be expected, but I want to see if they've made any improvements in that regard, or any other changes to the game).

My only issue with XC on the 3DS is will the battle interface be far too much of a mess on the small screen. A lot was happening on the Wii version as it was. Like you said, hopefully we see a far more polished trailer the next time we see it. I'd hate to see people's opinion of the game be somewhat mixed because the 3DS version didn't live up to the praise that people give the original game.