Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Alright. So assume that we will get an ending in KH3 where everyone is happy and whatnot. So basically, everyone returns, and Namine, Xion, and Roxas all are there own beings.

So with that in mind, would Sora and Roxas lose the ability to use Synch Blade? Sora's ability comes from Ven's heart, but if Ven gets his heart back then Sora will be missing out on that. And then Roxas won't have Ven or Xion's hearts to call upon as they will be separate beings.

So assuming that they can't, what would happen to Sora's Drive forms? As a majority of them use two Keyblades, would it be safe to assume that the use of Drive forms after the credits is non-cannon?

Just some thoughts I had and wanted to see what others thought, so let me know.

Alright. So assume that we will get an ending in KH3 where everyone is happy and whatnot. So basically, everyone returns, and Namine, Xion, and Roxas all are there own beings. So with that in mind, would Sora and Roxas lose the ability to use Synch Blade? Sora's ability comes from Ven's heart, but if Ven gets his heart back then Sora will be missing out on that. And then Roxas won't have Ven or Xion's hearts to call upon as they will be separate beings. So assuming that they can't, what would happen to Sora's Drive forms? As a majority of them use two Keyblades, would it be safe to assume that the use of Drive forms after the credits is non-cannon? Just some thoughts I had and wanted to see what others thought, so let me know.

Basically, yes. But this comes with the plot hole it creates in KH2 when the fares give him the transformations. Because the faries know that he got a second Keyblade when he transformed, and were not shocked by it. Not shocked by a second legendary weapon suddenly coming from no where when he transformed. They couldn't have know about Ventus's heart, or they would have told Yen Sid. So how did the blade get there without phasing them? As well as them having an explination for why the Keyblade was there? They would have had to have given it to him. The only natural exploration. But then how did they know he could wield two, if it's a requirement to have a second heart to do it? It makes no sense.

I wish we could go back to it being Sora summoning strength from his friend's hearts that grant him more power, usually in the form of another keyblade (or summoning Roxas' strength, if you really want to stretch it). Now that Sora's got a whole Turducken of hearts inside of him, nothing makes sense anymore.

Alright. So assume that we will get an ending in KH3 where everyone is happy and whatnot. So basically, everyone returns, and Namine, Xion, and Roxas all are there own beings.

So with that in mind, would Sora and Roxas lose the ability to use Synch Blade? Sora's ability comes from Ven's heart, but if Ven gets his heart back then Sora will be missing out on that. And then Roxas won't have Ven or Xion's hearts to call upon as they will be separate beings.

So assuming that they can't, what would happen to Sora's Drive forms? As a majority of them use two Keyblades, would it be safe to assume that the use of Drive forms after the credits is non-cannon?

Just some thoughts I had and wanted to see what others thought, so let me know.

Yes, but Synch Blade doesn't equal dual wielding. Synch Blade is merely the ability summon two Keyblades on your own without another wielder present. If one Keyblade wielder lends their Keyblade to another, the second can dual wield until the original wielder recalls it. We may have only seen Sora and Roxas dual wield, but we've seen Riku handle Keyblades that belong to to other people, though granted those instances where before we first saw him summon Way to the Dawn. As for Drive Forms, they can create new ones that don't have Synch Blade or simply remove the ability from the existing ones. Nomura already said that Sora can dual wield at any time but merely chooses only to do it in a Drive Form. He doesn't need to transform to do so.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Nomura already said that Sora can dual wield at any time but merely chooses only to do it in a Drive Form. He doesn't need to transform to do so.

What.

I... don't know that I can believe that. There's no way Sora would be stupid enough to not use two keyblades all the time if he can. There has to be some sort of sacrifice (temporarily losing one or both companions, for instance) for dual wielding, otherwise why wouldn't he always use both? Can you link to where Nomura actually said that, because it sounds totally made up to me.

What.

I... don't know that I can believe that. There's no way Sora would be stupid enough to not use two keyblades all the time if he can. There has to be some sort of sacrifice (temporarily losing one or both companions, for instance) for dual wielding, otherwise why wouldn't he always use both? Can you link to where Nomura actually said that, because it sounds totally made up to me.

Nomura said it in an interview. He said he made it that way because he wasn't sure if players woudl want to dual wield at all times. but even in his normal form, Sora can dual wield. as for sacrifice, that only come in for gameplay balance. Story wise both companion (all 3 if there is a world specific one) are present at all times. If you go into a cut scene in a Drive form, all party member ill still present, regardless of configuration.

The interview was right after KH II, that was 8 years ago, finding it would be nearly impossible at this point. You don't have to believe me, but it's true. But think about it, Xemans can wield a Keyblade but chooses not to, Yen Sid chooses not to, Sora is hardly the first person to make such a choice.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Nomura said it in an interview. He said he made it that way because he wasn't sure if players woudl want to dual wield at all times. but even in his normal form, Sora can dual wield. as for sacrifice, that only come in for gameplay balance. Story wise both companion (all 3 if there is a world specific one) are present at all times. If you go into a cut scene in a Drive form, all party member ill still present, regardless of configuration.

The interview was right after KH II, that was 8 years ago, finding it would be nearly impossible at this point. You don't have to believe me, but it's true. But think about it, Xemans can wield a Keyblade but chooses not to, Yen Sid chooses not to, Sora is hardly the first person to make such a choice.

I'd be more inclined to believe you if Sora ever dual wielded once outside of his Drive Forms in any game. (At most, he borrowed Riku's for a second during the final boss in KH2, and that's all I can think of.) If all I have to go off is something Nomura supposedly said eight years ago and there's no record of him saying that, then you can hardly expect me to believe you..

And don't get me started with Xemnas and Yen Sid just choosing not to use keyblades, I have plenty of problems with that too. Even if I do buy that (and I firetrucking don't) Sora isn't some Machiavellian villain or wise old master, he's a kid trying to fight tons of powerful enemies, what possible reason could he have for not using all his strength all the time of there's no drawback? It's just dumb.

Two things. Both Sora and Roxas wield/ dual wield bc of Sora's keyblade and Ven's. Not Xions.Hers is fake or a replica.Just letting you know. ( although both Xion and Roxas could get their own keyblades from their own hearts when they become their own separate beings.)

Secondly, you can temporarily use/borrow another wielders keyblade. It's already been done a few times already.

Edited by Flaming Lea

I'd be more inclined to believe you if Sora ever dual wielded once outside of his Drive Forms in any game. (At most, he borrowed Riku's for a second during the final boss in KH2, and that's all I can think of.) If all I have to go off is something Nomura supposedly said eight years ago and there's no record of him saying that, then you can hardly expect me to believe you..

And don't get me started with Xemnas and Yen Sid just choosing not to use keyblades, I have plenty of problems with that too. Even if I do buy that (and I firetrucking don't) Sora isn't some Machiavellian villain or wise old master, he's a kid trying to fight tons of powerful enemies, what possible reason could he have for not using all his strength all the time of there's no drawback? It's just dumb.

There is a record, it's just buried. And there is a reason. Heartless, run of the mill Nobodies and Nightmares aren't that much of a threat. Heck, Kairi was one-shotting Shadows when she had literally zero experience, it took Sora at least three hits to finish them off when he first got his. He probably didn't see the point of dual wielding unless the enemy was especially strong.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Drive forms are a game mechanic. Technically the minute Roxas had reunited with Sora in KH2 they both could dual wield . Xion's death AWAKENED Ven's sleeping heart and thus the ability. Drive forms as explained by the faeries are used to bring out 'hidden potential ". At that point Sora didn't KNOW he could dual wield but he could.

Also Nomura has confirmed Xemnas could prolly wield but chose not to. Why? To hide his true intentions from the org members.

Edited by Flaming Lea

There is a record, it's just buried. And there is a reason. Heartless, run of the mill Nobodies and Nightmares aren't that much of a threat. He probably didn't see the point of dual wielding unless the enemy was especially strong.

Well, then, find it, because you're claiming something kind of weird, and it would be nice if you could prove it. Otherwise I'm going to have to assume you're incorrect.

Drive forms are a game mechanic. Technically the minute Roxas had reunited with Sora in KH2 they both could dual wield . Xion's death AWAKENED Ven's sleeping heart and thus the ability. Drive forms as explained by the faeries are used to bring out 'hidden potential ". At that point Sora didn't KNOW he could dual wield but he could.

Also Nomura has confirmed Xemnas could prolly wield but chose not to. Why? To hide his true intentions from the org members.

But then he did know, so why wouldn't he use multiple keyblades when facing down the myriad of super powerful bosses, the 1000 Heartless in Hollow Bastion, or after he found out Xemnas was still around in DDD? It's either Sora is being stupid on a level that's impossible to measure, or he just can't Dual Wield out of Drive Forms. And since no one seems too keen on providing proof he can Dual Wield any time he wants, I'm gonna have to assume it's not true.

(And I get why Xemnas never used a keyblade, I just think it's stupid.)

Well, then, find it, because you're claiming something kind of weird, and it would be nice if you could prove it. Otherwise I'm going to have to assume you're incorrect.

But then he did know, so why wouldn't he use multiple keyblades when facing down the myriad of super powerful bosses, the 1000 Heartless in Hollow Bastion, or after he found out Xemnas was still around in DDD? It's either Sora is being stupid on a level that's impossible to measure, or he just can't Dual Wield out of Drive Forms. And since no one seems too keen on providing proof he can Dual Wield any time he wants, I'm gonna have to assume it's not true.

Proof ? Ok common sense says Roxas had no drive forms but could dual wield after the ability was AWAKENED in him after Xions death .Sora and Roxas wield the same keyblades and wield for the same reasons.

Again - drive forms only helped Sora use his HIDDEN POTENTIAL. Things he didn't quite understand or know fully.

Proof ? Ok common sense says Roxas had no drive forms but could dual wield after the ability was AWAKENED in him after Xions death .Sora and Roxas wield the same keyblades and wield for the same reasons.

Again - drive forms only helped Sora use his HIDDEN POTENTIAL. Things he didn't quite understand or know fully.

Okay, great. So why doesn't Sora ever dual wield out of Drive Forms then? Did he really think he never needed to, fighting against Roxas alone, fighting against Xemnas alone before the final fight, fighting all the other Org. members at any point, fighting Xemnas alone again in DDD? What, was none of that important enough for him? Did Sora just forget he could?

Again, Sora never dual wields his own keyblades outside Drive Form in any game. Why would it be common sense to expect him to be able to do something we've never seen him do?

Sora's clothes were literally designed to bring out the hidden potential within him. Drive forms are merely buffed version of all Sora's latent abilities meaning the fact that he can dual wield in drive forms is proof enough that he can do it in base form. Also all those examples are subjective and depend on what the player did during most of those fights. In most cut scenes Sora was capable one shotting the Heartless and Nobodies with one Keyblade so it stands to reason he would  not need to dual wield to take care of average enemies.

Gameplay balance. If we could use two Keyblades all the time, we'd be over powered. The 1000 Heartless was not a hard fight because of the myriad of Reaction Command opportunities. You have to take gameplay balance into account when talking about limitations. you can't just throw them out because the story says different. 

Story wise Sora could dual wield at any time, gameplay wise, he needs to transform.

Okay, great. So why doesn't Sora ever dual wield out of Drive Forms then? Did he really think he never needed to, fighting against Roxas alone, fighting against Xemnas alone before the final fight, fighting all the other Org. members at any point, fighting Xemnas alone again in DDD? What, was none of that important enough for him? Did Sora just forget he could?

Again, Sora never dual wields his own keyblades outside Drive Form in any game. Why would it be common sense to expect him to be able to do something we've never seen him do?

I just gave you common sense proof and you say" Ok great." LOL  I am going to clarify this as simply as possible :

Q4: Why can Roxas dual-wield?

A: Because he can use both Sora’s and Ventus’ keyblades. Sora can wield two keyblades at once because he has Ventus’ as well as his own. As Roxas is a part of Sora, he also can use two. In Days Roxas awakened his ability to dual wield after fighting Xion. In KHII once
Sora absorbs him, he can also dual-wield.

Sora's clothes were literally designed to bring out the hidden potential within him. Drive forms are merely buffed version of all Sora's latent abilities meaning the fact that he can dual wield in drive forms is proof enough that he can do it in base form. Also all those examples are subjective and depend on what the player did during most of those fights. In most cut scenes Sora was capable one shotting the Heartless and Nobodies with one Keyblade so it stands to reason he would  not need to dual wield to take care of average enemies.

Also this !

Gameplay balance. If we could use two Keyblades all the time, we'd be over powered. The 1000 Heartless was not a hard fight because of the myriad of Reaction Command opportunities. You have to take gameplay balance into account when talking about limitations. you can't just throw them out because the story says different.

Story wise Sora could dual wield at any time, gameplay wise, he needs to transform.

Then that's just shitty story telling (if it's even true, which again, you're not convincing me that it is).

I just gave you common sense proof and you say" Ok great." LOL  I am going to clarify this as simply as possible :

Q4: Why can Roxas dual-wield?

A: Because he can use both Sora’s and Ventus’ keyblades. Sora can wield two keyblades at once because he has Ventus’ as well as his own. As Roxas is a part of Sora, he also can use two. In Days Roxas awakened his ability to dual wield after fighting Xion. In KHII once
Sora absorbs him, he can also dual-wield.

Also this !

Can you link where that question is from? I'd like to actually have proof it's an official statement and not something someone just faked online.

Also, "this" is just an assumption; he should be able to dual wield out of Drive Forms, so that means he can. Which isn't proof. There's still no example in game of Sora doing it.

Then that's just shitty story telling (if it's even true, which again, you're not convincing me that it is).

No, no it's not. Story wise, almost every game you play has you beating every enemy you encounter, gameplay wise, you can still be defeated. you cannot remove gameplay limitations for the sake of story because it just kills the game.

Not really because it's a gameplay element which is subjective to the play style of the player. Unless Nomura comes out with a cannon version of how Sora defeated each enemy then it comes down to the players choices.

Can you link where that question is from? I'd like to actually have proof it's an official statement and not something someone just faked online.

Also, "this" is just an assumption; he should be able to dual wield out of Drive Forms, so that means he can. Which isn't proof. There's still no example in game of Sora doing it.

http://kh-info-block.tumblr.com/tagged/BBSNom1

Nomura's word is canon. He explains this himself. You are just gonna have to accept and deal with it. Also LOL@ faked this .

I've proven my words. Where is proof that YOU are right . Nomura's words are canon . HE SAID AFTER SORA ABSORBS ROXAS HE CAN THEN DUAL WIELD.HE DIDN'T SAY AFTER HE GOT HIS MAGICAL CLOTHES.

Also explain how Roxas can dual wield without drive forms ? You can't .

Edited by Flaming Lea

No, no it's not. Story wise, almost every game you play has you beating every enemy you encounter, gameplay wise, you can still be defeated. you cannot remove gameplay limitations for the sake of story because it just kills the game.

Not really because it's a gameplay element which is subjective to the play style of the player. Unless Nomura comes out with a cannon version of how Sora defeated each enemy then it comes down to the players choices.

Plenty of story-based games (most games with good story, in fact) make the story work within the limitations of the game. They don't give characters abilities they never use and say the always could, because that's insane. If a character has an ability to do something- like, say, use two keyblades at once whenever he wants- then the game is built around that. If the game is built around him not being able to do so (and KH2 clearly was, because if Sora could, he would be OP all the time, right?) then the character can't do that ability. It's basic storytelling logic. If Nomura wants to write a story that doesn't match up with the gameplay, then that's a dumb mistake on his part.

http://kh-info-block.tumblr.com/tagged/BBSNom1

Nomura's word is canon. He explains this himself. You are just gonna have to accept and deal with it. Also LOL@ faked this .

I've proven my words. Where is proof that YOU are right . Nomura's words are canon . HE SAID AFTER SORA ABSORBS ROXAS HE CAN THEN DUAL WIELD.HE DIDN'T SAY AFTER HE GOT HIS MAGICAL CLOTHES.

That's all I wanted, thank you. You were right, Sora can Dual Wield whenever he wants. I still don;t get why he doesn't, but that's another discussion.

Plenty of story-based games (most games with good story, in fact) make the story work within the limitations of the game. They don't give characters abilities they never use and say the always could, because that's insane. If a character has an ability to do something- like, say, use two keyblades at once whenever he wants- then the game is built around that. If the game is built around him not being able to do so (and KH2 clearly was, because if Sora could, he would be OP all the time, right?) then the character can't do that ability. It's basic storytelling logic. If Nomura wants to write a story that doesn't match up with the gameplay, then that's a dumb mistake on his part.

That's all I wanted, thank you. You were right, Sora can Dual Wield whenever he wants. I still don;t get why he doesn't, but that's another discussion.

It's really rude to accuse people of lying but thanks. 

That's a cop out argument Sora had more then enough power in his base form to justify him not dual wielding in base form. Dual wielding in drive forms was a game mechanic plain and simple. There is no cannon indication of whether or not that was his chosen method of dual wielding that is up to the player. It is canon that Sora was capable of dual wielding both in and out of drive forms.

Edited by devereauxr

That's a cop out argument Sora had more then enough power in his base form to justify him not dual wielding in base form. Dual wielding in drive forms was a game mechanic plain and simple. There is no cannon indication of whether or not that was his chosen method of dual wielding that is up to the player. It is canon that Sora was capable of dual wielding both in and out of drive forms.

In any other game series, that wouldn't fly. What happens in the games is what's canon, and that's it. But this is Kingdom Hearts, where Nomura can just decide things after the fact and change the story whenever he wants in his own head canon. Which is very frustrating to me, but whatever.