Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sorual

Me And Anime. Issues.

Long read guys. seriously really long. you dont have to read it but if you do pls read it all to the absolute end. sry. its a pretty negative read so read only if you want. like seriously, only read if you want. i dont want to be one of those people that post their problems on the internet just to get sympathy. i actually want to know your opinions. again, if your gonna read. pls read the whole thing.

you guys have NO idea how long this has been bugging me. for some reason, i started disliking the entire thing that is "anime" because of the fanbase. (not the ENTIRE fanbase) i hate to say it has an effect on me but it unfortunatly does. i still love anime, i just find it hard to enjoy because the community has been ruinning it for me. (not anyone on here in case your wondering) the people in the community that have been ruinning it for me is mostly the weeaboos. i am actually one of the few who dont hate weeaboos. but what they do still has its effect on me. to me, hearing about something SO much in the way some weeaboos put it ("ANIME IS THE BEST THING EVER OMG!!!!" and stuff like that) just drives anime into the ground for me and makes me like it less if i hear it SO much. even more so if your living with someone who constantly says it so you cant brush it off (my current situation)

now just so were clear, i know that not anywere hear everyone in the anime community is like this. there are MANY MANY people who arent annoying with what they say and love anime. its just that i live with someone who is so it has a pretty big affect.

i have no idea why people saying this stuff has a negative impact on me! i really dont want it to! they are only expressing how much they love something and i cant get mad at that. but for SOME reason if they do it SO much it negativly effects me. i feel bad about it because i REALLY didnt want to let it effect me but it did. and now anime is a negative thing for me. :( i know im not the only one that feels this way. i have seen MANY people who also get anime ruinned because of how much the weeaboo community talks about it like its the best thing ever. just so were clear, again, im not against someone expressing how they feel like this. i actually dont have much against weeaboos. its just that what they do has an effect on me that i dont like. i really dont want to be annoyed by it but unfortunatly i am. maybe its being a hipster. (disliking something because everyone else loves it or vice versa) but if that were the case then i would feel the same with video games which i dont. i really dont want to feel this way about anime because of what how other people have been expressing their love. it just gets REALLY annoying and sorta drives anime into the ground for me.

unfortunatly, i think i have done this for others too. i think i was just as hindering as they are and am now only realizing it because the negative effects are on me. to everyone i have made feel the same as i do about anime because of me talking about it constantly, im sorry. i know i was like that with that time i updated nothing but "I LOVE POKEMON " and "POKEMON IS AWESOME" a while back. im very sorry. the way you felt if you were annoyed by that is how im feeling about anime but to the point where i just cant enjoy anime anymore. i am truly sorry if im being ridiculous because im guilty of the crime im complaining about, but i am really sorry. i still love it, but i cant enjoy it anymore. i can still KINDA enjoy it. but NO WHERE NEAR as easy as i was able to before. stupid? yes.

i know what you might be thinking. "just because of what other people are saying your gonna let that affect how you enjoy the hobby!?" or "how does people being annoying about something ruinn it for you?" i really dont know. but unfortunatly i just cant control it. i hate the idea of me letting it happen but it happened. :(

if your saying "how do you think you can solve something like this? would you like them to just stop?" no. i would like to stop being affected. i want to just be able to not let these expressions of opinions to negativly affect me. i have nothing against people expressing their opinion on something but even if it is being done in an annoying way, its still an expression of an opnion and i dont want it ruinn MY experience. im not bothered by someone hating what i like. thats just their opinion. but when you say your opnion constantly it gets annoying. even if you agree with the opnion. and unfortunatly its gotten to the point where anime has been severly hindered for me. i am not annoyed by people having a different opnion then me. its just that even if you agree with the opinion, if its constantly being said, then it gets annoying, and for some reason hinders my enjoyment of it. i dont 100% get why.

so, how do you guys suggest i go about this. i know im complaining about something im guilty of (which makes me a HUGE hypocrite) but i am sorry for that and still want a solution. i just cant hear the word "Anime" anymore without cringing in my head. ive been trying to ignore the issue hoping it would pass but its done nothing but make it worse. i still want to enjoy anime again. i just wanted to share and hopefully get your thoughts. im sorry if i hurt anyone. that was not my intention. i mean NO negativity. just sharing of issue and hopefull understanding. i might have gotten the deffenintion of weeaboo wrong but i couldent find a better word and i think i got my point across. im sorry, but i felt this is an issue that only people who like anime could understand. hopefully it will get better over time but it hasent so far.

For me, I just largely ignore the "fanbase" as you call it. I've seen a number of anime shows myself and I plan on seeing many more in the future. Yeah, some fanbases can really suck, but I just tune a lot of it out. I don't read a lot of comments, or pay attention to the fanboys of anyone particular anime/manga. For example, the whole dub/sub war. I respect both, but I choose to watch dubs because, English. xD And I just ignore the haters because, haters gonna hate. :D

For me, I just largely ignore the "fanbase" as you call it. I've seen a number of anime shows myself and I plan on seeing many more in the future. Yeah, some fanbases can really suck, but I just tune a lot of it out. I don't read a lot of comments, or pay attention to the fanboys of anyone particular anime/manga. For example, the whole dub/sub war. I respect both, but I choose to watch dubs because, English. xD And I just ignore the haters because, haters gonna hate. :D

im glad your enjoying anime! :)

but it isnt haters that are annoying for me. like you, i brush those off. its rather the people who cant stop letting everyone know that they love anime. i love it too but its really all they say and its annoying. they seriously talk like its like a god and never talk about much else. unfortunatly it somehow makes me like anime less and less the more i hear it.

Don't really know how to help you here dude. Some people are overly passionate about anime, and this seems to take a negative impact on your view of anime, for reasons unknown.

To be clear, Weeaboos are on a different class above just liking anime. They basically denounce their own culture in favor of Japan's. I believe what you're looking for are Otakus, which are obsessions about a particular piece of work, usually used for anime. Both words are derogatory, however, some people have embraced the title of Otaku recently, so just be careful when using these words.

The most I could say for you is to just ignore them, and enjoy what you enjoy. However, recognize they have good intentions, even if your subconscious can't.

Best of luck to you.

Don't really know how to help you here dude. Some people are overly passionate about anime, and this seems to take a negative impact on your view of anime, for reasons unknown. To be clear, Weeaboos are on a different class above just liking anime. They basically denounce their own culture in favor of Japan's. I believe what you're looking for are Otakus, which are obsessions about a particular piece of work, usually used for anime. Both words are derogatory, however, some people have embraced the title of Otaku recently, so just be careful when using these words. The most I could say for you is to just ignore them, and enjoy what you enjoy. However, recognize they have good intentions, even if your subconscious can't. Best of luck to you.

Oh no. I have nothing against otaku or weeaboos. They are passionate about something and as I stated in my original post, I can't possible be against that. It's just that if they say they love it so much constantly it takes a tol on me. I know they are good people. I never said I dislike them. It's just that it takes its tol on me for some reason.

Okay I read the entire thing and I'm trying to understand what you are saying? Are you saying that you starting dislike anime because of the fanbase?

No. I'm saying that it's getting hard to enjoy anime. Not disliking it. I really can't put it any other way but there is a difference. And yes it's because of the community. I have ABSOLUTLY nothing against the otaku and weeaboos. It's just that what they do hinders anime for me for some reason. I know I'm not the only one who thinks this way because I've met many people who also work this way. I don't have anything against what they are doing. They are just expressing their passion and I can't be mad at that. It's just that it has a negative affect on me for some unknown reason. I don't want them to stop. I want the negative impact to stop.

I've met people like those. >.< I just tune them out, honestly. I try to stay away, or not involve myself much with those people. I refuse to let ANYTHING ruin my love of anime. xD

More power to you! :) it's just hard to do that in my case because I live with someone who is like that and she will completely Bambard me with the comments I mentioned if I get into anime. More power to you tho! Enjoy anime! I recommend clannad. It's my favorite. :)

No. I'm saying that it's getting hard to enjoy anime. Not disliking it. I really can't put it any other way but there is a difference. And yes it's because of the community. I have ABSOLUTLY nothing against the otaku and weeaboos. It's just that what they do hinders anime for me for some reason. I know I'm not the only one who thinks this way because I've met many people who also work this way. I don't have anything against what they are doing. They are just expressing their passion and I can't be mad at that. It's just that it has a negative affect on me for some unknown reason. I don't want them to stop. I want the negative impact to stop.

Oh okay then. Honestly you should ignore them. That's what I do when it comes to fans of Issei from High School DxD.

Oh okay then. Honestly you should ignore them. That's what I do when it comes to fans of Issei from High School DxD.

thx! :) i would love to do that but unfortunatly i have a sibling who says these comments. its hard to ignore when your living with them. :/ thx tho! :)

Oh, I see. Yeah, that can be hard if you're living with someone that does that to you. Sorry about that. Have you talked to them about it?

yeah. she understands and feels bad but anime is a lot more important to her than it is to me so i said to not worry about it for the most part and just try not to talk about it to much when she is near me. she still does it but not as much so its getting better. :) my main goal isnt for her and the others to stop, but for me to stop getting affected. :)

thx! :) i would love to do that but unfortunatly i have a sibling who says these comments. its hard to ignore when your living with them. :/ thx tho! :)

Well I don't know if this will help. But when I feel some negative stuff affecting me I'll start writing some random stories to help me feel better. Writing a story help me get over my hatred for Issei from High School DxD. I remember when I first read Highschool DxD on Baka Tsuki back in 2011 and I thought it has a good decent story, it has a good story but it just annoys me because of the two main characters, Issei and Rias. Then I watch the first season anime and my hatred of the two main characters increase until the point when I read comments saying that "Issei is the best harem male character", and I was like "F**k no he's not!" Or "Issei and Rias are the perfect couple!" and I was like "Hell no! Issei and Rias have no connection! There's nothing romantic between those two!" Then I just can't take it anymore so I got on Microsoft Word and created my own graphic novel series, I created a character that was based on my hatred of Issei and Rias and by god it help me a lot! Writing my own graphic novel series really help me ease my pain and it help me ignore those Issei fans, and by the time DxD got a second season I was completely ready to watch it because I was ignoring Issei completely. I don't know if writing stories will help you ease your negative affects but you should try and do something to help your negative impact. :)

Well I don't know if this will help. But when I feel some negative stuff affecting me I'll start writing some random stories to help me feel better. Writing a story help me get over my hatred for Issei from High School DxD. I remember when I first read Highschool DxD on Baka Tsuki back in 2011 and I thought it has a good decent story, it has a good story but it just annoys me because of the two main characters, Issei and Rias. Then I watch the first season anime and my hatred of the two main characters increase until the point when I read comments saying that "Issei is the best harem male character", and I was like "F**k no he's not!" Or "Issei and Rias are the perfect couple!" and I was like "Hell no! Issei and Rias have no connection! There's nothing romantic between those two!" Then I just can't take it anymore so I got on Microsoft Word and created my own graphic novel series, I created a character that was based on my hatred of Issei and Rias and by god it help me a lot! Writing my own graphic novel series really help me ease my pain and it help me ignore those Issei fans, and by the time DxD got a second season I was completely ready to watch it because I was ignoring Issei completely. I don't know if writing stories will help you ease your negative affects but you should try and do something to help your negative impact. :)

Wow! Thx for the advice! I might just try that! :)