Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
somedayhunchback

Is Square Eninx lieing to us or is Bill Famer (Goofy) telling fibs?

I believe either Bill simply lost track for what KH game he records for at this point (who can blame him?) or Square Enix is covering up the game is way more developed than we know.

Or both.

I personally obviously root for the latter, but the first one is more realistic. We also gotta know what "too soon" means by Nomura and game industry standards. 

@KingdomHearts3 but the sony hacks (that forced the limited viewing for The Interview) could have been a publicity stunt. that being said we don`t know if this is legit. besides the other sony hack was only to PSN as I hear so they didn`t say anything then either. 

Edited by moogleman

The guy that posted this topic He does have a point, square could have not said how far in developement they are, like stuff from the interview could of happened a long time before they announced it, like them switchingto unreal engine 4 that could of happened earlier in 2014 but they just came public with it in October, it makes sense they aren't required to say anything at all to us, so they could be farther in developement then they lead us to beleive. And maybe why that's why they announce that there will be news of kh3 in 2015

Edited by Shinysora

lieing

lol.

Look this guy knows nothing about gaming, he's probably just senile and misheard something. At the very least Nomura could have finished the script for Kingdom Hearts III which makes sense to me because he's had years to create a story and since they're getting no where with actual game development, they can work on it in other ways so it doesn't come out in 2020. The actual game is underway, but no where close to completion.

I WANT it to be true. I wouldnt hold it past se in the slightest to not want us to know. If its true, i say great! if its not, they need to hurry up and at least give us a ballpark figure. the suspense is KILLING ME!

Edited by mistydolphin

From what I gather and can reflect on, I don't think SE has ever really lied to the fan base. I think it was just a big misunderstanding on Bill Farmer's part; besides, he has voiced many lines over several games throughout the series and I wouldn't blame him for mistaking this one for KH3 since he has performed in several titles. Didn't the Kingdom Hearts team just hire new people to help with the new engine to help move things along at a faster pace? I don't think they are lying; if it was moving at a rapid pace, we would already be getting more trailers and information, hell, even character designs at this point. I think it is still in pre-development as they are informing us.

Honestly, I think Bill Famer was telling the truth. He would know what he worked on. Plus, he said that he recorded lines for Goofy AND Pluto. Pluto didn't have anymore re-recorded lines in Re:Coded. He's part of the team, and I think he would know what he's talking about. 

Just the fact we got him to spill some of the beans excites me tremendously. I am 80% believing KH3 is coming out later this year, like during the holidays. I think they're gonna surprise us with a stunning trailer at either E3 or TGS (more than likely both events) and one of the trailers will give us a release date. Nobody from square enix even denied 2015 as being too early as of yet either. They just said "release date is unannounced". I'm having high hopes that Bill probably blew their cover.

I'm finding Late 2015-Mid 2016 as the most likely release date candidates. I mean just think about how far things must have advanced since the D23 trailer back in 2013. There had to have been alot of progress made, especially for Nomura to say that when he played Sora at level 99 he was "way too op". I think the gameplay is pretty much done with, with the exception of attraction flow and other extras like that. What they're probably working on now is the new worlds, cutscenes, and coming up with new abilities.

Also, just because he recorded his lines doesn't mean they already animated the cutscenes. You gotta remember, for KH1 and KH2 they lip-synced the animations. I'm willing to put money on the fact they're doing the same for KH3 and got their voice-acting early for that reason. 

Anyways, I'm gonna continue to have high hopes for a 2015 release date because of this piece of news. Also because of the buttload of information we've gotten this year. People think that just because they saw no other trailer or gameplay that we didn't see much of KH3 this year. Thing is, we did. We caught wind that there's gonna be new costumes, a harder difficulty, keyblade transformations being a big thing, that trailer showned at the 2.5 launch event that kinda confirmed Drive is gonna be coming back, free-running ability similar to flowmotion of DDD, the story maturing as much as the players, HOW KH3 is gonna start with the opening cutscene and the "never-guessing prologue" to the game, and much more. I honestly think this is probably the year they'll show all of that put into action for all of us - when it's ready. That is most likely gonna be at E3. I'm grateful for all of the news we got. 

If it did come out this year, that'd be a real fun bonus because it's been almost 13 years since the original came out xD But seriously, I'm in high hopes this is going to be the year of KH3. They had 2013 and 2014 to hype up the HD Remixes, now it's KH3's time to shine! Unless they're secretly remaking KH chi under our noses......God I don't want to even touch that game. The gameplay looks worse than COM (which wasn't bad honestly, but tedious) and the visuals kill it for me. Not to mention we all know what happens at the end. 

Anyways, that's all I got to say.

Edited by SolidSnake

Honestly, I think Bill Famer was telling the truth. He would know what he worked on. Plus, he said that he recorded lines for Goofy AND Pluto. Pluto didn't have anymore re-recorded lines in Re:Coded. He's part of the team, and I think he would know what he's talking about. 

Just the fact we got him to spill some of the beans excites me tremendously. I am 80% believing KH3 is coming out later this year, like during the holidays. I think they're gonna surprise us with a stunning trailer at either E3 or TGS (more than likely both events) and one of the trailers will give us a release date. Nobody from square enix even denied 2015 as being too early as of yet either. They just said "release date is unannounced". I'm having high hopes that Bill probably blew their cover.

I'm finding Late 2015-Mid 2016 as the most likely release date candidates. I mean just think about how far things must have advanced since the D23 trailer back in 2013. There had to have been alot of progress made, especially for Nomura to say that when he played Sora at level 99 he was "way too op". I think the gameplay is pretty much done with, with the exception of attraction flow and other extras like that. What they're probably working on now is the new worlds, cutscenes, and coming up with new abilities.

Also, just because he recorded his lines doesn't mean they already animated the cutscenes. You gotta remember, for KH1 and KH2 they lip-synced the animations. I'm willing to put money on the fact they're doing the same for KH3 and got their voice-acting early for that reason. 

Anyways, I'm gonna continue to have high hopes for a 2015 release date because of this piece of news. Also because of the buttload of information we've gotten this year. People think that just because they saw no other trailer or gameplay that we didn't see much of KH3 this year. Thing is, we did. We caught wind that there's gonna be new costumes, a harder difficulty, keyblade transformations being a big thing, that trailer showned at the 2.5 launch event that kinda confirmed Drive is gonna be coming back, free-running ability similar to flowmotion of DDD, the story maturing as much as the players, HOW KH3 is gonna start with the opening cutscene and the "never-guessing prologue" to the game, and much more. I honestly think this is probably the year they'll show all of that put into action for all of us - when it's ready. That is most likely gonna be at E3. I'm grateful for all of the news we got. 

If it did come out this year, that'd be a real fun bonus because it's been almost 13 years since the original came out xD But seriously, I'm in high hopes this is going to be the year of KH3. They had 2013 and 2014 to hype up the HD Remixes, now it's KH3's time to shine! Unless they're secretly remaking KH chi under our noses......God I don't want to even touch that game. The gameplay looks worse than COM (which wasn't bad honestly, but tedious) and the visuals kill it for me. Not to mention we all know what happens at the end. 

Anyways, that's all I got to say.

Man, you're living it.

Honestly, I think Bill Famer was telling the truth. He would know what he worked on. 

He does know what he worked on, lines for a game and that's it.

Plus, he said that he recorded lines for Goofy AND Pluto

How the firetruck do you record lines for Pluto? Just use a dog sound file...

Well considering the fact that they just got used to U4 engine and haven't made any progress into the game's final stage. I doubt it would even be at alpha stage by E3 2016. But a man can dream.

Yeah like I said, Kingom Hearts 3 isn't coming out anywhere close to this year. The game isn't even at pre-alpha stage. They already told us this yet people either don't understand what this means or want to believe an old man that knows nothing about gaming.

Edited by Drones

Man, you're living it.

He does know what he worked on, lines for a game and that's it.

How the firetruck do you record lines for Pluto? Just use a dog sound file...

Well considering the fact that they just got used to U4 engine and haven't made any progress into the game's final stage. I doubt it would even be at alpha stage by E3 2016. But a man can dream.

Yeah like I said, Kingom Hearts 3 isn't coming out anywhere close to this year. The game isn't even at pre-alpha stage. They already told us this yet people either don't understand what this means or want to believe an old man that knows nothing about gaming.

Alright, FIRST OF ALL,  Yeah, I'm living it. I have hope for the best. 

Secondly, Bill Famer ALSO records the voice for Pluto too. And, I'm pretty sure that if it was for any other game he'd have let us know, instead of mislead us like that. KH3 is a name that isn't that hard to mess up. Misleading us like that on-purposely wouldn't really show much of a professional attitude, and as far as I've seen, the man has a very professional attitude and doesn't do stuff like that.

And I find it funny how you doubt the game is even in it's Alpha stages yet when we've seen gameplay that looks to be above alpha-stage standards at D23 2013. Yeah, that was gameplay, not a tech demo, why else would it say "Work in Progress Gameplay" in the top-right hand corner? Also, in the beginning of that trailer you can clearly see Sora's foot pretty much inside the ground, hinting that the physics weren't all down yet at the time. 

I know we both have differing opinions and I respect that, but I still believe there's a good chance we're gonna be surprised this year.

Alright, FIRST OF ALL,  Yeah, I'm living it. I have hope for the best. 

Secondly, Bill Famer ALSO records the voice for Pluto too. And, I'm pretty sure that if it was for any other game he'd have let us know, instead of mislead us like that. KH3 is a name that isn't that hard to mess up. Misleading us like that on-purposely wouldn't really show much of a professional attitude, and as far as I've seen, the man has a very professional attitude and doesn't do stuff like that.

And I find it funny how you doubt the game is even in it's Alpha stages yet when we've seen gameplay that looks to be above alpha-stage standards at D23 2013. Yeah, that was gameplay, not a tech demo, why else would it say "Work in Progress Gameplay" in the top-right hand corner? Also, in the beginning of that trailer you can clearly see Sora's foot pretty much inside the ground, hinting that the physics weren't all down yet at the time. 

I know we both have differing opinions and I respect that, but I still believe there's a good chance we're gonna be surprised this year.

They are using a different engine.

Who knows. He could be telling the truth. The game could have entered development way before it was announced back in 2013. I still think its highly unlikely that its going to release before a Dream Drop Distance HD remaster because everyone would be confused jumping right into KH3s story (How'd Lea get a keyblade, how did Riku become a master, why did sora fail, etc.). A DDD re-release must happen on PS3 or PS4 in my opinion to give people a chance to play it who don't have a 3DS

I would honestly like to believe the game entered development before the big announcement in 2013. Because the D23 gameplay we saw literally couldn't have taken 3 months to make. There's just no way, especially considering how beautiful the game looked, and how much content it had to show. My best guess would have to be it started right after Dream Drop Distance was completed. And the plans for keyblade transformations and flow attractions probably originated as far back as 2010-2011.

I would honestly like to believe the game entered development before the big announcement in 2013. Because the D23 gameplay we saw literally couldn't have taken 3 months to make. There's just no way, especially considering how beautiful the game looked, and how much content it had to show. My best guess would have to be it started right after Dream Drop Distance was completed. And the plans for keyblade transformations and flow attractions probably originated as far back as 2010-2011.

i agree with you! there's no way they could've done that much in months so pretty sure they've started before it was announced that it was "in development"still i have a feeling that it would be a little longer that Kingdom Hearts II.