Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DJ369

HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN ME!ME!ME!?

(WARNING: Don't watch if you can't handle sexual and violent imagery)http://vimeo.com/112690978OH. MY. GOD. This sh*t was f*cking INSANE! My friend showed it to me today, and I was like "YOOOOO WTF?!?!?!" Then I watched it again once I got back home then did some research, and I learned some of the actual themes and messages hidden within the video, and it just shocked me. That whole video was based on the otaku lifestyle.

Now, I'm an anime fan, I've always loved anime, but I try not to let all of that stuff consume and control me because I know there is more to life than just watching anime all the time, but this video took it to a WHOLE nother level. It basically summed up how most animes have devolved into being nothing but fan service, stereotypical "sexy girls", and how they fall in love with the regular teenage otaku. And while I did my research, I learned the REAL meaning of otaku. It means a person who has no social life and just stays at home watching anime, reading manga and playing video games, and it is a very offensive term in Japan. I had no idea what it meant until now, but now I know never to call myself or anyone else that again. Granted I love anime and I watch it when i have time to, but I have a life, and it doesn't revolve around watching anime or playing video games all day. Me!Me!Me! showed explicitly what happens when you let all kinds of media consume you, what it does to you psychologically, and when you become obsessed with it to the point where that's all you do. I'm not saying we should all stop watching anime and it's terrible, but to not get TOO caught up in that stuff because there is more to life than anime (still love it to death though lol).

But, yeah I just had to share what I got out of that video, and as controversial as it was, it was a total masterpiece, and it has become one of my favorite OVAs. That video has some deep messages, and it was thought provoking. What did you guys think about it?

Edited by DJ369

I've seen it, I liked it. I was screaming in frighten terror when I saw TheFineBros did ME!ME!ME! on YouTubers React. Don't worry, they censored the stuff out.

Edited by Dimi3Infinity

I had seen that a while back when it first came out,I liked it.....would like to see more like it,and as for what you say about otaku being offensive/derogatory in Japan,it is but in the west it has a different meaning,it just more or less means you like anime(etc) alot,it doesn't really have the stigma it has in japan,but I did read somewhere(forget where :P)that it's getting slowly losing the stigma(more like otaku's in japan slowly kinda being accepted) it has in japan but hey don't quote me on that I may be wrong about this entire thing :P I mean I do call my self an otaku because either than school I don't really do anything else much than watch anime/read manga and play games,going out isn't really my thing I'd perfer to stay home and play games.

(WARNING: Don't watch if you can't handle sexual and violent imagery)http://vimeo.com/112690978OH. MY. GOD. This sh*t was f*cking INSANE! My friend showed it to me today, and I was like "YOOOOO WTF?!?!?!" Then I watched it again once I got back home then did some research, and I learned some of the actual themes and messages hidden within the video, and it just shocked me. That whole video was based on the otaku lifestyle.Now, I'm an anime fan, I've always loved anime, but I try not to let all of that stuff consume and control me because I know there is more to life than just watching anime all the time, but this video took it to a WHOLE nother level. It basically summed up how most animes have devolved into being nothing but fan service, stereotypical "sexy girls", and how they fall in love with the regular teenage otaku. And while I did my research, I learned the REAL meaning of otaku. It means a person who has no social life and just stays at home watching anime, reading manga and playing video games, and it is a very offensive term in Japan. I had no idea what it meant until now, but now I know never to call myself or anyone else that again. Granted I love anime and I watch it when i have time to, but I have a life, and it doesn't revolve around watching anime or playing video games all day. Me!Me!Me! showed explicitly what happens when you let all kinds of media consume you, what it does to you psychologically, and when you become obsessed with it to the point where that's all you do. I'm not saying we should all stop watching anime and it's terrible, but to not get TOO caught up in that stuff because there is more to life than anime (still love it to death though lol).But, yeah I just had to share what I got out of that video, and as controversial as it was, it was a total masterpiece, and it has become one of my favorite OVAs. That video has some deep messages, and it was thought provoking. What did you guys think about it?

Demolition-D, a known anime youtuber, has made a video on this OVA.

I don't really follow him, but I agree with his thoughts on the matter. At first, I dismissed it as 2deep4you usual japan stuff. But I can see his viewpoint on it as well.