Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
AJ Winter

Question About 2 Tracks in the 1.5 CD

As I was listening to the KH 1.5 CDs, I listened to disc three and heard two tracks that I had no idea where they were used.

The tracks were "Having a Wild Time -Previous Version-" and "Destati". I didn't even know there was a previous version to "Having a Wild Time" and I'm really confused if it's an unused track or if it appears somewhere in the game?

And the "Destati" I don't know either, was it in Re:CoM at some point?

The first is a previous version of the track that went unused

Destati... I don't know how you could not know that one, it's the song that plays at the start, when Sora explores the stations of awakening

Destati... I don't know how you could not know that one, it's the song that plays at the start, when Sora explores the stations of awakening

Well I mean I know that, but that version appears in the first disc of the soundtrack set. I'm talking about the one that's on disc 3.

Ok, thing is that those were in the original Kingdom Hearts 1 soundtrack. Destati was used for the early commercials, teasers, and promos for Kingdom Hearts way back in the day (2000, 2001, 2002). It's also where Dive Into The Heart, Fragments of Sorrow, and Gardando nel Buio originate from, kind of like how every battle theme for Org. XIII comes from Another Side. As for Having a Wild Time -Previous Version-, it's just a dropped version of Deep Jungle's battle theme. Neither song is used directly in the game, they just sort of put them in there as extras for the soundtrack. And since the whole point of 1.5's soundtrack was to be an homage to the original, it makes sense that they revamped these two tracks, even if they aren't heard in the game. Destati so far has only been used for promotional purposes, such as the teasers for KH1, KH coded and Re:Coded, and KH 3D. However, when skimming for a video or two on youtube, I saw a scene in Re:Coded HD where they actually use a segment of Destati in a cutscene, as well as the Piano Collection version of The Other Promise. So while Re:Coded doesn't feature any "new" music for itself, it still uses music that you don't hear that often.