Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Sora96

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX sells 275,000 copies in North America during December 2014

The NPD sales results for North America during December 2014 have been leaked. This has revealed that Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX sold 275,000 copies in North America during December 2014. Thanks go to NeoGAF user Nirolak for the leak.

For reference, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX sold 270,000 copies in it's first month on the market in North America in one week less. The numbers aren't bad but they did not exceed Square Enix's expectations as revealed in Square Enix's 2014 Annual Report in which Square Enix mentions all releases which exceeded their sales expectations.

Click here to view the article

It's the best you can hope for making a PS3 game when the PS4 has been out for a while.

I kind of have to agree here. Also I am a bit surprised that 2.5 wasn't in higher demand just because of the fact that many people prefer KH2 over 1, and Re:CoM is not exactly a fan favorite; however you are correct, with a new console out, a lot of people don't want to invest in the PS3 anymore and many of them traded in their's for a PS4 which can not play PS3 games.

I kind of have to agree here. Also I am a bit surprised that 2.5 wasn't in higher demand just because of the fact that many people prefer KH2 over 1, and Re:CoM is not exactly a fan favorite; however you are correct, with a new console out, a lot of people don't want to invest in the PS3 anymore and many of them traded in their's for a PS4 which can not play PS3 games.

Re:CoM wasn't released in half the world on PS2.

Definitely. I know many Europeans and Australians who really wanted Re:CoM.

I definitely was not as thrilled about 1.5 in America that's for sure. I mean these numbers make sense for those places, but as it states above these are North American sales, so it kind of still doesn't make sense how Re:CoM and KH1 which definitely were not as loved as 2 and BBS sold more.

The NPD sales results for North America during December 2014 have been leaked. This has revealed that Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX sold 275,000 copies in North America during December 2014. Thanks go to NeoGAF user Nirolak for the leak.For reference, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX sold 270,000 copies in it's first month on the market in North America in one week less. The numbers aren't bad but they did not exceed Square Enix's expectations as revealed in Square Enix's 2014 Annual Report in which Square Enix mentions all releases which exceeded their sales expectations.Click here to view the article

So some people weren't exactly excited for HD 1.5 ReMIX, since a few of them had already played KHFM and the majority had played Re: CoM (North America), while HD 2.5 Remix sold better because of extra contents in both Final Mix versions (which weren't released until now)?

I agree that Re:CoM was a big incentive for those that never got it in the first place, and the declining interest in the PS3 played a part as well. I think 1.5 was riding the hype train too. 2013 was a pretty awesome year for Kingdom Hearts. KH3 was announced at E3, a pretty awesome trailer for it was shown at D23, 2.5 was announced, and while nothing earth shattering there was a steady stream of news and updates from Nomura and the team after E3 of that year. 2014 was pretty bare in comparison. The general public (with their new gen consoles) are waiting for the third entry, not "ANOTHER" hd collection.

It had KH2.

It had BBS, which as someone pointed out, some people may not have played but would want to.

KH2 > KH1 AND Re:CoM

Hell, BBS > KH1 AND Re:CoM

Can't believe 2.5 didn't sell much more than 1.5, but as said it's probably because everyone has moved on to PS4. They'd better put a Re:DDD on PS4 if they want it to sell.

That's not a bad number at all. Many people probably got it as a christmas present. I am positive it will reach 500,000 units eventually and go greatest hits just like 1.5 did

Will we get any NEWS about how many copies were wold in Europe? Sometimes this site focuses more on the USA than Europe or Australia.

This is not true at all. Me & Daniel both live in Australia. We simply post what news there is. We posted an article last month about UK sales.

Those are pretty good sales numbers!  I think that the main reason it didn't sell more was because of the fact that many other games released around the same time.(Case in point, Assassin's Creed Unity, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Skylanders, etc.)  Since so many big games released in the holiday season, that's what made 2.5 struggle, but still, 2.5 is doing pretty well!  I frickin love 2.5!!!  I'm sure more people will buy the game with time. :)