Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

First look at FF1 on 3DS

This... Actually looks kinda nice. If it's cheap enough and comes to North America, I might pick it up. I've already got this game on Wii and GBA, although having it downloaded on my 3DS wouldn't be that bad.

Crap. 

Nevermind, then

It's possible it could come outside Japan, and it'd probably just be a download game if it did. I wouldn't be surprised if FFI made it to the 3DS eShop somehow, whether it's the NES version on Virtual Console, or this port of the PSP version.

It's possible it could come outside Japan, and it'd probably just be a download game if it did. I wouldn't be surprised if FFI made it to the 3DS eShop somehow, whether it's the NES version on Virtual Console, or this port of the PSP version.

I meant downloads are worthless to me: My house doesn't have wifi, so my 3DS is offline. I couldn't download it at all if it ever got released here, which sucks because I'd really enjoy having it. 

If I remember correctly, I think it was a download code that came with Final Fantasy Explorers in Japan.

Pre-order bonus for Explorers and now available for everyone in Japan today.

Japan has both. Haha.

I meant downloads are worthless to me: My house doesn't have wifi, so my 3DS is offline. I couldn't download it at all if it ever got released here, which sucks because I'd really enjoy having it. 

Oh, alright. I honestly kinda doubt it would get a physical release on 3DS since it's a smaller game, but it's also on PSP or Gameboy Advance if you'd like to play the game.

Pre-order bonus for Explorers and now available for everyone in Japan today.

Japan has both. Haha.

I figured it would have both, since Japan has a lot of Square's old SNES RPGs (and presumably NES ones too) on the Wii U's Virtual Console. Too bad they're not releasing those anywhere else, I'd love to get off-TV play for FFVI.

Oh, alright. I honestly kinda doubt it would get a physical release on 3DS since it's a smaller game, but it's also on PSP or Gameboy Advance if you'd like to play the game.

I figured it would have both, since Japan has a lot of Square's old SNES RPGs (and presumably NES ones too) on the Wii U's Virtual Console. Too bad they're not releasing those anywhere else, I'd love to get off-TV play for FFVI.

Yeah, nearly the notable Square NES and SNES games are on the Wii U Virtual Console. Just missing Chrono Trigger. SNES games still aren't on the 3DS Virtual Console.

Oh? It's on PSP? 

I'll look for it. I thought they only did FF4 on the PSP. 

I thought it was going to be remade with 3D models.

They aren't going to ever do full remakes of I or II. They would need a designer from the original development team to be in charge of it and there's only one of them left and he doesn't work on FF anymore.

Yeah, nearly all the Square NES and SNES games are on the Wii U Virtual Console. Just missing Chrono Trigger. SNES games still aren't on the 3DS Virtual Console.

I don't know how it was for Japan and the other regions, but Chrono Trigger took ages to get to North America's Virtual Console on the Wii. That could end up being the case again here. Also, I'm thinking that unless the fact that there's a GB game playable in Smash Bros Wii U is a hint for what's to come in the future of Virtual Console, Gameboy/Gameboy Color will remain exclusive to 3DS Virtual Console, while Wii U will get SNES/N64. I'd love to see SNES games on the 3DS personally, but it doesn't look very likely.

Oh? It's on PSP? 

I'll look for it. I thought they only did FF4 on the PSP. 

I through IV are all on PSP. From what I understand, I and II are pretty much remastered versions of the GBA remake, so it's pretty much the same thing the 3DS got minus the dual screen compatibility.

They aren't going to ever do full remakes of I or II. They would need a designer from the original development team to be in charge of it and there's only one of them left and he doesn't work on FF anymore.

They could just get the team that did the models of FFIII, FFIV, and FFIV: TAY.

I through IV are all on PSP. From what I understand, I and II are pretty much remastered versions of the GBA remake, so it's pretty much the same thing the 3DS got minus the dual screen compatibility.

Something to look for at the game store, then. 

Didn't they also do FF 3 on DS? 

Something to look for at the game store, then. 

Didn't they also do FF 3 on DS? 

Yeah, the PSP version of III is pretty much a port of that one with a few new features and (presumably) a new method to get the Onion Knight class.

They could just get the team that did the models of FFIII, FFIV, and FFIV: TAY.

Matrix Software handled the 3D remakes of III, IV and The After Years.

They would still need a designer from the original development team. 

Tanaka was in charge of III's remake.

Tokita was in charge of IV's remake.

Tanaka is long gone.

Tokita didn't work on I or II.

Kawazu is the only designer left for I or II. And he doesn't work on FF any more, let alone be hands on in a game's development.

I don't know how it was for Japan and the other regions, but Chrono Trigger took ages to get to North America's Virtual Console on the Wii. That could end up being the case again here. Also, I'm thinking that unless the fact that there's a GB game playable in Smash Bros Wii U is a hint for what's to come in the future of Virtual Console, Gameboy/Gameboy Color will remain exclusive to 3DS Virtual Console, while Wii U will get SNES/N64. I'd love to see SNES games on the 3DS personally, but it doesn't look very likely.

The PSP versions of I, II and IV are remakes but not full remakes.

Yeah, the PSP version of III is pretty much a port of that one with a few new features and (presumably) a new method to get the Onion Knight class.

Yes, it has a new method. All ports of III have some quest you do.

Matrix Software handled the 3D remakes of III, IV and The After Years.

They would still need a designer from the original development team. 

Tanaka was in charge of III's remake.

Tokita was in charge of IV's remake.

Tanaka is long gone.

Tokita didn't work on I or II.

Kawazu is the only designer left for I or II. And he doesn't work on FF any more, let alone be hands on in a game's development.

Tetsuya Nomura is one of the originals.

Oh wasn't he involve with the remakes of III, and IV, and TAY?

Nomura's never worked with Matrix Software.

And even if he did it wouldn't matter, you need a designer from the team who made that game originally. So FF1 back in 1987 and FF2 back in 1988. Akitoshi Kawazu is literally the only one left from FF1. And the only one left from FF2.

Well lets hope Tetsuya could remake V, and VI for the 3DS.

Would be much better off with Kitase and/or Ito remaking those two. Kitase wrote V with Sakaguchi and Ito was V's lead designer. And as for VI, they directed it. Haha.

Would be much better off with Kitase and/or Ito remaking those two. Kitase wrote V with Sakaguchi and Ito was V's lead designer. And as for VI, they directed it. Haha.

You said Tetsuya was involving with V so it makes sense having him do the enemies even Gilgamesh. Plus Tetsuya worked on Setzer in VI.

Edited by twilight_roxas