Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Adan870

Square Enix's Third Business Division is hiring for Kingdom Hearts III

Square Enix has posted a list of available job positions in their Third Business Division.

Square Enix's Third Business Division handled Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, Kingdom Hearts Re:coded, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX. They have also recently worked on a couple of other small Square Enix titles but the Division's focus is the Kingdom Hearts series with Shinji Hashimoto, the Kingdom Hearts series' executive producer serving as the Division's executive.

Square Enix has listed 13 jobs relating to Kingdom Hearts III and we have listed them below. There are also seven other job positions available but four are for the SaGa game coming to PlayStation Vita in 2015 and three jobs in Tokyo that could be for anything be it announced or unannounced.

No. 3BD / technical artist (Osaka work)

No. 3BD / menu designer (Osaka work)

No. 3BD / Battle Planner (Osaka work)

No. 3BD / production planner (Osaka work)

No. 3BD / level planner (Osaka work)

No. 3BD / Character Model Designer (Osaka work)

No. 3BD / background 2D Art designer (Osaka work)

No. 3BD / 3DCG designer (BG) (Osaka work)

No. 3BD / effects designer ( Osaka work)

No. 3BD / Art designer (Osaka work)

No. 3BD / UI Programmer (Osaka work)

No. 3BD / game programmer (Osaka work)

No. 3BD / 3D graphics programmer (Osaka work)

Update: goldpanner has translated the job summaries and these can be read below.

Spoiler

3BD/Cutscene Designer

Position Description: Working on cutscenes for Kingdom Hearts III. Taking part in the entire manufacturing process related to cutscene production, from storyboarding to layout and lighting.

3BD/Technical Artist (in Osaka)

Position Description: In charge of general technical assistance (workflow construction, selection of middleware etc) in implementing the high quality graphic expression of Kingdom Hearts III. In charge of construction duties for a shader on the game engine for nature representations (water, rain, snow etc), and special effects (magic etc) etc, during online games.

3BD/Menu Designer (in Osaka)

Position Description: In charge of data creation and design relating to the UI of Kingdom Hearts III. The goal is to communicate with planners and programmers to complete a user-friendly UI with an awareness of the style of the world as well as the characteristic feel of a Kingdom Hearts game.

3BD/Battle Planner (in Osaka)

Position Description: Planning the battles for Kingdom Hearts III. Specific Job Contents: battle plan creation (mainly enemy), specs creation and implementing AI that uses Unreal Engine4. Minigame etc plan, specs creation and fine-tuning. Player action and gameplay plan, specs creation.

3BD/Direction Planner (in Osaka)

Position Description: Using Unreal Engine4 to apply camera and direction to the explanations of the game player's techniques and maps and the introduction, advancement and completion of missions and battles. Carrying out meetings, storyboarding and ordering of materials in entirety until they are included.

3BD/Level Planner (in Osaka)

Position Description: Kingdom Hearts III level design and management tasks. Level design plan, specs creation and implementation adjustment. Minigame etc plan, specs creation and implementation adjustment.

3BD/Character Model Designer (in Osaka)

Position Description: General production work on characters to be in Kingdom Hearts III. Job specifics for Tokyo: texture creation involved in polishing up new and old models/texture creation. Design work. Job specifics for Osaka: working on character assets for PS4/XboxOne. Assigned work on the materials and shader used for Unreal Engine4. Schedule and quality management.

3BD/2D Background Art Designer (in Osaka)

Position Description: Creation of 2D design documents for the 3DBG designers to work from. Creating concept plans for the natural terrain/towns etc of the various worlds of Kingdom Hearts, and designing plans for the little objects they are made of (trees, signs, houses etc).

3BD/3DCG Designer (BG) (in Osaka)

Position Description: General work on background production for Kingdom hearts III. Job specifics: working on background assets for the PS4/Xbox One. Working on layout and lighting using UnrealEngine4. Schedule and quality management.

3BD/Effects Designer (in Osaka)

Position Description: Creating effects using our company's customised Unreal Engine4.

3BD/Art Designer (in Osaka)

Position Description: Designing the items and enemy characters to appear in Kingdom Hearts III (the goal is to create appealing designs with an awareness of the particular feel of the Kingdom Hearts universe). Proposing ideas regarding movement and gimmicks along with design plans.

3BD/UI Programmer (in Osaka)

Job Description: Carrying out maintenance, optimisation, implementation and design of programs for the game's HUD and menu etc. Always working with the shape of better controls and gameplay in mind.

3BD/Game Programmer (in Osaka)

Job Description: Being in charge of the maintenance and development of the gameplay programs for Kingdom Hearts III. Job Specifics: governing the actions of player, enemy and NPC characters. Implementing things relating to level construction. Implementing direction, special effects, VFX etc.

3BD/3D Graphics Programmer (in Osaka)

Job Description: Taking applications for staff to support the programming side of the visual expression of Kingdom Hearts III. Carry out maintenance, optimisation, implementation and design of real time rendering programs.

Click here to view the article

There never was a chance. I keep seeing people expecting a release for the 13th anniversary, but that's insane- they've just gotten used to Unreal Engine 4, and they just assigned teams to work on it. (And apparently they're still hiring people to work on it.) Unless they pull a Sonic 06, KH3's not coming this year.

Also firetruck you I'm an adult I don't have to wear pants if I don't want to.

Yeah I know. Despite the "confirmation" Goofy gave that it would be this year, I still questioned the validity of it being possible. I think at this point we'll be lucky to just get a trailer, considering how secret Nomura's trying to be. -____-

AND YOU WILL WEAR PANTS IF I TELL YOU TO! *Pulls out belt*

The thing is, they never actually mention KH3.

After further searching, they do, in fact, mention it.

God damn, its as if they fired their entire programmer team.

After further searching, they do, in fact, mention it.

God damn, its as if they fired their entire programmer team.

er... or they're hiring supplemental members because the Osaka team has only worked on handheld KH games?

This is actually great news. It seems they are hiring most (if not all) the people they need, which means that Nomura and Yasue must be pretty solid on their ideas for the game if they are ready to start this much programming.

It looks like square enix is hiring heaps of jobs for kh3 here:http://recruiting-site.jp/s/square-enix11/I used google translate and it looks like there are looking for a battle planner, level planner, model designer and heaps of other stuff. I wonder what this means for their development.

That doesn't mean anything they could just be looking for extra people.

There never was a chance. I keep seeing people expecting a release for the 13th anniversary, but that's insane- they've just gotten used to Unreal Engine 4, and they just assigned teams to work on it. (And apparently they're still hiring people to work on it.) Unless they pull a Sonic 06, KH3's not coming this year. Also firetruck you I'm an adult I don't have to wear pants if I don't want to.

This still doesn't mean anything, they could just be looking for extra help, doesn't mean they haven't done any developement

Yeah I know. Despite the "confirmation" Goofy gave that it would be this year, I still questioned the validity of it being possible. I think at this point we'll be lucky to just get a trailer, considering how secret Nomura's trying to be. -____- AND YOU WILL WEAR PANTS IF I TELL YOU TO! *Pulls out belt*

We'll most likely get a trailer still this year

Gosh I really just want a long and satisfying game but I don't want to wait until 2017, either. At least not late 2017. I can't believe I'm going to be 18 by the time KH3 comes out though. Kinda crazy. Also KH3 will be the first new game in the series to come out that isn't an HD collection since I've gotten into the series. Ehh, whatever. At least this is SOME progress I guess.

They need me T_T. I am studying computer science (3rd semester) and I can do all that stuff (except character modelling stuff, but I will learn that this year). I wish I would already have finished studying.Back to the topic:Like Shinysora said, they could just be looking for reinforcement :D

Yeah and how do we know if this is old or not?

Square Enix has posted a list of available job positions in their Third Business Division.Square Enix's Third Business Division handled Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, Kingdom Hearts Re:coded, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX. They have also recently worked on a couple of other small Square Enix titles but the Division's focus is the Kingdom Hearts series with Shinji Hashimoto, the Kingdom Hearts series' executive producer serving as the Division's executive.Square Enix has listed 13 jobs relating to Kingdom Hearts III and we have listed them below. There also seven other job positions available but four are for the SaGa game coming to PlayStation Vita in 2015 and three jobs in Tokyo that could be for anything be it announced or unannounced.

No. 3BD / technical artist (Osaka work)No. 3BD / menu designer (Osaka work)No. 3BD / Battle Planner (Osaka work)No. 3BD / production planner (Osaka work)No. 3BD / level planner (Osaka work)No. 3BD / Character Model Designer (Osaka work)No. 3BD / background 2D Art designer (Osaka work)No. 3BD / 3DCG designer (BG) (Osaka work)No. 3BD / effects designer ( Osaka work)No. 3BD / Art designer (Osaka work)No. 3BD / UI Programmer (Osaka work)No. 3BD / game programmer (Osaka work)No. 3BD / 3D graphics programmer (Osaka work)

Click here to view the article

They're probably just trying to speed up the development more.  They said we'll get more information this year so we'll probably start seeing some descent trailers at E3 or TGS and the game will probably be coming out next year maybe

They listed 13 jobs? It must be a set-up. Nomura has ulterior motives to set pieces of his heart into these hired people and make them Nomuras.

That's the same exact thing I thought!  I was like: "Wait, 13 job positions?  Holy crud, something fishy's going on!"  It really makes a person think. O.O

SaGa was only announced recently.

Back in 2014? If it was announced in December 2014 and the page was made during that time, shouldn't we already know this. I'm looking at articles and it said the SaGa game was announced in December.

Posted Image