Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Lingerign Will vs. Mysterious Figure  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the harder boss?

• Lingering Will
    • Mysterious Figure

Lingering Will (Terra's Armor) and the Mysterious Figure (Young Xehanort) are both considered to be among the most difficult boss battles in the series so I'm curious, which secret boss do you think is more difficult? Personally, I've never been able to beat either one (though I haven't started BbSFM yet but I could never defeat MF in the original PSP version)So, which one deserves the title of "Ultimate Secret Boss God of Death"?

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Depends

I kinda feel like the Lingering Will is easier, but only on an execution level. MF is just poorly designed, based more around waiting and chipping away at the health bar than particularly high skill. By comparison, Lingering Will is more like a set of micro-challenges, and dealing with each challenge well rewards you with a period of vulnerability for you to take advantage of

Both fights are extremely hard, make no mistake on that, and they are both frustrating bosses as well. 

I have beaten Mysterious Figure on both the original BbS (only as Ventus) and on BbSFM (as all three) now he is a lot more difficult in BbS because you could not use Air Dash to get out of that wipe attack he dose where he jumps in the air and throws a whip down to you that if you get caught in it you go up to him, that's basically game over in the original BbS.  In 2.5 you can get out of that move if you get caught in it so it makes the fight a little more easy because majority of my deaths to him in BbS was because of that attack.  His gimmicks sucks because the only way you can really hurt him is with surge moves preferably Thunder Surge because it's the best one out of the two (three if you are playing as Aqua) and if you try to hit him with just regular attacks he will stop and rewind time and heal himself a little which sucks.  He has less moves then Lingering Will but that's to be expected since this game was originally for the PSP.

Lingering Will does have a exploit that you can use but if you are trying to beat him without using that he is one tough cookie.  He has a long set of moves that can and will take you down to one HP and a few of those moves could just mean instant death, his move where he changes his Keyblade to a bow and shoots arrows at you and if you get hit you have to try to free yourself but you get hit when you hit the wrong thing or even if you do nothing which leads to death.  He can lock up either your Attack and Items or lock up your Magic and you have to beat a different health bar in order to get rid of that which will lead to death.   Another thing about Lingering Will is how he loses health when you get an opening depending on if you have all your combo pluses on or not you can do a full combo on him either three or five times.  If you have all your Combo Pluses on you can do up to three full combos and a finisher before he will start hurting you.  He starts off by losing small amounts of health until you build up more combo finishes from a successful combo that is probably a very cheap gimmick as well.

Me personally I actually enjoy the Lingering Will fight a lot more then Mysterious Figure.  From a gimmick perspective I am going to say Mysterious Figure is harder because there is only one way you can hurt him, which is with a surge move and he has renewal guard and he can rewind time.  Lingering Will does get my vote though because he dose a lot more damage to you and has more of an arsenal, sure he doesn't heal himself but he dose have more health and it takes longer for him to loss that health.

Mysterious Figure [for me], definitely. 

The Lingering Will can be extremely easy depending on your level [generally 70+]. His attacks probably won't let you with 1hp if you can avoid combo sequences. You pretty much need to fly around aimlessly until you see an opening and strike as much as you can. The problem is when he is close to being defeated, but Second Chance and Once More should be more than enough to prevent you from dying during that time.As for Mysterious Figure, I faced him at level 45~50 in the original BbS, and managed to beat him, but the fight is pretty hard and you have to pace yourself and pay attention to each second of it.

Not mentioning that when going against LW, you have Donald and Goofy to heal you with Potions and restore your MP with Ethers -- you can literally win it using some consecutive Comet [Donald's Limit]. As Goofy and Donald restore your MP everytime you use the limit, it becomes pretty easy to become "invincible" for a looong while. 

I have to agree that they are totally different bosses, and therefore, hardly comparable, considering the fact that even the conditions you have to fight are different. It would be better to name each of them as the hardest secret boss from each game they belong in [although No Heart can be extremely hard...]

Edited by Lu Xun

Mysterious Figure is kind of fake hard compared to LW.

All you have to do to beat Mysterious Figure is use the right command (Thunder Surge) at the right time, and dodge for the rest of the battle. It's long, and it's easy to firetruck up, but with persistence it's very doable.

They both share a random pattern, it's just that you deal with Mysterious Figure the same way every time, whereas with LW you have to constantly be adjusting your strategy to manage the battle.

I can beat Mysterious Figure at Level 30. I'm at Level 99 and I've been trying off and on for weeks and I've yet to beat Lingering Will, and it's because no matter how you look at it, Lingering Will is really really firetrucking hard.

His pattern is random, some of his moves are instant kills and are really firetrucking hard to avoid, and even the best strategies are prone to failure if he decides to switch up which moves he uses. Openings are few and they can turn on you, and you get regularly eviscerated. It's on a different level entirely from Mysterious Figure.

TL;DR: Anyone can beat Mysterious Figure if they know the pattern. You have to actually be good at the game to beat Lingering Will.

Mysterious Figure.

Because he obviously has the greatest boss design ever. *end sarcasm*

Even with the ideal strategy, it's still possible for him to say "NOPE" and then you're just dead.

Lingering Will gets easier once you figure out how he works.

Lingering Will. There's a difference between reflexes and timing; the fight against MF relies on the former, LW on the latter. I've got killer reflexes, but timing takes practice.

Both are fun, though.

i could sit hear and listen to people find a way to argue that mysterious figure is harder than lingering will, or i could just say, when we fight lingering while we are in level 99 and we still get shat on, its like two girls one cup except it's a one sided shitting, the other one is just excepting it. on the other hand mysterious figure you can beat that guy any time between level 56-100 i just beat him today with Terra, the slowest character you use and i was in level 64. also the thing with lingering will he will not take your shit, he will only give it, he will retaliate fast and  when he is done retaliating he will sit there for one second to get your hopes up for an opening but when there really isn't one. on that note i have betten both, and if i hat the patience to train to level 100 in BBS, i would probably destroy mysterious figure with in the minute but i don't therefore i won't.

Mysterious Figure is kind of fake hard compared to LW.

All you have to do to beat Mysterious Figure is use the right command (Thunder Surge) at the right time, and dodge for the rest of the battle. It's long, and it's easy to firetruck up, but with persistence it's very doable.

what if persistence doesn't want to go to everyones house for one boss battle?

With tries and training:

- I wrecked Lingering Will;

- Mysterious Figure wrecks Terra;

- MF>Lingering Will (To me)By the way thanks to multiple abilities, equipment and boost Sora is highly overpowered, while Terra even if on level 99 is like a meat sack for the secret bosses of BbSFM. If only he could dodge...

Lingering Will can easily be beaten using Fenrir and the negative combo strategy. Mysterious figure is 10x harder on Critical ESPECIALLY using Terra. Mysterious Figure is the harder boss for sure

Lingering Will because it's a tough but fair fight. Mysterious Figure is harder but that is because it is pretty badly designed and just a cheap unfun boss in general IMO.

okay.. for me is Mysterious figure or Young Xehanort. Because looks like he force me to really concentrate of all his attack. if i didn`t take it seriously he would kill me in the second. but fortunately i was able to take him down with aqua. still. learning of all his move is the key to winning the battle. but i hate when he would use that vanish and then start to spam mega flare and meteor alltogether. and  that magnega whip he threw to me ... :ohmy:   ... 

Mysterious Figure's difficulty comes from endless combos and his almost instant kills. It's more time consuming than challenging since all you do is dodge until you get an opening. The only challenge comes from trying to beat the fight before your thumb falls off. 

Mysterious Figure. He isent all just about dodging and surging. He is relentless unlike most bosses where he will attack back to back, you just have to counter those attacks. As an example I defeated him at a medium level with only attack moves and cure with minimum dodging. There is a way to dodge all of his attacks and he has patterns. People use surges because its easy. as an example: His turn back time move is not random, If you wait a few seconds in between pressing the attack button when hitting him you can get a feel for if he will do it or not and then dodge accordingly. If you fight MF without cheap command moves then its a test of skill and reaction timing, especially if your not dodging every second. Taunting him in between attacks is especially epic.  They are both great bosses though. The AI in the kingdom hearts series is great

Now that I beated them both, I could say: no one. Since the game mechanichs are so different in my opinion, there is no stronger boss. KHBbS is frenetic and you have the Secret Bosses always attacking you whenever they can, KH2 is more dinamic and as you can see the Lingering Will always waits 1 and a half second before attacking again. BTW, there is no doubt in saying that they're the strongest bosses in their own games. But if I still have to choose, Mysterious Figure. More frustrating, it took more attemps.

While I've beaten both bosses (and grinder my teeth during both of them), I'd have to say Mysterious Figure. During Lingering Will, the first time took my two full hours to beat and that includes dying multiple times. When I played him a second time in the Japanese version, he wasn't as difficult. Mysterious Figure on the other hand, was a pain in the ass for all 3 BBS characters.I firmly believe that this is the case because Lingering Wil is a lot easier to make vulnerable since you can block his attacks and he leaves himself open after every couple of attacks regardless of blocking. Mysterious Figure you have to dodge constantly and then hope to hit him with a Thunder or Fire Surge and then start dodging again. God forbid you get hit by him...