Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Sora96

Division 3 discontinues support for TWEWY on iOS

Business Division 3 (the Kingdom Hearts division) has discontinued support for The World Ends With You on iOS. I have confirmed with Square Enix and support will continue for the Android version. Who would have thought Nomura's an Android guy? :P

Source

tht sucks,even if i only have the ds version that i play on my 3ds xD and i just happen to be listening to TWEWY ost 

That would mean paying double in a lot of cases.

It's really not that expensive, unless the price shot up recently.

Yeah, the original Kingdom Hearts plays so much better on the PS2.Oh, wait.

I don't see a reason for this response to be so rude, but I actually prefer it on PS2, thank you very much. Less bugs on there.

And this isn't even a matter of how well it plays, it's the fact that the mobile version of TWEWY is dumbed down.

Yeah, the original Kingdom Hearts plays so much better on the PS2.Oh, wait.

I'm sorry for being kinda annoying now, but I think you really can't compare the two.

KHFM in 1.5 is pretty much just an enhanced version, they didn't change the gameplay mechanics like they did in TWEWY solo remix.

It comes down to preferences though. I know some people actually prefer the solo remix, but personally I can't see myself enjoying it since I really like the dual screen combat system that TWEWY has. I'm kinda biased though, and obviously my opinion isn't entirely valid since I have only played the DS version.

I don't see a reason for this response to be so rude, but I actually prefer it on PS2, thank you very much. Less bugs on there. And this isn't even a matter of how well it plays, it's the fact that the mobile version of TWEWY is dumbed down.

Sorry, didn't mean for it to come off as rude, just sarcastic, my bad.I don't quite see how it's "dumbed down", though, and I think my original analogy was apt. In the original Kingdom Hearts, the camera controls were a complete nightmare, and there was no sense of intuitiveness, which they added by streamlining a lot of the functions in the HD remaster. TWEWY is the same; it's a different playstyle, to be sure, but the original could be very cumbersome. There's a difference between being difficult and being clunky, and TWEWY often walked that line (and was rightly criticized for it, in some reviews). 

I'm sorry for being kinda annoying now, but I think you really can't compare the two.KHFM in 1.5 is pretty much just an enhanced version, they didn't change the gameplay mechanics like they did in TWEWY solo remix.It comes down to preferences though. I know some people actually prefer the solo remix, but personally I can't see myself enjoying it since I really like the dual screen combat system that TWEWY has. I'm kinda biased though, and obviously my opinion isn't entirely valid since I have only played the DS version.

Perhaps not as drastic a change, but for me, the difference comes down to, as I said above, intuitiveness. Solo Remix is much more fun to play because of well-fitting combat tweaks and upgrades (like omni-directional movement) that the original just couldn't have. It doesn't make the original a bad game (obviously it's not, because it wouldn't have gotten an HD overhaul otherwise), but for a lot of people (such as myself) the new version might have been their entry point. I never discovered the original until after playing the mobile version, and it's tough going back.