Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Sora96's FINAL FANTASY II Review

I played the Android version of FINAL FANTASY II which is a port of the iOS version which is a port of the PlayStation Portable remake. I reviewed this game not too long ago but after completing the game I am forced to re-review the game due to my view of the game changing massively.

The game has a hellish start, if you walk the wrong way you'll die and it takes a while to get used to the game’s “level-up” system. Eventually though you get to a place where you can enjoy the story and in the most part just roll through all the battles. I hardly ever died in this game. It’s one of the easiest FINAL FANTASY games I've ever played.

I was annoyed at the lack of good things to buy in this game. You can buy an Elixir but you have to pay 50,000 gil. The game’s final dungeon will allow you to easily make over a million gil but of course you can't spend and if you could even if you could all you'd be buying is overpriced Elixirs.

In terms of music, it’s another classic score by Uematsu.

Graphically this game is quite nice for 2D. The PSP remake’s graphics hold up quite well on Android smartphones and iPhones. Sadly it will not look good on a tablet since the game like the first one is only available in SD unlike III, IV, V and VI which were all remastered in HD.

The touch-screen controls are pretty basic but they work well enough.

There is no gamepad or cloud saving support. Nor any achievements.

Unlike the shocking Android port of the first game, the bonus dungeons, bestiary and music player have been included.

The story is quite good, especially for the time it was originally made.

There’s also a story called Soul of Rebirth after you complete the game. It’s a short story involving characters from the main game. It was a very nice touch a decade ago in the GBA port and like the main game the PSP remake has been very faithful.

This port is a bit buggy though, so keep that in mind.

FINAL FANTASY II is actually a good game.

Like FINAL FANTASY, the definitive version of FINAL FANTASY II is the Anniversary Edition which were both developed for the PlayStation Portable and can be played on PlayStation Vita if you don’t live in North America. If you don’t own a PS Vita or PSP, the iPhone and Android versions are fine choices but like the first game you might be better served waiting for the likely Nintendo 3DS port. Regardless of which of the three, likely four versions you choose for the Anniversary Edition you'll be able to enjoy a good game. There's also the Game Boy Advance and PlayStation ports of the WonderSwan Color remakes but I'd recommend sticking to the Anniversary Edition.

7/10

I rage quit this game so often... the battles were hellish. 

Kinda wish I had Android now

The battles really aren't that bad as long as you don't wander off into a place you're not supposed to. :/

I played the Android version of FINAL FANTASY II which is a port of the iOS version which is a port of the PlayStation Portable remake. I reviewed this game not too long ago but after completing the game I am forced to re-review the game due to my view of the game changing massively.

The game has a hellish start, if you walk the wrong way you'll die and it takes a while to get used to the game’s “level-up” system. Eventually though you get to a place where you can enjoy the story and in the most part just roll through all the battles. I hardly ever died in this game. It’s one of the easiest FINAL FANTASY games I've ever played.

I was annoyed at the lack of good things to buy in this game. You can buy an Elixir but you have to pay 50,000 gil. The game’s final dungeon will allow you to easily make over a million gil but of course you can't spend and if you could even if you could all you'd be buying is overpriced Elixirs.

In terms of music, it’s another classic score by Uematsu.

Graphically this game is quite nice for 2D. The PSP remake’s graphics hold up quite well on Android smartphones and iPhones. Sadly it will not look good on a tablet since the game like the first one is only available in SD unlike III, IV, V and VI which were all remastered in HD.

The touch-screen controls are pretty basic but they work well enough.

There is no gamepad or cloud saving support. Nor any achievements.

Unlike the shocking Android port of the first game, the bonus dungeons, bestiary and music player have been included.

The story is quite good, especially for the time it was originally made.

There’s also a story called Soul of Rebirth after you complete the game. It’s a short story involving characters from the main game. It was a very nice touch a decade ago in the GBA port and like the main game the PSP remake has been very faithful.

This port is a bit buggy though, so keep that in mind.

FINAL FANTASY II is actually a good game.

Like FINAL FANTASY, the definitive version of FINAL FANTASY II is the Anniversary Edition which were both developed for the PlayStation Portable and can be played on PlayStation Vita if you don’t live in North America. If you don’t own a PS Vita or PSP, the iPhone and Android versions are fine choices but like the first game you might be better served waiting for the likely Nintendo 3DS port. Regardless of which of the three, likely four versions you choose for the Anniversary Edition you'll be able to enjoy a good game. There's also the Game Boy Advance and PlayStation ports of the WonderSwan Color remakes but I'd recommend sticking to the Anniversary Edition.

7/10

have u beaten Soul of Rebirth? cuse theres a pretty intersting plot twist at the end of it