Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Isamu Kuno

Theory: Xehanort has precognition?

Now, Flaming lea has already provided evidence debunking this theory, namely that Nomura specifically said this wasn't the case but I felt this theory was too good to share, even if it is wrong.What’s the meaning behind the several puzzling images in Terra’s chapter where we cross over into his mind?"Firstly, when he hears the name of the masked boy from Master Xehanort at the mysterious wasteland, and we see an image of Aqua and Ventus defeated, that’s a hint of the future. On Destiny Islands, when he makes Riku his successor, he has a special view of him and catches a glimpse of his future. However, this isn’t to say that Terra has the ability to see the future—it was a directive nuance intended to portray the future connection between Terra and Riku." -BbS UltimaniaSo while replaying BbS, I remembered that there are hints toward Terra having some kind of precognitive power, the ability to see glimpses of the future.https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=C2OiE3T9lX4As seen heart Terra seems to get a vision of the events at Keyblade Graveyard.https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mncdm144uUUHere it appears that he gets another glimpse of the future.Now for Xehanort.https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BYzaeOQ7ayMAs seen here young Xehanort says that even though he'll forget his journey through time, these events will lead him down the destined path, after all, CoM, KHII, Days, Re;coded and 3D all show that memories never really disappear completely.So, while Terra may not have precognition, what if Xehanort has some form of pseudo-precognition in which his memories of this travels through time occasionally surface, giving him glimpses of the future that seem like visions? This would explain how he's been able to plan for every possible contingency. Add in the Book of Prophecy, and it's no wonder he's always been one step ahead.But if that's the case, this may be how he finally fails once and for all. Young Xehanort said "It is the future that lies beyond my sight" His visions only lead up to the climax of 3D, meaning in KH III, Master Xehanort won't be able to rely on them and so he won't be able to form any more back-up plans. Unless he gets/has the Book of Prophecy, he can't see the future anymore.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

I really like the theory that Young Xehanort experiencing future events are what let him know, even just subconsciously, things that are going to happen and allow him to formulate his absurd future plans around that. That actually makes the whole time travel thing almost kind of make sense.

Theory: Nomura is just bullshit ting his way through the story because he has no idea where to go with it anymore and made this plot destroying minaserey.

Seriously though, I doubt he has precondition. If he did he could have expected Aqua attacking him in the final episode and thus been able to prepare better for it. Having his body run around memoryless likely wasn't the plan.

Theory: Nomura is just bullshit ting his way through the story because he has no idea where to go with it anymore and made this plot destroying minaserey.Seriously though, I doubt he has precondition. If he did he could have expected Aqua attacking him in the final episode and thus been able to prepare better for it. Having his body run around memoryless likely wasn't the plan.

That's not a theory, that's a fact. lolJust because he may have precognition doesn't necessarily mean he'd be able to control it though. He may not be able to pick and choose the visions he gets or when they come.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

He does, but he still does his best to tie things together retroactively.

He does, but he still does his best to tie things together retroactively.

Sometimes most times he is happy to retcon stuff lol. But like I said I like this theory it is really good..

...isn't it basically confirmed Xehanort has the Tome of Prophecy?

Not at all, it's only been mentioned once, by Maleficent, so it could be anywhere. Xehanort might have it, but then so could Yen Sid or it could just be lost somewhere in one of the realms. We have no clue what happened to it after the Keyblade war. though I do think he at least read it during his studies since he keeps quoting that last line. That may actually be what stared awakening the time-travel memories, or not.

Not at all, it's only been mentioned once, by Maleficent, so it could be anywhere. Xehanort might have it, but then so could Yen Sid or it could just be lost somewhere in one of the realms. We have no clue what happened to it after the Keyblade war. though I do think he at least read it during his studies since he keeps quoting that last line. That may actually be what stared awakening the time-travel memories, or not.

what about Braig commenting on how Xehanort seems like he can see into the future? And aren't there even more hints in KHX?

what about Braig commenting on how Xehanort seems like he can see into the future? And aren't there even more hints in KHX?

That can also feed into my precognition theory though. Besides, what Braig actually said is that it seems like he can see into peoples minds. Also, that scene is before 3D, when Xehanort could still tell what was going to happen. And there  is no mention of Xehanort at all in chi. Yet. That guy in the black coat could be anyone. yeah there are some hints that he's tied to it, but hints are sometimes red herrings, meant to intentionally mislead the audience, so you cant really rely on them.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

That can also feed into my precognition theory though. Besides, what Braig actually said is that it seems like he can see into peoples minds. Also, that scene is before 3D, when Xehanort could still tell what was going to happen. And there  is no mention of Xehanort at all in chi. Yet. That guy in the black coat could be anyone. yeah there are some hints that he's tied to it, but hints are sometimes red herrings, meant to intentionally mislead the audience, so you cant really rely on them.

I'm just saying, there's more credence that a book that lets you see the future is the reason that Xehanort can see the future, not some as of yet unexplored ability to jsut see the future.

I'm just saying, there's more credence that a book that lets you see the future is the reason that Xehanort can see the future, not some as of yet unexplored ability to jsut see the future.

True, but if he had the Book of Prophecy, why would he not be able to see what's going to happen after 3D?

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

what makes you say he can't?

When Sora was falling into darkness, Young Xehanort said "It is the future which lies beyond my sight."i would think that if the elder Xehanort had the Book, we would have shared the knowledge goof the coming events with his younger self, to put yet more plans in motion and ensure his success, he's going to forget it all anyway, so why not?

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

When Sora was falling into darkness, Young Xehanort said "It is the future which lies beyond my sight."i would think that if the elder Xehanort had the Book, we would have shared the knowledge goof the coming events with his younger self, to put yet more plans in motion and ensure his success, he's going to forget it all anyway, so why not?

Young Xehanort isn't the one who can see the future, the Xehanort pulling the strings is (presumably old Xehanort)

Young Xehanort is doomed to do things without understanding why

Young Xehanort isn't the one who can see the future, the Xehanort pulling the strings is (presumably old Xehanort)

Young Xehanort is doomed to do things without understanding why

That still doesn't answer my question, just avoids it. Young Xehanort knew what his elder selfs plans for Sora and the Seeker were, likely because he told himself. Why then woudl he not tell himself what happens beyond that point so he can carry out even more orders?

My theory states that Xehanort, and all incarnations of him, only have this power because of the events of 3D and thus, can only see the future up to that point.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

That still doesn't answer my question, just avoids it. Young Xehanort knew what his elder selfs plans for Sora and the Seeker were, likely because he told himself. Why then woudl he not tell himself what happens beyond that point so he can carry out even more orders?

My theory states that Xehanort, and all incarnations of him, only have this power because of the events of 3D and thus, can only see the future up to that point.

It's not avoiding it. Young Xehanrot isn't the one who knows the future, he's just told what to do by another Xehanort. He himself can't see the future, and his failure was almost definitely part of Xehanort's plans for going forward