Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Sora96

Toriyama's new title could still be X-3 or a similar big project

Toriyama, the director of division 1 said his new title will be announced this year. Some people believed since division 1 is also working on Mevius that they would not be able to do a title on the scale of Final Fantasy X-3 but this is not true. Division 1's lead staff are not working on Mevius. Eg. Nojima is writing the scenario not Watanabe. Toshitaka Matsuda, the division's 2nd art director is serving as art director.

That leaves the division's leading staff to work on Toriyama's title, this includes.

Yuji Abe (Game Design Director)
Nobuyuki Matsuoka (Battle System Director)
Isamu Kamikokuryo (Art Director)
Daisuke Watanabe (Scenario Writer)

Are you really thinking X-3 will still happen? They usually don't go to the next title until all that series is done (like with XIII), I don't think they will just go back and make another title of a series that ended.

Are you really thinking X-3 will still happen? They usually don't go to the next title until all that series is done (like with XIII), I don't think they will just go back and make another title of a series that ended.

Not true. They did Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus while XIII was in development.

And don't forget the audio drama and novella.

Not true. They did Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus while XIII was in development. And don't forget the audio drama and novella.

I can forget it, because I have only really gotten into the 13 series, I don't know about the others

I can forget it, because I have only really gotten into the 13 series, I don't know about the others

Allow me to help then!

Business Division 1 (1st Production Department No.1)

Head
Yoshinori Kitase (Producer)

Notable Staff
  • Motomu Toriyama (Director)
  • Yuji Abe (Game Design Director)
  • Nobuyuki Matsuoka (Battle System Director)
  • Isamu Kamikokuryo (Art Director)
  • Daisuke Watanabe (Scenario Writer)
  • Toshiyuki Itahana (Character Designer)
  • Toshitaka Matsuda (2nd Art Director)

Notable Projects
  • Final Fantasy VII (1997)
  • Final Fantasy VIII (1999)
  • Final Fantasy X (2001)
  • Final Fantasy X-2 (2003)
  • Dirge of Cerberus -Final Fantasy VII- (2006)
  • Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (2007)
  • Blood of Bahamut (2009)
  • Final Fantasy XIII (2009)
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2011)
  • Final Fantasy VII - PC remaster (2012)
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (2013)
  • Final Fantasy VIII - PC remaster (2013)
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (2013)
  • Mevius Final Fantasy (2015)
  • Title directed by Toriyama to be announced in 2015 (TBA)

I loved final fantasy 10 it's my favorite final fantasy after 15 so im all for it >_<

Edited by liamaru

That kinda doesn't mean that it has ended since they obviously made it for a reason.

Also, FFIV The After Years was released in 2008. 17 years after the original game.

It would continue on from that, yes.

How big do you think FFX-3 will be if they make it. Would you compare it to a main title or a spin-off. 

Edited by Sorarocks93

That kinda doesn't mean that it has ended since they obviously made it for a reason.

Also, FFIV The After Years was released in 2008. 17 years after the original game.

How big do you think FFX-3 will be if they make it. Would you compare it to a main title or a spin-off. 

I would put it in the same class as X-2, XIII-2 and LR.

I would put it in the same class as X-2, XIII-2 and LR.

I didn't play those two but were they bigger than XIII? I don't really mean length but what you can do and how much you can explore (towns,npc's, secrets etc.)

Edited by Sorarocks93

I didn't play those two but were they bigger than XIII? I don't really mean length but what you can do and how much you can explore (towns,npc's, secrets etc.)

Yeah I think they were both bigger than XIII. They weren't as linear. You could also actually talk to merchants in LR. :D

In terms of budget: A lot less.

In terms of length: Less. Perfect lengths.

In terms of side quests and stuff: A lot more.

It's the only way the X series can be redeemed.

How?By bringing back Sin and rendering our entire quest in FFX completely pointless?

And how the firetruck can Sin be brought back after the cycle of the final summoning got broken without any Aeon left for him to either possess and morph into a final aeon?

How?By bringing back Sin and rendering our entire quest in FFX completely pointless?

And how the firetruck can Sin be brought back after the cycle of the final summoning got broken without any Aeon left for him to either possess and morph into a final aeon?

I don't care if they have to make Dark Shiva the ending boss of the game. Anything is better than X-2. As long as that ain't the last game of its series.

How?By bringing back Sin and rendering our entire quest in FFX completely pointless?And how the firetruck can Sin be brought back after the cycle of the final summoning got broken without any Aeon left for him to either possess and morph into a final aeon?

Ahhhh your forgetting about seymour he was also present inside sin and what was his goal? To become sin right?

I don't care if they have to make Dark Shiva the ending boss of the game. Anything is better than X-2. As long as that ain't the last game of its series.

We Don't talk about 10-2 just pretend that fake powerpuff girls , magical girl game never existed

Ahhhh your forgetting about seymour he was also present inside sin and what was his goal? To become sin right?We Don't talk about 10-2 just pretend that fake powerpuff girls , magical girl game never existed

Well we stopped Seymour and Yuna sent his ass to the farplane now didn't she?

If he merged with Sin or became Sin we would've noticed by now since the only way to become Sin is to do the final summoning and become the final aeon,A.K.A Sin.........A.K.A Jecht at the time of FFX

So really how the firetruck would Sin come back WITHOUT AN AEON TO MERGE WITH SINCE YU YEVON DIED AND TOOK THE AEONS AND ALL OF THE OLD YEVON TRADITIONS WITH HIM????

Well we stopped Seymour and Yuna sent his ass to the farplane now didn't she?If he merged with Sin or became Sin we would've noticed by now since the only way to become Sin is to do the final summoning and become the final aeon,A.K.A Sin.........A.K.A Jecht at the time of FFXSo really how the firetruck would Sin come back WITHOUT AN AEON TO MERGE WITH SINCE YU YEVON DIED AND TOOK THE AEONS AND ALL OF THE OLD YEVON TRADITIONS WITH HIM????

Who knows seymour was a really persistent basterd other then him maybe owaka became sin lol

Who knows seymour was a really persistent basterd other then him maybe owaka became sin lol

persistent doesn't equal bad writing your villain out of the situation and defying the rules you established for the universe of your story for the sake of making a third game

And really after listening to the audio drama and reading the little novel about Yuna and Tidus's awkward moment  I don't think the result of X-3 would be better if anything it can potentially be worse