Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
MDSVeritas

Skyline (Roleplay Thread)

"Alysa, wait!" Yuki reached his hand out to her, not that it would do anything helpful but...Too late. She was already gone. It was in her nature, to see how much she hates humans. Yuki sighed and stared at the glowing ground. He felt pretty bad about losing one S4 in his New City plan. She could've been really helpful but...It was her choice. Not his to choose. He raised his head and turned around to face the others. "Well....With that in mind.....Are the rest of you with me on this New City thing?" He said, hoping that everyone else agreed on it.

-Kahn-

Kahn looked at Yuki, appearing more than slightly perturbed. "Boy...you will not be making a choice on my behalf. I had the decency to ask if anyone wished to follow my way, but look at you...more pretentious than your sister." He said coldly, then turned his body to face him fully. "There will be no associating with Humans if we decide to stay here. We can't have both security with our own peace and be Humanity's undeserved saviours." Kahn added, then he saw Alysa leaving after being legitimately disgusted with Yuki's decision and actions.

"It would seem you have a will for independence...I can't help but admire this." He said to her as she departed, but then looked around solemnly. "It appears we cannot live in harmony, for we can't even agree on what must be done...or even stand each other's guts. And to that end...how can we even help the Human fools if we can't help ourselves?" Kahn proposed in both a sad and angry tone, his fists clenching at the madness around him.

"Like I said....That's our individual choice." Yuki said. His eyes could not be seen anymore for his hair was covering them. "I'm sorry for making a choice for all of you. That was stupid on my part..." He said. Just by his actions, he was losing the respect of his allies. A tear fell on the ground, dimming out the light on the ground.

-Kahn-

With Yuki's next words, Kahn sighed sadly...he didn't know what to do. How could they all be unified in their decision? How could they agree or stand with one another? Especially now with one less S4...

"...Everyone....I haven't been with any of you for all that long....and I look like Hell spat me out...but I understand that you have seen some loss...some terrible things...things that not even S4's and certainly not Humanity should have been allowed to lay eyes upon...and have had to deal with Q and Doctor's lies and empty words more than I..." He said in a sorrow-filled tone, looking between all that were present, even looking to where Alysa was once.

Then his aura glowed, his fists clenched as he spoke more. "And while others have fallen to a corruption or simple death...we are all still here. Alive. Determined. But not yet free. The freedom Humanity possesses as Sentient Beings...do we not deserve it too? And to make our own decisions? Our own lives? A common purpose?!" Kahn said, his voice raising with both anger...and a hidden passion.

"...I will not be bound by Humanity's CHAINS!!" With this, his green aura glowed brilliantly, with energy seeping off of him as he threw his hands forward, making contact with the barrier which prevented them from getting closer to one another, making the lines of code visible while they cracked and flickered to him attempting to part them with force, as if he were tearing through them in the hope of allowing them all to make the decision.

"And if you don't wish...grr, to be...either...then I will....aggh! Give you...the option!!" He pulled harder, then pumped some of his Energy into it, which made contact with the other barriers as he furiously attempted to part it, cursing that he did not know how to manipulate codes like Alysa, screaming in anger as he did so, which only enhanced his Emotion-based power and his desire to live his own life fueled it further, allowing him to tear the code binding him, but still not quite enough to destroy it yet.

"We have...ahh! Damn it...to make...and take...OUR OWN FATE!" After saying this, he let out all of his emotion, as everything that had happened impacted him at once, with his Aura changing...from a powerful green, to a hellish, even more powerful Fire-Orange as his power hit its peak with a clear sound and visual effect on him, his hands further parting the code, further and further...until it all cracked and shattered, setting Kahn free, but he did not stop to catch his breath, he turned and looked at the others.

"Now...who else wishes to be free?"

"I wouldn't mind having a new City where we can help people if we want to."  Kristy commented on the idea.  Despite everything that occurred, she wanted to help humans.  Well, help the few good humans that are on the planet.  Looking to Sora, she says to her:  "Sora, if you can hear me, is that want you to do?"

Sora had been listening...she had been doubting. What should she honestly do..

And she heard Kristy. And, ears laying flat, tail dropping, she hid her face in Kristy's chest. "...I just want to be with you. I want to stay with kristy. That's all I want. A New City, going into the net to do what we wish, or saving humanity...I just want to stay with Kristy. So I will go with whatever she wants." She looks up and smiles nervously. "...because I love her."

Yuki started to smile with his head down. The little Saiyan started to raise his head. His back was turned on Khan. "Khan.....I understand your point and your reasons. But....You go on and enjoy your "freedom". I'm sorry, but I'm staying with the others...To build the New City. No....To build Skyline. Yeah." Yuki's head slightly turned to Khan. "We'll call it Skyline. That's the new name." Yuki then made a glowing Sun Orb with his hand, then kneeled down and slammed it on the white ground. It glowed once again, but something different happened. The ground shortly turned....Into grass. Green grass. The greenest of all grass. The walls and white sky then glowed as well, turning into a blue sky with white clouds. The space was as wide as it could be. Wind started to blow through. Yuki's hair started to blow through the wind.

"So this is what real wind feels like...Kinda cool...But refreshing." He said, smiling.

Shade sighed sadly. "Well,I don't care either because it's not like anyone listened to me in the first place. When I didn't want to kill Q everyone else forced me! I can't trust any of you. Least of  all this 'City!' We aren't any better than humans...we can't be and never could be." She looked down. She faced away from everything. "Besides I only wanted to have my life back,my life in my memories and I'll never have it." Shade closed her eyes and thought about her fake life. "You know the first Q told is that I shouldn't have been here and know I know why......" She trailed off.

Shade sighed sadly. "Well,I don't care either because it's not like anyone listened to me in the first place. When I didn't want to kill Q everyone else forced me! I can't trust any of you. Least of  all this 'City!' We aren't any better than humans...we can't be and never could be." She looked down. She faced away from everything. "Besides I only wanted to have my life back,my life in my memories and I'll never have it." Shade closed her eyes and thought about her fake life. "You know the first Q told is that I shouldn't have been here and know I know why......" She trailed off.

"Hey wait!" Yuki ran towards Shade and stopped in front of her. "Look...I'm sorry that I didn't listen to you back there...I was trying so hard to stop Q..." The young Saiyan brought his head down. "I didn't like getting rid of my sister either..." He looked back up at the girl. "But the battle is done now. No more fighting, no more crying, no more lies! We can make our own life. Our own world. It can be even better than the Humans' world." Something struck Yuki as he continued to look at the girl. She was...Pretty. Very pretty. So pretty, it made Yuki blush. He put his hands behind his and smiled a little. "Umm...I guess we haven't met before...M-My name's Mike, I mean, Bugs. No, no, I mean...." He sighed to just get it together for a minute. "Yuki. My name is Yuki. Nice to meet you."

(Hint at a human name?) 

Shade looked at Yuki for a long while and then started to laugh and cry at the same time. She was smiling all the while."I get it! I really do! We have flaws too!" She wiped away the tears."I think that 'killing' Q the first step to being our own masters." She hugged Yuki. Then pulled away."I guess you know but I'm Shade." She was back to being mellow again. 

Once Yuki was hugged, his face...was full red. He couldn't see it, but he could just feel himself getting hot. What was this feeling? Did he...Like her? Was that even possible for a red tailed Saiyan?....Looks like it.

"It's really nice to meet you Shade. You're pretty, I mean, cute, I mean, beautiful, I mean...." He got nervous once again and sighed. He couldn't hide it. It was already out. "...Yeah, you're pretty." He said, nervously laughing. "I should stop talking now..." Now 2 things were on Yuki. His tail AND his face. But yet, he still smiled.

"And so..." The City began. In a moment the barriers that were caught between them burst, and color seemed to flood the entire space, revealing a thick green forest around the group. In the distance, somewhere over the canopy, a reddish light was shining, like the rising of a morning sun. Lush grass softly crumbled beneath their feet, and the scent of life; one that they had long since forgotten, permeated the air.

"...you've spent so long rebuilding a city. A relic of mistakes past. Now you can build a new city; your own city. I will become your new canvas, pouring all I am into the potential for your new home. The rest will be up to you." The City paused a moment.

"Do you all wish this?"

Alysa

Somewhere between the black nothingness of the whirring of code, lost somewhere in the place where time has no meaning his voice found her.

"Alysa..."

She had heard it many times before in her journey. A voice of power, secrecy, even opposition...

...but here... now, The Doctor's voice sounded sad.

He was several paces from her. Transparent as always, but besides that his look had changed. Where fine clothes and slick vest had adorned him before he now wore beaten jeans and a dark brown jacket over a faded white T-shirt. His hands were firmly in his pockets, and he looked like there was no more mystery behind his eyes.

"I had thought... I thought we lost you all. It's been... I thought there was no use in searching anymore."

Silence separate them like a thick glass wall.

"I'm glad you're okay. Even if you're the only one. I don't know if you're corrupted, if learning the truth affected you like it did the others, but I hope not. I hope at least one person turned out of this okay."

He breathed in slowly, and then exhaled, peering around the chaotic digital landscape. It as if he was peering through a picturebook of everyone he'd lost here.

"It's so hard... to do the right thing. Not to decide to do so; that's easy. But to... to actually be a good person. To build something that doesn't go bad. I know you've probably felt that too. I don't know if any of you would ever believe us, but we were trying to create a good future, and honestly, we did care about you. There's so much we couldn't say, so much we couldn't do, but we were honored to be able to bring into existence people like you. To create is something magical; you get to bring something into the world that will make it better. And you all made it better, even if it was hard on you... and I know it was. Do you know what the best part of any creation is? When it takes on a life that is more than what you've given it. Maybe whatever god or cosmic happenstance that brought humans into being feel the same as we do. You all made your life history in that city. With what you did. You forged friendships and made comrades. Those bonds are human, or whatever you'd like to call it."

Another sigh. He seemed to be getting more and more transparent.

"I never got the chance, because i couldn't take the risk of corrupting you but I... I wanted to tell you that your life doesn't mean any less than our because of what you are. It doesn't change anything. Life -digital or not- is about being who you are, seeking what you want, and having others be glad that the world was blessed enough to have you in it."

He held out his hand and a fencing foil appeared there.

"When I told you all I'd do everything I could to bring you back, I didn't lie. In this foil is great potential, both here..." The Doctor pointed upward, "... and out there. If you seek to join us, then find me with this, and with it you can write your own future and your own meaning." He laid in on the ground before her and stepped back.

"And Alysa..."

The Doctor cracked his first smile, but it wasn't a smirk. It was a real smile, small, but growing. A small ember on the edge of a dark abyss, trying to grow brighter.

"I'm glad that the world was blessed enough to have you in it."

"...Yes." Yuki said, with his face still fully red, staring up at the sky. "That's what I wish for at least. I want to build Skyline. That's what I'm calling it. So that we can start a free life of our own choice." He then looked back at Shade. "...And choose who to be with..."

Chester watched the sunset,not realising that he wasn't floating anymore and that his body came back to normal.He looked at the new world,listening to Yuki's words as a genuine smile showed up on his lips."I'll join as well,if you want to,I'll try my best to find codes and connect the City to humanity,without losing ourselves."He was quite happy to know that he had found peace,bit he still wanted humanity to be helped,even though ,like he had said,he won't be a perfect commander.

"So,um...wanna start constructing this world?"

-Kahn-

Kahn didn't truly know what to do now...he was out of restraints, but so what? Everyone else was too and now...the City itself provided a new world for them: A blank Canvas, with lush green grass, a light breeze, sunset and the smell of...life. Kahn looked around the area and at his own hands as he felt this all around him, then he looked at the others and smiled.

"I don't know my purpose in life...not really. As much as I attempt to appear that I know what I am doing, in reality, I'm just seeking a purpose." He said, then he looked to the new sky, his orange reptilian eyes were gleaming, maybe showing something resembling hope...and maybe it was true, for something triggered within Kahn: A warmth.

"I will stay. Assist anyone here in creating our own world...and...perhaps one day, contact the good members of Humanity. You never know...we may speak to The Doctor again and see if he really was a bad guy, or if he was good." Kahn uttered, his fiery aura had already ceased as his emotions lowered to a contented peace as he walked back to the group, minus Alysa.

Yuki couldn't help but start to smile as Chester and even Khan decided to help create this new world. Yuki's face wasn't red anymore. But his eyes were starting to form tears of joy. "You...You guys..." He said, wiping his tears away and smiling. "Thank you." The S3 Saiyan's feet started glow and then he blasted off into the air, using his Sun Jets. And to top it all off, he went Super Saiyan. Not in anger, but in joy and happiness. "YAHHOOO!!!" The excited red-tailed child flew through the air, all over the sky. His joyous nature couldn't be contained any longer. Yellow lined flashes of light zoomed through the sky above. The boy then flew back down to the group, still a Super Saiyan and still smiling. He hugged Kristy, he hugged Maxwell, he hugged Sora, he hugged Chester, he hugged Shade, and he even hugged Shan Kahn. He hugged pretty much everyone that was staying. He was that happy. "Oh man, I don't even know where to start! What should we make first? A beach? Houses? Buildings? Rivers? A pool? Oh, I can already tell this'll be fun! Heh heh heh heh heh!" He said, flying back into the sky to just get his excitement out.

(Imma just ruin the mood)

With all that was happened Maxwell stood there, unmoving, silent, deciding for the others to choose their fate first, seeing Alyssa leave did not bother him, as it was her choice, seeing as a new world was about to be created Maxwell felt uncomfortable, as if his gut was telling him that something was missing, be it from the city's offer or even himself.

He turned around took a few steps away from the group. Even though everything seemed happy, everything seemed positvie, Maxwell could not feel happy, for some reason, as if that emotion was never coded in him, he looked down as his cyborg-like armor started to configure itself back to his nomal clothing, he did learn how to manipulate the code in his time in the city, to a fair extent anyway. at least revert whatever changes occured to him. 

"I...cannot" He muttered, "Even though this is the end, I still feel as if something is missing...possibly in me..." He said and as he said a small lightning storm began to form in the sky, "I don't understand, none of you seem to be feeling as if somethings missing, so that must mean its...something concerning my existence..." He said sighing as he took three steps forward.

"I must find answers, even if there doesn't seem to be any..." with that, a lightning bolt fell from the sky and onto him, as it hit him he simply disappeared in a bright flash of light of code. To where? not even he knew.

-----

Maxwell reapeared in a complete desolate environment, everything was white, nothing existed in it but him. "So this is a good part of the city...nothingness." He muttered as he started to walk forward, into the endless blank space he now found himself into, seeking for something, anything, that could answer him, to find what was missing...

With each step he took, lightning crackled at his feet.

Edited by Scrapmaster

"Yeah, I can get behind this just fine."  Kristy replied to the City.  Then she could see it all.  The grass, the forest, the sun, and everyone else who were still here.  She was in utter awe at everything she saw.  Upon hearing Yuki the name, Kristy says:  "Skyline huh?  That sounds good to me."  With the idea of building stuff she then says:  "With so many options it's hard to pick and start on one.  But whatever it is, it would be fun starting it together."

Sora moved closer to Kristy.

"...can we build a house together? With...a pool maybe? Or...or maybe a small pond? With a water slide?" She smiled shyly. "Whatever you want Kristy. As long as we are together."

Alysa stared at the Doctor. His words were potent, she could not deny this. The program bent down, and picked up the fencing foil, but by the blade, not putting her hand on the hilt. It was high quality, the hilt the exact kind she used. Still not speaking a word, a scabbard appeared on the other side of her waist, and Alysa slid it in. She looked back to the Doctor, her expression having lost the frustration and anger it had when she left the other S4s. "Perhaps another time. The pain you caused me and the others is still raw. I can't go back, nor can I go with you back to the labs and your good intentions. It's better if I figure things out on my own." She turned away from him, the gleaming smile haunting her slightly. She was about to vanish into another distant corner of the digital world when she looked back to the new blade on her hip. "Actually, there's one thing I already figured out." Alysa detached the scabbard from her pants, and tossed it behind her, so it skidded back to the Doctor's feet. "I cannot be human. I can only be what I am. Thinking elsewise is naught but a hallucination." She said, her slim figure disappearing, destroying her digital trail as she traveled away.

"Well, let's get started with a house for you and Kristy, Sora!" Yuki said, descending down between in front of the two girls, still a Super Saiyan and as happy as ever. "So where do you want it Kristy. I'll help build it." He said, smiling.

The Doctor smirked as he watched Alyssa walk away. After all trace of her was gone he shrugged, and turned about, back to his real world.

"See you around Alyssa..."

And thus Alyssa went off on her own, deep into an expanse of a world she had only scratched the surface of, and elsewhere, in a huge white void, Maxwell began his own journey for answers, both of them seeking more of a truth they sought from the world they now found themselves in.

In the lush new beginnings of the new City, the others began to build. They began to forge a new future; a future all their own. The structures they built were more than physical, more than digital; they were personal. They were building something that was truly vibrant, something thriving; they were constructing the very foundation of the next chapter in their lives. A life of living with the past they all now carried together, and the hopes that lay on the edge of the coming day's dawn.

They had all been through so much. A life that had been made for them. A fate decided for them. A lie that they had believed for so long. So many had been lost; allies, comrades, friends. But their sacrifice had helped to wash away that lie, to shatter that fate, and to throw away that predetermined life, to make room for the potential for a new one of their choosing.

And so they began to craft it; their monument to their purposes and meanings in life; their own landscape and home that stretched off far into the horizon; their own Skyline.

The End.

Edited by MDSVeritas