Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Lu Xun

If you could, would you change anything in the storyline of the KH games released so far?

If you could, would you change anything in the storyline of the KH games released so far?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. If you could, would you change anything in the storyline of the KH games released so far?

• Yeah! I would change many things! (Tell us!)
    • Yup! But only one thing! (Tell us!)
    • Nah... I wouldn't change a single thing.
    • Never thought about it... Maybe...
    • Another option? Tell us below!

KH is fine, but if I might change a few things. One, I'd probably make it that Nobodies couldn't grow back hearts, and I guess just make the storyline less confusing and complex. Also, eliminate the X cannon for now.

• Fix the many, many retcons
  • Remove time travel
  • Make certain games' plots less repetitive
  • Take out all romantic references

Of course, this is more of a "Things I wish weren't in" over a "Things I'd fix myself" considering picking up someone's work and changing it just makes it more awkward. I'll stick to writing my own game stories, personally.

I'm generally okay with most of what we have (it's not the best storyline, but I find it really enjoyable so long as I'm not taking it too seriously), but I would get rid of time travel as well as X's story (from what I've read, I don't like it).

Eh, maybe, but I'd only really clean up the inconsistencies that have been made due to further installments in the series. Such as changing "HIS Majesty banished Pete" to "Her Majesty banished Pete", or that some characters didn't forget things so easily. But that's about it, everything seems to be done pretty well so far.

I would've made 358/2 days on either the ps2 or psp instead of on the ds. I think it woulda looked better. And on that note, kept the console they release stuff on consistant. Other than that...

Maybe have found a better way to explain the time travel thing or made it simpler.

Other than that, nothing. Its fine the way it is.

-TIME TRAVEL

At least its not done horribly in KH,it could have been a lot worst,but I'd rather not have time travel at all.

Also,nobodies should not have hearts

5 major things:

1. No sideplot with Riku in DDD

2. Less Org. 13 members (just seems like too many)

3. Making a few more Org. 13 members females for an even mix

4. Xion looking female to everyone, not looking like a mirror reflecting, until the ending. 

5. Time travel = NO, JUST NO. 

I'd adapt more properties beyond Disney and incorporate specific franchises and characters into worlds or just cameos to pop in and say hello.

Edited by Kaweebo

Name "Nobodies", "Heartless" because they are the ones without hearts and name "Heartless", "Nobodies" because they are the ones without bodies. Finally, make Kairi strong and give Naminé a lil' something to defend herself against bad guys. I wouldn't really change the storyline, just fix a few details. Also, I'm not a fan of time travel...but I can live with it.

Edited by PrinceNoctis

I have no problem with the storyline of the series, but the one thing that I'd change is that I'd make Kingdom Hearts X's story available to everyone else worldwide! (Okay, technically we have X thanks to Everglow's videos, but I mean a chance for us to play it and experience the story for ourselves.)

-Get rid of Chi. It never happened.

-Get rid of DDD and have its important plot points absorbed and condensed into KH3

-No time travel

-Have Re:Coded feature the real Sora so the character interactions between him and his friends are more meaningful (Based off the ReCoded movie)

-Make Re:Coded Mickey's game

-Make DDD Riku's game

-End BBS so it doesnt set up future sequels. Ven sleeps forever, Aqua is lost in the Realm of Darkness, and Terra has become the villain Sora eventually defeats. BBS could have just been a prequel game to show the origins of Apprentice Xehanort and just had a really depressing/bittersweet ending. Bittersweet because even though TAV would have failed pretty hard, the player would at least have the knowledge that Sora eventually takes care of things.

-Get rid of Days. The story didn't really need to be told. Or at least just don't bring back Xion.

-How about don't bring back Roxas or Namine either. At the end of KH2 they both seemed pretty ok with how things were going to turn out. Why ruin that?

-Axel dies in the last fight against Roxas in the KH2 Prologue. A very ironic end for him to die at the hands of someone he once called a friend. 

And probably the one thing I'd change over anything else:

End the series after Kingdom Hearts II. Have the series be a trilogy consisting of Kingdom Hearts, Chain of Memories, and Kingdom Hearts II. The story grew and became it's own thing building off the Disney and Final Fantasy elements throughout those three games and I felt in KH2 the story had reached its high point. Everything about the ending of the game made you feel that this was the final entry in the series. I'd rather not go on a rant about this so I'll leave it at that. 

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Love KH the way it is but...

#1 coded, chi and especially 3D, no. Just no. Pass on fillers. And time travel. Except Mysterious Stranger from BBS, only exception.

#2 A bit more reality to Sora and the crew's physical limitations like KH1

#3 More relationship elements to Sora and Kairi from KH2 on. Hand holding? Holding eachother? Kiss? On the cheek? Too much?

#4 Simpler storyline. Make of that what you will.