Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Alright, so I'm seeing Mickey going to Master Yen Sid as a side scene, talking about finding a way to go back in time. MYS tells him he might lose his body in the process, and we get that scene cliffhanger with Mickey saying "Whatever it takes to save my friends!" (Fadeout scene)

I could have sworn Xehanort said you can't change the past. You can only move forward when time traveling...

he stated that you cannot change things that are destined to happen

he stated that you cannot change things that are destined to happen

Exactly. And as unfortunate as those things were, they were meant to happen. Destinies aren't always good. What happened to each of them, especially what happened with Terra, set many future things in motion that would be ruined if Mickey were to change things. Terranort is the one who discovered that Worlds have Hearts. Without him, Ansem would not have been created, Xemnas would not have been created, and Sora and his friends would never have had the amazing, life-changing, and lesson filled journey that they've had.

Exactly. And as unfortunate as those things were, they were meant to happen. Destinies aren't always good. What happened to each of them, especially what happened with Terra, set many future things in motion that would be ruined if Mickey were to change things. Terranort is the one who discovered that Worlds have Hearts. Without him, Ansem would not have been created, Xemnas would not have been created, and Sora and his friends would never have had the amazing, life-changing, and lesson filled journey that they've had.

then this could tie into kh3 where the world as they knew it changed forever o_0 jk but in all seriousness saving Ventus and Aqua wouldn't have an effect and in the kingdom hearts world would have them just be saved Edited by Ventus99

then this could tie into kh3 where the world as they knew it changed forever o_0 jk but in all seriousness saving Ventus and Aqua wouldn't have an effect and in the kingdom hearts world would have them just be saved

Hmmmmmmm, you sure about that? Saving Ven would mean he never ends up in Sora's Heart, and that would effect him negatively, you know. Remember, it was Ven's Armour that saved Sora from being lost to the Darkness in DDD. Roxas's appearance was also inspired by Ven's presence in Sora.  Also, if Ven never fell asleep, Aqua wouldn't have had a reason to create Castle Oblivion. And having no Castle Oblivion would also change events. Everything is linked, I tell you. It's called the Butterfly Effect.

Wouldn't that seriously screw up the entire series though? Saving Aqua and Ven now won't be an issue and I can imagine Nomura coming up with some reason as to how Terra can return. I don't think Mickey needs to do something so drastic as time travel to fix the problem. Besides, I'd rather they keep time travel out of the series from now on. 

Hmmmmmmm, you sure about that? Saving Ven would mean he never ends up in Sora's Heart, and that would effect him negatively, you know. Remember, it was Ven's Armour that saved Sora from being lost to the Darkness in DDD. Roxas's appearance was also inspired by Ven's presence in Sora.  Also, if Ven never fell asleep, Aqua wouldn't have had a reason to create Castle Oblivion. And having no Castle Oblivion would also change events. Everything is linked, I tell you. It's called the Butterfly Effect.

They only underwent a mark of mastery to be able to save ven, terra, and Aqua. The organization was in castle oblivion to find ven but they wouldn't be there if ven was saved. Kingdom hearts logic wouldn't include your insect theory and everything would be fine and kingdom hearts would continue on.

Wouldn't that seriously screw up the entire series though? Saving Aqua and Ven now won't be an issue and I can imagine Nomura coming up with some reason as to how Terra can return. I don't think Mickey needs to do something so drastic as time travel to fix the problem. Besides, I'd rather they keep time travel out of the series from now on.

read ^^^

They only underwent a mark of mastery to be able to save ven, terra, and Aqua. The organization was in castle oblivion to find ven but they wouldn't be there if ven was saved. Kingdom hearts logic wouldn't include your insect theory and everything would be fine and kingdom hearts would continue on.read ^^^

But it wouldn't be the same. That's what I'm trying to get you to realize. Even though life would go on, everything that has happened up to this point in the series would be completely different by making such a choice. You can't change the past, and expect everything to still be the same in the future. Ven falling asleep had it's effect on the story, Terra being Norted had a HUGE effect on the story, and even though we don't know exactly what Aqua is doing right now, we can rest assured knowing that she's where she needs to be at this current time. (Watching the secreting ending to final mix can tell you that.)

Edited by Pandy Monium

While it is a pretty good theory, the thing with that is if it were to happen as you say it would, everything that has happened up until now will have basically not happened. Meaning that Mickey will have pressed a super giant reset button!  And well, everything that has happened in the series has been so emotional and meaningful, so I really don't think this should happen.  Still, cool theory though. :)

But it wouldn't be the same. That's what I'm trying to get you to realize. Even though life would go on, everything that has happened up to this point in the series would be completely different by making such a choice. You can't change the past, and expect everything to still be the same in the future. Ven falling asleep had it's effect on the story, Terra being Norted had a HUGE effect on the story, and even though we don't know exactly what Aqua is doing right now, we can rest assured knowing that she's where she needs to be at this current time. (Watching the secreting ending to final mix can tell you that.)

I'm trying to get you to understand that Groundhog Day project almanac logic and kingdom hearts DO NOT mix. Kingdom hearts sets an animistic happy yet dramatic tone for its series. This isn't back to the future. Maybe if there was a back to the future world in kh3 you would be happy about that but there's not gonna so go to bed and dream about it ;) seriously though ITS Kingdom Hearts. not firetrucking time traveling rubix cube Jenga butterfly code diffusing a Bomb while terrorists scream at you in another language. lol think about it. Square would keep it simple I understand where your going with the time travel stuff and I've seen my share of movies so I know but this is kingdom hearts for Gods sake not doctor who

While it is a pretty good theory, the thing with that is if it were to happen as you say it would, everything that has happened up until now will have basically not happened. Meaning that Mickey will have pressed a super giant reset button!  And well, everything that has happened in the series has been so emotional and meaningful, so I really don't think this should happen.  Still, cool theory though. :)

read ^^^^

I'm trying to get you to understand that Groundhog Day project almanac logic and kingdom hearts DO NOT mix. Kingdom hearts sets an animistic happy yet dramatic tone for its series. This isn't back to the future. Maybe if there was a back to the future world in kh3 you would be happy about that but there's not gonna so go to bed and dream about it ;) seriously though ITS Kingdom Hearts. not firetrucking time traveling rubix cube Jenga butterfly code diffusing a Bomb while terrorists scream at you in another language. lol think about it. Square would keep it simple I understand where your going with the time travel stuff and I've seen my share of movies so I know but this is kingdom hearts for Gods sake not doctor whoread ^^^^

Lol, I'm not even really pushing  "Ground Day" logic here,  I'm just reiterating the Domino Effect that's already been prevalent in the series since day one. And no, it's not always a happy go lucky series. It's full of it's hard warming moments, but it's realistic in the fact that bad things can, and DO happen to good people, but finding it within yourself to rise above the trials is what's important, and can alternately be what makes you stronger. Simply taking out the sad parts simply because we didn't like them, would be a slap in the face to people who love this game for what it is, and a huge slap in the face to the story itself.

And honestly, no matter how you look at this, going back in the past and changing stuff just to make everything perfect still wouldn't fly. In fact, it would probably create even more holes. For example: Lets say that I'm wrong, and they do find a way to go back and "fix" things. Okay, why stop with Ven, Terra, and Aqua? It wouldn't change the fact that Xehanort's a mad man, would it? Nope. To fix that they'd have to go even FURTHER in history, and keep Young Xehanort from ever leaving the island. Why, you say? Because of the Domino Effect I mentioned before. The day that boy stepped off the island was literally the day everything else was set into motion. Without him, this entire series would never have happened. See what I mean? Little events and choices CAN effect everything else in the KH series, and they have. Many times.

I'm trying to get you to understand that Groundhog Day project almanac logic and kingdom hearts DO NOT mix. Kingdom hearts sets an animistic happy yet dramatic tone for its series. This isn't back to the future. Maybe if there was a back to the future world in kh3 you would be happy about that but there's not gonna so go to bed and dream about it ;) seriously though ITS Kingdom Hearts. not firetrucking time traveling rubix cube Jenga butterfly code diffusing a Bomb while terrorists scream at you in another language. lol think about it. Square would keep it simple I understand where your going with the time travel stuff and I've seen my share of movies so I know but this is kingdom hearts for Gods sake not doctor whoread ^^^^

I don't think it's fair to write off the possibility of a butterfly effect by saying Square would keep it simple, because it's KH and not that serious. Kingdom Hearts is not super dark and grim, but the plot is massive. If someone were to go back in time to change destinies, there's no way the future wouldn't turn out significantly different. To suggest it's not at all that complicated is almost insulting.

Lol, I'm not even really pushing  "Ground Day" logic here,  I'm just reiterating the Domino Effect that's already been prevalent in the series since day one. And no, it's not always a happy go lucky series. It's full of it's hard warming moments, but it's realistic in the fact that bad things can, and DO happen to good people, but finding it within yourself to rise above the trials is what's important, and can alternately be what makes you stronger. Simply taking out the sad parts simply because we didn't like them, would be a slap in the face to people who love this game for what it is, and a huge slap in the face to the story itself. And honestly, no matter how you look at this, going back in the past and changing stuff just to make everything perfect still wouldn't fly. In fact, it would probably create even more holes. For example: Lets say that I'm wrong, and they do find a way to go back and "fix" things. Okay, why stop with Ven, Terra, and Aqua? It wouldn't change the fact that Xehanort's a mad man, would it? Nope. To fix that they'd have to go even FURTHER in history, and keep Young Xehanort from ever leaving the island. Why, you say? Because of the Domino Effect I mentioned before. The day that boy stepped off the island was literally the day everything else was set into motion. Without him, this entire series would never have happened. See what I mean? Little events and choices CAN effect everything else in the KH series, and they have. Many times.

and If 3d never released and I told you that xehanort traveleved back in time you would give me this logic and doubt everything, well WHERES THE PLOT HOLE with xehanort. I

I don't think it's fair to write off the possibility of a butterfly effect by saying Square would keep it simple, because it's KH and not that serious. Kingdom Hearts is not super dark and grim, but the plot is massive. If someone were to go back in time to change destinies, there's no way the future wouldn't turn out significantly different. To suggest it's not at all that complicated is almost insulting.

xehanort time traveled and it didn't have a domino effect. When traveling in time a past incarnation of yourself must be at the location. Destiny is written out and CANT be changed. Kingdom hearts time travel is different from how it should be, please watch the end of 3d all over again if you don't understand kingdom hearts time travel and that it is very different.

Lol, I'm not even really pushing  "Ground Day" logic here,  I'm just reiterating the Domino Effect that's already been prevalent in the series since day one. And no, it's not always a happy go lucky series. It's full of it's hard warming moments, but it's realistic in the fact that bad things can, and DO happen to good people, but finding it within yourself to rise above the trials is what's important, and can alternately be what makes you stronger. Simply taking out the sad parts simply because we didn't like them, would be a slap in the face to people who love this game for what it is, and a huge slap in the face to the story itself. And honestly, no matter how you look at this, going back in the past and changing stuff just to make everything perfect still wouldn't fly. In fact, it would probably create even more holes. For example: Lets say that I'm wrong, and they do find a way to go back and "fix" things. Okay, why stop with Ven, Terra, and Aqua? It wouldn't change the fact that Xehanort's a mad man, would it? Nope. To fix that they'd have to go even FURTHER in history, and keep Young Xehanort from ever leaving the island. Why, you say? Because of the Domino Effect I mentioned before. The day that boy stepped off the island was literally the day everything else was set into motion. Without him, this entire series would never have happened. See what I mean? Little events and choices CAN effect everything else in the KH series, and they have. Many times.

read ^^^

and If 3d never released and I told you that xehanort traveleved back in time you would give me this logic and doubt everything, well WHERES THE PLOT HOLE with xehanort. Ixehanort time traveled and it didn't have a domino effect. When traveling in time a past incarnation of yourself must be at the location. Destiny is written out and CANT be changed. Kingdom hearts time travel is different from how it should be, please watch the end of 3d all over again if you don't understand kingdom hearts time travel and that it is very different.read ^^^

Look, I'm fairly sure I understand KH's time travel: you can only travel to a time/place where there's a past incarnation of yourself, like how MX did in 3D. But that's the entire point; you say there is no domino effect from Xehanort traveling back in time (and instructing Young Xehanort to do all the 3D stuff), but there is. The entire dark seeker saga exists because of Xehanort's ambition and time travel. After returning to his own time (after 3D), Young Xehanort had forgotten all his time travel adventures, but he was left with a desire to see outside worlds.

You could say that this was all destiny (I'm not a follower of determinism, but I'll concede this point for now), but there certainly was a butterfly/domino effect. If Xehanort hadn't traveled back in time to instruct Young Xehanort, he wouldn't have left the island and grown up into the person he later became, i.e. the Dark Seeker saga as we know it.

And yes, I realize that if the only reason Xehanort left the island is that he was visited by his future self, then there has to be a timeline in which he wasn't visited (the first timeline), but since we don't know anything that, we can really only speculate.

In Kingdom Hearts 3 Mickey will give up his body in a manner similar to how xehanort did so and travel back to when he failed to save his "3 friends". I was watching dream drop distance cutscenes and he was extremely sorrowful that he was unable to save them when he confronts xehanort about it. Although "destiny" cannot be altered in the restrictions of the time travel bull shit I do not believe for 1 second that Ventus, Terra, and Aqua's "destiny" was to be in the positions they are now. There are many reasons supporting this but you must also refer to the doubt in this theory. Ventus will likely awaken soon and Aqua will maybe be saved. As for terra he will be a dark vessel so he's out of the picture for the time being. I believe if Mickey were to travel back to the confrontation with ven, terra and Aqua he would be able to prevent terra becoming xehanort, ven going into a slumber and Aqua from falling to darkness. This is just a theory please have an open mind when responding and please do not speak for square and act like it automatically won't happen or something else will happen :)

And then Sora would never get the Keyblade.

Number one you can't go back and change the past with out breaking the laws of time as stated by Young Xehanort. Saving Terra, Aqua , and Ventus in the past would severely alter the timeline. The events of BBS were what set the forth the events of the remainder series as elaborated by Master Xehanort ("The broken boy who failed to be the blade. The misguided master who sacrificed herself for a friend. And the feckless youth who became my new vessel.") Terra, Aqua, and Ven's sacrifices are what bridged the events of the past with the present stream of events.

Exactly...this is stated in game and is a fixed timeloop

And then Sora would never get the Keyblade.

except Ven isn't the reason Sora wields. He's the reason Sora dual wields.

Exactly...this is stated in game and is a fixed timeloop

except Ven isn't the reason Sora wields. He's the reason Sora dual wields.

Would the Keyblade had chosen a Heart completely unrelated to it, tho?

Would the Keyblade had chosen a Heart completely unrelated to it, tho

Yes and it did. All you need is the right qualifications of the heart and when in need it will gravitate to the nearest qualifying heart ala Riku falling to darkness and Sora's heart reaching out : KH Ultimania

Even though Riku was the rightful owner of the Keyblade, then why did Sora obtain the Keyblade in the beginning?

Nomura: Even though I would like to keep that obscure, there is a scene in Destiny islands where Riku is being swallowed by darkness, a light appears, and Sora first obtains the keyblade. With the setting I created, the darkness that surrounds them is Riku’s heart’s darkness. At that moment, Sora enters the darkness, and the light he sees inside is Riku’s heart’s light. Sora, who was squirming in the darkness to save Riku, touched the light and temporarily obtained the Keyblade from Riku.

---Does not the Keyblade itself choose its owner?

Nomura: The Keyblade reacts to the rightful owner’s heart and appears to them. Even though it was definitely Riku who called the Keyblade towards him, the reason why Sora was able to weild it was because he also had the right qualities too.

also BBS ultimania :  

So, it’s not that “once Sora’s story is over the story of a new hero will begin”, but that the series will always have Sora as the hero, isn’t it?

Nomura: Yeah. One of the concepts of the series is that the hero Sora isn’t some special being, but a normal boy. Sure, his heart is connected to Ventus and the others, but other than that, he’s a normal kid that could have come from anywhere, that hasn’t inherited anything from anyone. I want to make Sora a character that will give the player the feeling that “even if I’m not some special being, I have the possibility buried inside of connecting with many others to accomplish things”. In Birth by Sleep, I wish for all the fans to hope to see that Sora reappears. The secret cutscene is what symbolizes this, and so please work your way there, and wait for Sora’s role in the future.

Yes and it did. All you need is the right qualifications of the heart and when in need it will gravitate to the nearest qualifying heart ala Riku falling to darkness and Sora's heart reaching out : KH Ultimania

Even though Riku was the rightful owner of the Keyblade, then why did Sora obtain the Keyblade in the beginning?

Nomura: Even though I would like to keep that obscure, there is a scene in Destiny islands where Riku is being swallowed by darkness, a light appears, and Sora first obtains the keyblade. With the setting I created, the darkness that surrounds them is Riku’s heart’s darkness. At that moment, Sora enters the darkness, and the light he sees inside is Riku’s heart’s light. Sora, who was squirming in the darkness to save Riku, touched the light and temporarily obtained the Keyblade from Riku.

---Does not the Keyblade itself choose its owner?

Nomura: The Keyblade reacts to the rightful owner’s heart and appears to them. Even though it was definitely Riku who called the Keyblade towards him, the reason why Sora was able to weild it was because he also had the right qualities too.

also BBS ultimania :  

So, it’s not that “once Sora’s story is over the story of a new hero will begin”, but that the series will always have Sora as the hero, isn’t it?

Nomura: Yeah. One of the concepts of the series is that the hero Sora isn’t some special being, but a normal boy. Sure, his heart is connected to Ventus and the others, but other than that, he’s a normal kid that could have come from anywhere, that hasn’t inherited anything from anyone. I want to make Sora a character that will give the player the feeling that “even if I’m not some special being, I have the possibility buried inside of connecting with many others to accomplish things”. In Birth by Sleep, I wish for all the fans to hope to see that Sora reappears. The secret cutscene is what symbolizes this, and so please work your way there, and wait for Sora’s role in the future.

Very well.