Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
kybldmstr94

(Speculation) New Voice Actor for Master Xehanort

No one, they're gonna cancel it now.

I sincerely doubt it. They'll just have to recast him. The series didn't end just because Mickey and Jiminy's voice actors died, why would it be any different even for a principle antagonist? Granted though, it will be a tough act to follow.

Also, before more people start getting way too sensitive with this topic, there's already a Leonard Nimoy grieving topic that's separate from the KH3 issue. So rather than listing any complaints about people thinking about a separate practical issue, I would recommend just going there to honor his memory while other people who have already done that ponder about what's next.

We shall always honor Mr. Nimoy's memory. But that doesn't mean we don't have to be rational beings as well. If anyone, Mr. Nimoy would appreciate that.

Edited by Hero of Light XIV

I sincerely doubt it. They'll just have to recast him. The series didn't end just because Mickey and Jiminy's voice actors died, why would it be any different even for a principle antagonist. Granted though, it will be a tough act to follow.

Kind of a good thing Robin Williams didn't reprise his role for the games, then that'd be five VAs dead. Kinda seems like a curse, huh?

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Kind of a good thing Robin Williams didn't reprise his role for the games, then that'd be five VAs dead. Kinda seems like a curse, huh?

Not really. It's more of a coincidence. I'm just surprised by how many VA's in this series have had pre-existing conditions that lead to all of these complications.

But yes, it is rather sad and unfortunate that the series will never be able to continue with such memorable and lovable talents. We can only hope that the powers that be can manage to pick up the pieces and find a suitable enough actor to be able to portray Xehanort in a close enough manner as Nimoy has. But as I said, it's not an easy act to follow.

-.-

Who knows.  

But right now, family, friends, and fans are grieving.

We will just have to find out when Square Enix is ready to reveal a Japanese Trailer and an English Trailer of 3, since both of the actors of Master Xehanort are gone... 

But right now, grieving comes first. 

Edited by RikuFangirl2008

-.-

Who knows.  

But right now, family, friends, and fans are grieving.

We will just have to find out when Square Enix is ready to reveal a Japanese Trailer and an English Trailer of 3, since both of the actors of Master Xehanort are gone... 

But right now, grieving comes first. 

Agreed 100%

Leonard Nimoy's passing is very unfortunate, but guys, remember this is a speculation thread for a new voice actor, so let's try to keep discussion on that, rather than ridicule or complain about the people that want to speculate about it. I understand where you're coming from and I agree with you, but let's try to keep discussion about that elsewhere. Thanks. :)

There is another possibility, albeit an unlikely one. There could be a chance that they may have finished voice casting early and that Nimoy may had finished his work beforehand during any of the periods he was out of the hospital. However, voice work is typically the last part of game development, especially when it's dubbing. But, the voice work for the Japanese version did start in the early stages of gameplay development, and I could have sworn that Bill Farmer (Goofy) said that they had completed at least a good chunk of the English work (he was mistaken about the game being finished, but at the very least he suggested that they finished the voice work early). If, IF mind you, this is the case, then there is a chance that Leonard Nimoy already voiced Xehanort and his legacy will be forever immortalized in the series' magnum opus. However, this is fringe level speculating, and odds are that due to all the complications involving the actor's health, he might not have gotten an opportunity to even report to the studio, whether everybody else had voiced or not.

They already started recording lines a while back for KH3, which is what you do in early development. His lines would've been recorded at this point, so there is no need to worry.

Oh and yes his death is really grieving, but that shouldn't mean there shouldn't be a thread about this. Whether or not its the same day or a week later or even when KH3 or a new Star Trek movie (even if Spock was already replaced by Quinto) comes out, it'll still make us feel sad since we'll remember him as those characters .

Leonard Nimoy's passing is very unfortunate, but guys, remember this is a speculation thread for a new voice actor, so let's try to keep discussion on that, rather than ridicule or complain about the people that want to speculate about it. I understand where you're coming from and I agree with you, but let's try to keep discussion about that elsewhere. Thanks. :)

Thank you. This IS a speculation thread. No need to argue over grieving. Did any of you have an emotional connection to the man? I didn't. I simply want to talk about voice acting for Master Xehanort.

Someone who sounds like Leonard Nimoy, no doubt. Although, given that Chikao Otsuka also died, it's possible they might take MX in a whole new direction.

That or Nimoy already finished recording for the game, which isn't outside the realm of possibility.

Edited by Kaweebo

They already started recording lines a while back for KH3, which is what you do in early development. His lines would've been recorded at this point, so there is no need to worry.

Oh and yes his death is really grieving, but that shouldn't mean there shouldn't be a thread about this. Whether or not its the same day or a week later or even when KH3 or a new Star Trek movie (even if Spock was already replaced by Quinto) comes out, it'll still make us feel sad since we'll remember him as those characters .

So wait, his lines might actually be done already?

Also I'll bet you anything Troy Baker replaces him

Someone who sounds like Leonard Nimoy, no doubt. Although, given that Chikao Otsuka also died, it's possible they might take MX in a whole new direction.

That or Nimoy already finished recording for the game, which isn't outside the realm of possibility.

The closest to Nimoy's voice is Frank Welker.

To everyone saying they may have already recorded his lines: last interview about the game said they were still working on writing the scenarios and choosing works... I find it highly unlikely that they've done any voice acting... It isn't done early in development, it's done late and one of the last things before music recording. Bill farmer was taking about the extra re: coded stuff

So wait, his lines might actually be done already?

Also I'll bet you anything Troy Baker replaces him

The guy who plays Goofy is finished recording, so I don't see why not. Unless he was too sick to come in, I can see them having him do some lines. 

Edited by Kaweebo

If, my first comment is a tad harsh, I apologize. 

Thing is, I really don't know who can voice Master Xehanort.

I'm just the type of person to wait and see what develops.  

That's why I said "Who knows", at the first part of my first comment.